The Cloverfield Paradox (Official Thread)

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
:usure:

Say what you want about 10 Cloverfield Lane, but at the very least it had a layered character arc, tension depth and was genuinely intriguing. This shyt right here consumed a smorgasbord of all the worst science fiction tropes, and then vomited them into the trash for us to look at.
I say Cloverfield Lane was trash.

Cloverfield Lane was horrible and should be skipped entirely despite it's ability to follow basic script writing structure. People just want to forget that film ever happened.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah this was a disappointment

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a simple man when it comes to this franchise. I, like many people, just want a true sequel that deals directly with the events of the original Cloverfield. None of this extra shyt that's loosely tying it all together. The problem is JJ keeps trying to overcomplicate this shyt instead of giving people what they want.

When that first trailer for Cloverfield dropped, I was :gladbron:. And even though the movie wasn't great, it kept my attention the whole way through with :gladbron: moments. Cloverfield Lane was not my favorite direction to go with the franchise but it was a solid flick. And it too kept my attention.

This however, didn't. :francis:

Just give us a true sequel :camby:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Don't disrespect primer :ufdup:

It's the GOAT time travel movie :ufdup:
no it isnt. that michael bay time travel movie was more entertaining. 100% of the ppl that watched primer didnt understand it the first time.

edit: infact, just like myself, most of us needed to find that chart and read reddit post to get a grasp of what we watched

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no it isnt. that michael bay time travel movie was more entertaining. 100% of the ppl that watched primer didnt understand it the first time.

I think that’s the point. Time travel is confusing.

And what’s the Michael Bay time travel movie?

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
I watched this joint with my wife pretty disappointed.
It was decent like 2/5
I liked Cloverfield a lot and 10 Cloverfield Lane was good too but this movie was weak
Mbuthu was gorgeous as always and it actually started pretty well once things for going but it just got more and more stupider add things went on.
I liked the initial set up space station mayhem and ask that but if went off the rails
like I mean why did rooskie start trying to kill people? Tall weird chick was talking to him through the mirror?
Why was his body filled with worms? Just gross out?
Why did mundys arm dissociate with him? Why was it sentient and most importantly how the hell did it know that the compass was inside the dead guy? Wouldn't it hurt having a compass in you? Did the weird girl have some special power or something? I thought that the universe was trying to reduce redundancy out something since apparently the Chinese girl want there on Earth b but I guess she just died randomly?
What was up with with glue attacking Mundy I mean he would have died anyway from the expansion why add that dumb stuff?
I thought it was going to go the sci fi route or go cosmic horror but instead or just made no sense and didn't follow any kind of internal logic. It could have been another event horizon or a cool interpretation of prey 2017.

Theodoresolderbreh

No Shorts No Malarkey
Daps
Reppin
Theodore breh and associates
Yea this actually makes sense. I feel like they purposely didn’t say to much or they left a lot plot holes for possibilities in future movies

A lot of the questions will be answered since a lot can be explained with alternate/multiple realities

And I’m thinking time sped up or something else happened on earth while they were stuck in the other reality

Also the reality they comeback to might not be the same

The original clover field might’ve been effected by the paradox retroactively

I just wish they would’ve took a little more time on the film and explained stuff like how the arm knew to write what was going on from a different dimension

Kinda reminds me of interstellar and the cross between realities and how you’re able to communicate if you’re aware of both dimensions

Also same thing in stranger things too
when Netflix sent a notification to my phone the tagline said something like this movie will explain what happened ten years ago. They didn't explain shyt. Lol like nothing...I have more questions now if anything. shyt felt like fan fiction. Now I'm reading 2028 and this movie was on another earth which not connected to part one...but the issue with that is they never explained that either way.. just blah blah paradox and parallel universes.

Theodoresolderbreh

No Shorts No Malarkey
Daps
Reppin
Theodore breh and associates
I say Cloverfield Lane was trash.

Cloverfield Lane was horrible and should be skipped entirely despite it's ability to follow basic script writing structure. People just want to forget that film ever happened.
because all of the movies besides part one wasn't actually Cloverfield movies they were shoehorned cash grabs. Paramount finessed the shyt outta Netflix dumping this shyt on them because this movie would have bombed in the theater

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
because all of the movies besides part one wasn't actually Cloverfield movies they were shoehorned cash grabs. Paramount finessed the shyt outta Netflix dumping this shyt on them because this movie would have bombed in the theater
Good for Netflix.

Let's pretend the only movies we like do well at the box office.

It was good B movie fun.

Y'all out here wanting AAA B movies.

Last edited: