The Cloverfield Paradox (Official Thread)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@Lord_nikon
@DoubleClutch
@Mybeardisglorious

Don't mean to spam the thread but also check out "Primer". It also deals with time travel and alternate time lines....it's probably the most "accurate" movie when it comes to that, in terms of how realistic they tried to make cause/effect. To be completely honest I didn't like it that much but it's pretty :ohhh: in terms of how much thought they put into making the movie believable.

Trailer:

Chart explaining the movie:

primer-chart.jpg

Fred.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Lord_nikon
@DoubleClutch
@Mybeardisglorious

Don't mean to spam the thread but also check out "Primer". It also deals with time travel and alternate time lines....it's probably the most "accurate" movie when it comes to that, in terms of how realistic they tried to make cause/effect. To be completely honest I didn't like it that much but it's pretty :ohhh: in terms of how much thought they put into making the movie believable.

Trailer:

primer-chart.jpg

Fred.

Actually when I said “looper” I was thinking of Primer.

Looper was good too but “Primer” is the Goat”

I’m probably gonna re watch this week cause I forgot most of it

That stuff with the storage shed had me :dwillhuh:

KageDaBeast

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Durham, NC
I see a lot of you thinking this is a prequel to the first movie. There’s no way all this stuff lead up to Cloverfield cause the earth seems in such a worse off state even from the opening

It has to be somewhere inbetween the original and cloverfield lane

I saw online this takes place in the future, like 2028ish.. it's nothing official. The tagline on the poster is "the future unleashed everything" so it could be true.

uzp3yv177ce01.jpg

Theodoresolderbreh

No Shorts No Malarkey
Daps
Reppin
Theodore breh and associates
@Lord_nikon
@DoubleClutch
@Mybeardisglorious

Trailer:

primer-chart.jpg

Fred.
i seen this like 4 times I didn't get it at all at first

• Dap
Reactions: hex
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
What I get the most from this is it's not just the movie industry and critics who aren't ready for what Netflix is doing but apparently consumers aren't either. That people are really still holding reviews in such high regard for something that's available to you the same time its available to critics is very telling. Hearing people wish this was released in theaters also is very telling. The average person doesn't seem ready for the traditional film experience to change, regardless of if they've embraced cord cutting when it comes to watching TV.

Yeah that shyt got me like :dahell:

Who cares about reviews when the fukking thing was delivered to your front door before critics have seen it? People are idiots.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
that can't be them falling at the end of the first one then, right? shyt was just a regular ass day, they on a date at the amusement park, meanwhile across the pond, fukking big ass monsters roaming and shyt. :comeon:they ain't gonna tell the rest of the world?
The news in the movie showed that the ship crashed before they ended up going back to Earth so I think the ship crashing in the first Cloverfield was the ship crashing out of the time paradox which took place before they actually returned to Earth

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I saw online this takes place in the future, like 2028ish.. it's nothing official. The tagline on the poster is "the future unleashed everything" so it could be true.

uzp3yv177ce01.jpg

Yea this actually makes sense. I feel like they purposely didn’t say to much or they left a lot plot holes for possibilities in future movies

A lot of the questions will be answered since a lot can be explained with alternate/multiple realities

And I’m thinking time sped up or something else happened on earth while they were stuck in the other reality

Also the reality they comeback to might not be the same

The original clover field might’ve been effected by the paradox retroactively

I just wish they would’ve took a little more time on the film and explained stuff like how the arm knew to write what was going on from a different dimension

Kinda reminds me of interstellar and the cross between realities and how you’re able to communicate if you’re aware of both dimensions

Also same thing in stranger things too

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
This movie was fire :wow:. Bout to watch a second time.

Two strong black leads - Check
Positive black family images - Check
Interesting and funny characters- Check
Genuiely suspenseful plot - Check
Film Score bangs - Check
Beautiful visuals - Check

:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:/5
Low key extras on the hate because it's a black director and leads. This Cloverfield not a Grammy nominated project.

Coulda been better but did the job in entertaining me and I'd watch again.

Last edited:

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
No way in hell this movie is "fire" or close to it. This movie is really subpar

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Lord_nikon
@DoubleClutch
@Mybeardisglorious

Trailer:

primer-chart.jpg

Fred.

fukk this movie

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
The news in the movie showed that the ship crashed before they ended up going back to Earth so I think the ship crashing in the first Cloverfield was the ship crashing out of the time paradox which took place before they actually returned to Earth
Naw the public was aware of the ship and it wouldn't have been an afterthought like the first movie. I don't think we see what fell in the first movie on this one.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Naw the public was aware of the ship and it wouldn't have been an afterthought like the first movie. I don't think we see what fell in the first movie on this one.
He was to nice to the last people that died.

He should have copied this scene for that bimbos death cept she go in face first