The Cloverfield Paradox (Official Thread)

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
The movie was so pointless that i dunno why they even bothered making this or tying it to cloverfield. Seriously, it was a dumb ass multi dimension crap theory that tries to explain how the aliens came about all whike stuck in space. The ending was the only decent part because u actually get to see what that giant ass alien looks like up close.

4/10

Last edited:

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
:beli:, deep down I knew I would get fukked be having hopes and dreams about this.

This is on some Event Horizon (1997) type shyt.

I feel violated:wow:

Daps
I went in with no reviews. It's always in my best interest to do that. So the verdict is I thought it was okay. Now bytch ass reviewers can tear it to shreds but fukk 'em, they ain't gonna kill my high.

Thank you Netflix. Reviewers are all garbage. Cut out that bullshyt and let us judge ourselves :myman:
I don't think you're in any position to say "reviewers are all garbage", if you're on a high after watching this. This shyt was horrendously bad.

:picard:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
About to watch.. even though I'm hearing its weak this is still a groundbreaking move by Netflix. Releasing a new movie right after the SuperBowl with no promotion:lupe:

Honestly that was the best way to get us all watching off impulse

Reviews will probably kill this.

It’s a basic space movie. Noting original or interesting about it other than the Cloverfield connection

I’d rather see a continuation of cloverfield lane story wise

But at least Gugu and the actors were decent.

But they really could’ve made this into a short prequel for YouTube if they wanted to explain how the monsters were created/awoken :stopitslime:

Daps
Movie was straight but after they killed crouching tiger the film lost its imagination.
Had they killed the remaining Crew stylishly it would have gotten the extra points it needed to be above average.

Better then that Cloverfield Lane garbage still.

I imagine the film having a black director won't help reviews ....
:usure:

Say what you want about 10 Cloverfield Lane, but at the very least it had a layered character arc, tension depth and was genuinely intriguing. This shyt right here consumed a smorgasbord of all the worst science fiction tropes, and then vomited them into the trash for us to look at.

Apollo

Music & Arts
Daps
Reppin
Nootropics
International space station with people from all different nations speaking english except for the Chinese but not a problem since the rest of the crew can understand and speak chinese. :comeon:

Outside of the name Cloverfield and the ending this has fukk all to do with the original movie, It is like they forgot the original movie was normal people living ordinary lives having a party instead of it being the brink of WWIII.

Bad Robot strikes again with shytty story writing.:camby:

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
It was kind of a mess but I enjoyed it. They botched the ending, tho....that should've been the
"Oh shyt, the escape pod was the 'space debris' that fell in the ocean and kicked off Cloverfield, son!"
moment.

And how did the Clover monsters become the size of God Of War titans?? :heh:

Theodoresolderbreh

No Shorts No Malarkey
Daps
Reppin
Theodore breh and associates
bum ass nikkas aint got nothing better to do than complain

:camby:

movie was not terrible and put 2 n 2 together
breh they didn't explain shyt. Everybody just knew wtf was going on. Useless boyfriend on earth:"Where is my girl?" Some guy on the phone: "We don't know breh" the boyfriend "oh she must be in the paradox" I literally said out loud, what? Or how Everytime somebody broke away from the group to do anything they just died to the point it was a joke before the movie was over. Or when the ship attacked mundy twice with no explanation outside of we must be in a different universe......which didn't explain anything... Why did the ship eat his arm? Then him?

Being in a parallel universe doesn't explain the ship eating mundy, volkov face being fukked up in the mirror or him becoming possessed by worms then having ultimus prime lifeforce spark in his stomach or how the villian got trapped in the ship in their reality and nobody else showed up but her...The Movie was clearly something else before they shoehorned in the Cloverfield stuff and if you remove Cloverfield from it it would have been the wackest sci-fi movie ever and we wouldn't be having this Convo right now...And that ending.... LoL..... Movie sucked and no amount of put two and two together will explain the glaring plotholes.

Last edited:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Just finished watching it with my girl, it was a dope little flick. :ehh:

Baron Zemo coming through in the clutch. :blessed:

Waiting for them to reveal the original dimension for the monsters is Pacific Rim. :ohhh:

Or the Mist. :picard:

Or War of the Worlds. :wow:

Cloververse been all around us all along.:jbhmm:

Last edited:

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
breh they didn't explain shyt. Everybody just knew wtf was going on. Useless boyfriend on earth:"Where is my girl?" Some guy on the phone: "We don't know breh" the boyfriend "oh she must be in the paradox" I literally said out loud, what? Or how Everytime somebody broke away from the group to do anything they just died to the point it was a joke before the movie was over. Or when the ship attacked mundy twice with no explanation outside of we must be in a different universe......which didn't explain anything... Why did the ship eat his arm? Then him?

Being in a parallel universe doesn't explain the ship eating mundy, volkov face being fukked up in the mirror or him becoming possessed by worms then having ultimus prime lifeforce spark in his stomach or how the villian got trapped in the ship in their reality and nobody else showed up but her...The Movie was clearly something else before they shoehorned in the Cloverfield stuff and if you remove Cloverfield from it it would have been the wackest sci-fi movie ever and we wouldn't be having this Convo right now...And that ending.... LoL..... Movie sucked and no amount of put two and two together will explain the glaring plotholes.

Sometimes you watch a movie, but you ain't watching it