The Cloverfield Paradox (Official Thread)

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
This felt a lot like Life. Much like Life, this was an average space movie with a talented cast that didn’t really capitalize on everything. This also really felt like a mashup of other Sci Fi flicks (Alien, Event Horizon, the Thing) with a tacked on Cloverfield connection at the end. Im not really sure what the goal is with these now, it feels like a misguided money grab

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
This felt a lot like Life. Much like Life, this was an average space movie with a talented cast that didn’t really capitalize on everything. This also really felt like a mashup of other Sci Fi flicks (Alien, Event Horizon, the Thing) with a tacked on Cloverfield connection at the end. Im not really sure what the goal is with these now, it feels like a misguided money grab
It was like Life how. It was a sci fi film set in outer space on a space station where something goes terribly wrong?

Life felt like Alien with a less threatening looking alien...

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
no it isnt. that michael bay time travel movie was more entertaining. 100% of the ppl that watched primer didnt understand it the first time.

edit: infact, just like myself, most of us needed to find that chart and read reddit post to get a grasp of what we watched

I've watched it probably 50 times and still find things that made question what i thought i knew...

And that is why it's the GOAT time travel movie...

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've watched it probably 50 times and still find things that made question what i thought i knew...

And that is why it's the GOAT time travel movie...
just cus its confusing doesnt make it great. well thought out and closer to realism; sure. but primer was definitely not entertaining.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
this part was intense seeing it for the first time, shyt was almost like FPS and the sound was great! ...... this is what most people are looking for in cloverfield movies , But I truly believe JJ and the studios aren't willing spend the production cost that they spent on cloverfield 1.

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
this part was intense seeing it for the first time, shyt was almost like FPS and the sound was great! ...... this is what most people are looking for in cloverfield movies , But I truly believe JJ and the studios aren't willing spend the production cost that they spent on cloverfield 1.

I always said Cloverfield is a movie you HAVE to watch on a sound system.

RisAri0

<<dunno what swag means
Daps
It was like Life how. It was a sci fi film set in outer space on a space station where something goes terribly wrong?

Life felt like Alien with a less threatening looking alien...
Both movies have what seem to be a token Asian person. And scenes of self sacrificing for all to survive...oh and that capsule landing on Earth to name a few.