The Cloverfield Paradox (Official Thread)

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
The worst one easily. shyt was just all over the place
full
the fukking arm shyt?

:ohhh: are they supposed to be what dropped off of Coney island? And now we know it wasn't an isolated event. Still confused about the part 2 monster though
John Goodman's character alluded to them being aliens. By the looks of the creature in 2 and the ship(s), I think that's a safe bet.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Movie was straight but after they killed crouching tiger the film lost its imagination.
Had they killed the remaining Crew stylishly it would have gotten the extra points it needed to be above average.

Better then that Cloverfield Lane garbage still.

I imagine the film having a black director won't help reviews ....

Last edited:

ThePsydeFX

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Liked it enough. Entertaining, but I can tell why Paramount was lost with it and dumped it to Netflix. Tone was all over the place and subplots are either dropped or thrown in by telling rather than showing. First 30 minutes was basically all exposition. Movie ramped up fast right after that though.

The whole Earth plot looks like it was shot after they decided to put this into the cloverfield universe. The little girl plot was unnecessary since it never wrapped up really imo.

I was expecting the ending to happen, but not when it did and it got me along with my surround sound.

Thought we were at least going to get a few minutes of them finding out what was happening when they leave the pod. Then this motherfukker hops up out of nowhere :damn: and credits.

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
A mini-series tying up Cloverfield Lane would have been better imo :hubie:Release that onto Netflix to gain some traction and then release a movie at the end of the year.

I liked the ideal of introducing new "monsters", human and inhuman, in 10 Cloverfield Lane and thought that they'd continue experimenting with it in this movie

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I can't get over how shytty this was. Take every movie you've ever seen on a space station, strip literally everything good about it, then toss in a "twist" from another movie in literally the last second