The Cloverfield Paradox (Official Thread)

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
If they were really going for the beginning of Cloverfield 1 wasn't it somebody's job to make sure it lined up contextually? Them brehs landed in the middle of the invasion if I didn't know any better. Practically nothing between the 3 films lines up. I'm not gonna even get into the viral marketing.

California Burrito

Slangin' Chorizo
Daps
Reppin
619, CA
Currently a hour into the movie and wow :mjlol: what a fukking disaster and franchise killer this movie is :snoop: no wonder it went straight to Netflix :huhldup: it looks and feels like it was written, directed, and produced by the some people who do Broken Mirror

:dead:

KageDaBeast

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Durham, NC
literally the explanation was alternate universe. I kid you not.

why did the ship attack and eat mundy? How did the villian show up in another universe but everybody else didn't? Who opened the door for the guy after they contained him after reading something (btw they never show what the black guy read they just cut to him confronting the guy) that showed he was "untrustworthy" why was that dropped immediately? Mind you the woman was still locked up on the deck.... WTF was up with volkov face? Twice they showed his face wigging out then he goes crazy then has worms come out his body and a piece of the ship in his stomach...why? How did mundy's arm know to slice volkov open? Why did any of that happen? These are plotholes Saying alternate universe doesnt explain it.

Those worms were teleported into volkovs body and he was talking to 'himself' from the other universe. Kiel read Schimdt's emails and the other Schimdt was planning on sabotaging the station, he confronted him about it sometime later in the movie and Schimdt basically tells him it's the other him.

That chick Jansen got lucky, well she ended up in they ship while everyone else was dead in the ocean. They basically did some shyt they had no business of doing, it's one of those things like time travel where you simply have to go with it. That's about all I got :yeshrug:

Saw this online, it's the same actress in both this and 10 Cloverfield Lane
83iaezy02ce01.png

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
Question doe..

when they landed on Earth at the end through the clouds, did that monster eat the capsule like a cheese ball? And 2...was that the beginning of Cloverfield? If so, I don't remember that time (2008) having a smart phone like the husband had, just saying:yeshrug:

my nikka really did have 2018 ass phone in 08 tho foh:laff::laff::laff:

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
I watched it and enjoyed it

Don't understand the negative reviews

Can only chalk it up to regular ppl who aren't really into sci fi watching and rating a sci fi film

Can't see how anyone whose a fan of things like Star Trek, Alien (1979) and The Expanse would dislike it

I loved the parallel universes crashing and combining aspect of it. The film did what good sci fi is supposed to do, keep you on edge, wondering what's going to happen next.

Plus the black chick from San Junipero is beautiful and easy on the eyes

I fux with it

:manny:

Theodoresolderbreh

No Shorts No Malarkey
Daps
Reppin
Theodore breh and associates
Those worms were teleported into volkovs body and he was talking to 'himself' from the other universe. Kiel read Schimdt's emails and the other Schimdt was planning on sabotaging the station, he confronted him about it sometime later in the movie and Schimdt basically tells him it's the other him.

That chick Jansen got lucky, well she ended up in they ship while everyone else was dead in the ocean. They basically did some shyt they had no business of doing, it's one of those things like time travel where you simply have to go with it. That's about all I got :yeshrug:

Saw this online, it's the same actress in both this and 10 Cloverfield Lane
83iaezy02ce01.png
I get the mirror part with volkov. But that doesn't explain his face and eye acting up. I mean the worms teleported into him? From where? From what? And I get the time travel thing and etc but they dropped us in the middle of aliens, the thing and Donnie Darko and just said fukk it alternate universe to explain what we don't see.

Theodoresolderbreh

No Shorts No Malarkey
Daps
Reppin
Theodore breh and associates
I watched it and enjoyed it

Don't understand the negative reviews

Can only chalk it up to regular ppl who aren't really into sci fi watching and rating a sci fi film

Can't see how anyone whose a fan of things like Star Trek, Alien (1979) and The Expanse would dislike it

I loved the parallel universes crashing and combining aspect of it. The film did what good sci fi is supposed to do, keep you on edge, wondering what's going to happen next.

Plus the black chick from San Junipero is beautiful and easy on the eyes

I fux with it

:manny:
event horizon, in the mouth of madness, aliens 1 and 2, Donnie Darko and the thing are my favorite sci fi, cosmic horror or horror movies... I thought this movie was rushed garbage. I love the concepts hated the execution.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was pure bullshyt. Multi-dimensions means you could find monsters, demons, and sea creatures. What???

How the fukk would he even know that?

They literally made a Alex Jones character saying a Large Hadron Collider conspiracy theory the logical foundation for everything that was happening in the movie.

"Multi-dimensions" is a shytty catch all for the nonsesne that happens in this movie

Event Horizon wasn't just "Hell Dimension" . It was a hell dimension that possessed the ship and drove the crew mad by showing them horrific shyt and fukking with them psychologically and eventually driving them insane. That's an actual explanation for the shyt that's happening on screen. "Multi-Dimensions" is not.

As far as the actual Cloverfield connective tissue goes, that was all done terribly.

This shyt was like calling a movie The Godzilla Paradox, having the trailer play up explaining why Godzilla came, the movie barely having anything to do with Godzilla or any other creatures from the first movie, only offering "multi dimension = monsters" as the reason why Godzilla showed up, and then having Godzilla show up in the last 5 seconds.

That wouldn't be a satisfying Godzilla movie. Its not a satisfying Cloverfield movie either. It didn't fit the actual backstory at all and it wasn't even consistent from a technology stand point. This shyt felt like they just took some script that didn't sell, re-purposed it to be Cloverfield related and finessed Paramount into sending the bag and then Paramount finessed Netflix to get their money back on a bad investment.