The Coli Movie Club: You're Next

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
'Berberian Sound Studio' was pretty weak to me, underdone and subtle to the point of near nonexistent…what was your take?

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Okay cool more people are here. Now when I saw this was so blown by how the family went about things I was yelling at the screen. Yes, I yelled at the screen 'Don't do it!!' Like 59 times until the killer & their motive was revealed. What I enjoyed most about the movie was how the girl was very creative & smart. Like the things she used had me like :ohhh:. She was in some straight Home Alone level stuff. And like I said in my OP, sending the daighter to run across the lawn cause she was the fastest runner :mjlol: like the killers wouldnt have thought of someone trying to run out the front door... But that trick wire!!:russ: Talk about unexpected!! I bursted out laughing at the movies. I had to bury my face in my date's chest.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Okay cool more people are here. Now when I saw this was so blown by how the family went about things I was yelling at the screen. Yes, I yelled at the screen 'Don't do it!!' Like 59 times until the killer & their motive was revealed. What I enjoyed most about the movie was how the girl was very creative & smart. Like the things she used had me like :ohhh:. She was in some straight Home Alone level stuff. And like I said in my OP, sending the daighter to run across the lawn cause she was the fastest runner :mjlol: like the killers wouldnt have thought of someone trying to run out the front door... But that trick wire!!:russ: Talk about unexpected!! I bursted out laughing at the movies. I had to bury my face in my date's chest.

The trip wire caught me off guard. For some reason I didn't see it coming. I figured she'd get an arrow through the eye or get shot or someone with a knife would be there

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
The trip wire caught me off guard. For some reason I didn't see it coming. I figured she'd get an arrow through the eye or get shot or someone with a knife would be there[/QUOTE]

Kinda like the brother got when he was told to move from the window? Or was that before?

@MartyMcFly
Edit: I hate when I do that

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I liked the aesthetics of YOU'RE NEXT from those creepy as fukk masks to the look of the filming style. The director also was really good at building tension and at shooting the action scenes. This was most on display in the really cool opening murder scene.
The movie also created a worthy addition to the ranks of horror movie Final Girls in Sharni Vinson's Erin.
And the horror geek in me really appreciated the casting of Barbara Crampton as the matriarch of the doomed Davison clan.
Speaking of the Davison family, they were pretty much all awful characters which lessened my enjoyment a bit because I like to root for victims in horror movies and I spent the majority of this movie cheering for the bad guys. Also the reasoning behind the murders was really pedestrian and ho-hum.
I give You're Next 2 Roger Eberts.
:ebert::ebert:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I liked the aesthetics of YOU'RE NEXT from those creepy as fukk masks to the look of the filming style. The director also was really good at building tension and at shooting the action scenes. This was most on display in the really cool opening murder scene.
The movie also created a worthy addition to the ranks of horror movie Final Girls in Sharni Vinson's Erin.
And the horror geek in me really appreciated the casting of Barbara Crampton as the matriarch of the doomed Davison clan.
Speaking of the Davison family, they were pretty much all awful characters which lessened my enjoyment a bit because I like to root for victims in horror movies and I spent the majority of this movie cheering for the bad guys. Also the reasoning behind the murders was really pedestrian and ho-hum.
I give You're Next 2 Roger Eberts.
:ebert::ebert:

2 out of what? 4 or 5?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The score for the movie should get some props too. Definitely added to it never took away from it and used a lot of synth which I always love in a horror movie