The Christian right is coming for divorce next

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I think the plan is for fewer people to get married. Working class and middle class folks will hesitate knowing how hard it is to divorce.

The 1% or even Top 5% will get married because they have the $$$$ to deal with the consequences. The elites marry and pool resources to stay on top while the poors get married even less than they do now and WILL NOT pool resources. Basically making the gap between the top and bottom even larger. They want to discourage Blacks and browns while maintaining the status quo for the elites. Fewer people get married, make abortion harder so either poor women of color pop out babies they cannot take care of (school to prison pipeline). Poor whites will feed the school to police/military pipeline.

Old school European shyt. Rich own the land and hire poor whites to be the "knights" who protect their castles and shyt. Everyone else is a serf.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
it's a great idea
it shouldn't be so easy to break up a family
Jesus gave very few explicit guidelines- but marriage/family is one area He focused on a lot.

no-fault divorce, abortion and homosexuality should be restricted as they go against Jesus' commandment of man and woman becoming 1 unit for life
You've never went bareback

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Like abortion and reproductive rights in general (and yes, I’m being explicit about that because conservatives have openly talked about rolling back access to contraceptives), this is about control and power at the end of the day. Being able to leave a situation that no longer works is an ability that’s taken for granted by a lot of us

People need to wake the fukk up already to the fact that a lot of conservatives are in full on reactionary mode, trying to take us back to a pre-1960s world

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Yo these people are fukking insane they want to control every fabric of our lives:ohhh:
But they're the party of freedom :mjlol:

fukking lunatics.

They aren't conserving shyt, they're radicals trying to undo years of established law and custom because they're so insecure about how they live that they can't just live their lives peacefully. They must force other people to live how they do.

Americans are p*ssy these days though, mf wanna act like they're tough then throw their lives away because an old man told them to. Most southern states will bend over and take it. The northern states will fight back though. They don't play that shyt.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Agree. The media is presenting this like a horse race but I bet Biden will win by a slightly larger margin than before. They want to convince us this is a dog fight for ratings but Trump has a low ceiling and isn't going to add anyone that's not already on his nutsacc.

The people that reliably vote (old folks, college educated etc) can already see what time it is. Only people stanning Orange are hardcore conservatives and low information voters that think $500 during COVID is enough to vote for him.

Project 2025 alone should be enough to scare off any Negroes, Latinos, Asians and women. Notice how none of those "tangibles" both sides nikkas and the 50 Cent types have anything to say about GOP policy. They don't know shyt about the Republican platform and just wanna use Trump because he's dumb and more accessible. Imagine them trying to go tete a tete with Bill Clinton, Barack Obama or even HW Bush on policy. They'd look like uninformed schoolchildren talking to grownups. Trump appeals to their ego because they feel smart talking to him but would feel dumb dealing with an intellectual heavyweight....even Biden makes them nervous.

The numbers telling a different story breh

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
it's a great idea
it shouldn't be so easy to break up a family
Jesus gave very few explicit guidelines- but marriage/family is one area He focused on a lot.

no-fault divorce, abortion and homosexuality should be restricted as they go against Jesus' commandment of man and woman becoming 1 unit for life
bible thumping crackhead :camby:

concise

Veteran
Daps
Can someone explain to me WHAT'S THE PROBLEM? I have no problem making divorces harder because women file 70% of all divorces. If you don't want to get married THEN DON'T But if you make a commit to someone then why SHOULD you be able to just bounce like that in a NO FAULT situation?

You want to leave then leave but I should have to lose 50% of my shyt if I have not done wrong.

dont really see an issue with no cause divorces being made more difficult. What exactly is the issue here?

Decreased domestic violence rates
Decreased spousal murder rates
Decreased female suicide rates

mean nothing?