The Cloverfield Paradox (Official Thread)

KageDaBeast

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Durham, NC
I get the mirror part with volkov. But that doesn't explain his face and eye acting up. I mean the worms teleported into him? From where? From what? And I get the time travel thing and etc but they dropped us in the middle of aliens, the thing and Donnie Darko and just said fukk it alternate universe to explain what we don't see.

I assumed they were grabbing his eye and just holding it.. a couple scenes before that, he'd asked someone if his face looked weird. He probably could fell something slithering around inside his head. The worms were already on the ship, though for what I have no clue; one of 'em had asked where they went later on in the movie.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
i aint a clovefields guy so maybe i am missing something so i just saw this as another space yarn and it is what it was. I have a feeling the real reason this movie is getting so much flake is because the man character and heart of the story is centralized on poc. You got these reviewers destroying julius onah for screenplay choices when he has no writing credit and the direction was fine

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Welp glad i didnt listen to coli reviews or any reviews for that matter cuz I liked it. Kept me entertained and :lupe:.....i think ppl just get hung up on cloverfield too much or something. I enjoyed it just as much as 10 cloverfield lane and they both had endings that just shoehorned in cloverfield shyt. since they didn't put themselves in a timeline hole and was in a bunker the whole time it Just gets a pass. If u liked life you'll like this, I'll just end it on that.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I watched it and enjoyed it

Don't understand the negative reviews

Can only chalk it up to regular ppl who aren't really into sci fi watching and rating a sci fi film

Can't see how anyone whose a fan of things like Star Trek, Alien (1979) and The Expanse would dislike it

I loved the parallel universes crashing and combining aspect of it. The film did what good sci fi is supposed to do, keep you on edge, wondering what's going to happen next.

Plus the black chick from San Junipero is beautiful and easy on the eyes

I fux with it

:manny:

I like shyt like that also, The One (2001 film), Looper (2012) even Lost in Space (1998)

this had no structure

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Paramount into sending the bag and then Paramount finessed Netflix to get their money back on a bad investment.
probably on surface but releasing a trailer during the superbowl that it is to be released in hours unannounced would have done wonders for there stock

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
This clearly had nothing to do with Cloverfield. This movie was about a paradox and they just attached some cloverfield shyt to it. All they wanted to do was say/film a "paradox" and I think they got that wrong.

The title alone rubbed me the wrong way. Thankfully I was watching this before work and didn't care how my time was being spent.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Yeaa but a way bigger monster. Movie was mostly how the monsters came to be on earth. Honestly its not hard to see its a prequel, i think a lot of people are just running with the its trash opinion. Try to go in blindly

Just a bunch of sci fi tropes with bad story telling , they didn’t push anything new.

chkmeout

marshawn lynch handshake
Daps
I get the mirror part with volkov. But that doesn't explain his face and eye acting up. I mean the worms teleported into him? From where? From what? And I get the time travel thing and etc but they dropped us in the middle of aliens, the thing and Donnie Darko and just said fukk it alternate universe to explain what we don't see.

you aint watch the movie dude, just stop.

KageDaBeast

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Durham, NC
John Goodman's character is most likely related to the author that was being interviewed (Mark Stambler) in this one :ehh:

latest

LightSkinYeshua

All Star
Daps
Bullshyt. The movie is ass from every angle

Bruh come on u buggin lml. This was a pretty good sci fi movie. I dont see whats hard not to get about multiple universe colliding causing a paradox. The universe was trying to make right which caused the chaos on the ship. Monsters got stuck in earth 1, reality was different on earth 2. Not hard.

Just a bunch of sci fi tropes with bad story telling , they didn’t push anything new.[/QUOTE

U probably dont fukk with sci fi movies so it wouldnt be right for u

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Bruh come on u buggin lml. This was a pretty good sci fi movie. I dont see whats hard not to get about multiple universe colliding causing a paradox. The universe was trying to make right which caused the chaos on the ship. Monsters got stuck in earth 1, reality was different on earth 2. Not hard.

Is that you JJ, you caping hard for bullshyt. There is nothing to get, the story isn’t fleshed out all.