The Cloverfield Paradox (Official Thread)

Theodoresolderbreh

No Shorts No Malarkey
Daps
Reppin
Theodore breh and associates
Bruh come on u buggin lml. This was a pretty good sci fi movie. I dont see whats hard not to get about multiple universe colliding causing a paradox. The universe was trying to make right which caused the chaos on the ship. Monsters got stuck in earth 1, reality was different on earth 2. Not hard.
except we never see that. we only see the monster in the end, random monster noises on the ship and other random events with no meaning. Yes they kept saying paradox this paradox that but they jump from event to event to event before we get any explanation to why any of this is happening besides they are in a parallel universe. Also I think it's the same monster I just think the shyt was rushed and tacked on and they forgot how big he was in the original.

Theodoresolderbreh

No Shorts No Malarkey
Daps
Reppin
move around waiting on a rebuttal when someone already quoted you with answers

and you aint watch shyt otherwise you wouldn't be asking where the worms came from

and I quoted back to him. How did the worms get in volkov? The parallel universe? That's the answer right? I mean clearly I missed it that. So enlighten me Or foh even responding to me.

Last edited:

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
and I quoted back to him. Where did the worms come from? The parallel universe? That's the answer right? I mean clearly I missed it that. So enlighten me Or foh even responding to me.
The worms were already on the ship. Mundy noticed they were missing. I guess they ended up in the Russian because reasons :pachaha:

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So I thought the paradox was what brought the monsters to earth, now in here someone said they came from the ocean?

So what was the point of the space mission?

Also the first didn't seem to be in an energy crisis/on the brink of ww3 but these folks are? This is set before the first though yeah?

Am I dumb? :patrice:

Theodoresolderbreh

No Shorts No Malarkey
Daps
Reppin
The worms were already on the ship. Mundy noticed they were missing. I guess they ended up in the Russian because reasons :pachaha:
exactly the reason was blah blah paradox so everything is chaos now and some things are parallel and some shyt ain't. That's basically the reason. The movie was moving too quick to even care about anything. And the main character story about her kids and how we should feel for her character was laughable af. And I never seen anybody as useless in a movie as her boyfriend was besides saving some rando kid.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
someone said it already but foreal foreal ALL these space movies really do be the same!
:deadmanny:
this was literally the worst movie i've ever watched that takes place on a space station. Not kidding. everything was derivitive. the only cool parts were weird eye and arm thing... they didn't even make much sense. and if it can be explained b/c "paradox! multiple dimensions and shyt" i don't care

KageDaBeast

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Durham, NC
So I thought the paradox was what brought the monsters to earth, now in here someone said they came from the ocean?

Also the first didn't seem to be in an energy crisis/on the brink of ww3 but these folks are? This is set before the first though yeah?

The energy thing they just added, Cloverfield didn't mention anything about it. Maybe it was in the ARG, but I doubt it. Yea the monster was woken up and swam to NY. I believe the Targuato company had something to do with it, they were drilling in the seas and basically woke it up.

2008-01-21-cfphotos02_lg.jpg

The space mission is because they (now) have an energy issue, so they went up to test the shepard to find a source of unlimited energy. And WW3 is happening on Earth 2.

So the ship had the Targuato and Yoshida Medical Research Facility symbols on it; Targuato is a deep sea drilling company while Yoshida is a research company that had been looking into using organisms in the deep sea to find cures for say cancer. Sucks they dont put these things in the movies

845f3xusyfe01.jpg

Last edited:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW

Not dumb, just the movie is inconsistent...

Movie came off as just a terrible movie they knew wouldn't sell and they just put cloverfield on it...

I'm pretty sure in the original jj or the director or someone said the monster came from the ocean...

I just really don't understand why they just didn't make the planned sequels to this movie...would have been A LOT better than what they have done...

I won't be watching ANYTHING with cloverfield in it going forward...unless they do the two planned sequels movies...which seems like they won't

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
This was an average sci fi movie. The tone tended to be all over the place, and while there were opportunities for this to turn into an interesting film at times, it kind of just turned into a mix of sci fi tropes. Cloverfield was never some genre defining, impactful movie so I don't get why people are acting like it's some outrage to tie in movies into it. They can make all the Cloverfield spinoffs they want imo, just make them better than this. 10 Cloverfield Lane was an enjoyable watch. I think the form of release of this movie explains the hyperbole as far as the reviews go. I'm getting album release vibes from all the "trash" and "worst ever" comments. This is an average movie, on par with shyt like Alien: Covenant. But there's a ton of hoopla about how it's being released so opinions have to be as big as the hype. I fully expect critics reviews to be particularly harsh, though. If this becomes the norm, critics become obsolete. For that alone I give this film props:wow:

What I get the most from this is it's not just the movie industry and critics who aren't ready for what Netflix is doing but apparently consumers aren't either. That people are really still holding reviews in such high regard for something that's available to you the same time its available to critics is very telling. Hearing people wish this was released in theaters also is very telling. The average person doesn't seem ready for the traditional film experience to change, regardless of if they've embraced cord cutting when it comes to watching TV.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I don't think you're in any position to say "reviewers are all garbage", if you're on a high after watching this. This shyt was horrendously bad.

:picard:

I was on a high because the Pats lost and I was giving people around here the :umad:

Then Netfllx dropped this and I went in without bias. Read my post. I said it was "okay"