The Central African Republic, Burkina Faso & Mali are essentially now fully Russian colonial states

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Reading that France imposed 'forced labour' (slavery) on your country until the 1950s. Also reading that the French entrenched Fulani power over the native peoples of that land. The British also used the Fulani against the peoples of Northern Nigeria...

There was also a few bloody rebellions that the French put down, incl. the Kongo-Warra Rebellion that killed tens of thousands...

Yeah I know that, The Kongo-Wara war was led by Karinou, who was from the same group (Gbaya) as I technically am. My point is that Wagner is a whole different situation than France TODAY. I don't know about the Fulani ("Peuls") thing but I've never heard or read about them being a significant factor in most of all these crisises over the years.

Anyway, I already have to deal with Africans who are basically rejoicing at replacing one colonizer by another as if that was the best thing to ever happen to us because the French did this and that, so yeah, I've already read and heard it thousands of times. Thanks. We already have statues to our Russian saviors in Bangui:snoop:

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
Yeah I know that, The Kongo-Wara war was led by Karinou, who was from the same group (Gbaya) as I technically am. My point is that Wagner is a whole different situation than France TODAY. I don't know about the Fulani ("Peuls") thing but I've never heard or read about them being a significant factor in most of all these crisises over the years.

Anyway, I already have to deal with Africans who are basically rejoicing at replacing one colonizer by another as if that was the best thing to ever happen to us because the French did this and that, so yeah, I've already read and heard it thousands of times. Thanks. We already have statues to our Russian saviors in Bangui:snoop:
France has only itself to blame for the hate it created in the heart of a big chunk of the youth in french speaking countries.

Today, France is starting to dance with Kagame, so now Congolese who never hated them are starting to really hate them.

Last edited:

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
France has only itself to blame for the hate it created in the heart of a big chunk of the youth in french speaking countries.

Today, France is starting to dance with Kagame, so now Congolese who never hated are starting to really hate them.

Didn't France just release video of Rwandan soldiers in Congo? Seems like France still wants to undermine Kagame.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

I'm sure Fulanis make up a huge portion of Seleka fighters in CAR

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
Didn't France just release video of Rwandan soldiers in Congo? Seems like France still wants to undermine Kagame.
Nope. They are backtracking because the hate against them was growing too fast.

3 months ago, China proposed to remove Congo from the notification system when you have to tell the UN when you buy weapons, France vetoed it.

The same France refused to condemn Rwanda at the last Francophony summit in Tunisia.

From that moment, the hostility toward France reached an unprecedented level in Congo. The very official and moderate catholic church even say that Congo should consider leaving Francophony. And in some public manifestation, the French ambassador got booed by the crowd and almost attacked.

France then understood that its new found proximity with Kagame could have them in a very bad position in Congo. So they started giving some positive signals toward Congo to appease a brewing anti French sentiment.

mbewane

Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium

Today, France is starting to dance with Kagame, so now Congolese who never hated them are starting to really hate them.

We all know that. Doesn't make Wagner group better.

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
We all know that. Doesn't make Wagner group better.
Nope.

A lot of people seem to think that Wagner pop out of nowhere. France is one the responsible of Wagner being there. They should've not been playing 'apprenti sorcier'.

And of course Wagner ain't intrinsically better than France. They are the same:they are there to exploit african people. Putin ain't the savior. However, Russia/Wagner are less powerful than France, especially in Africa. So is going from France's influence to russian influence a positive move for CAR? We will see in 5 years.

mbewane

Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Nope.

A lot of people seem to think that Wagner popup out of nowhere.

France is one the responsible of Wagner being there.

And of course Wagner ain't intrinsically better than France. They are the same:they are they're to exploit african people. Putin ain't the savior. However, Russia/Wagner are less powerful than France, especially in Africa. So is going from France's influence to russian influence a positive move for CAR? We will see in 5 years.

Nah you're right. Vast majority of people (including in this thread and/or even who claim to be interested in Africa) don't know much about CAR. Which is why they're at worst happy or at best indifferent about Russian neocolonialism there. France is not responsible for Wagner being there, Russia is the one who sent Wagner there. And CAR let them in. First and foremost CAR politicians are responsible for all this bs that has been going on for 30 years. Anyone can come and set up shop there, get diplomatic immunity and basically do what he/she wants. It's convenient to blame them for everything, but it's not France who's been selling centralafrican diplomatic passports to random people from Lebanon, Cameroon or Iran for years. Just an example.

At least those who wanted France out got their wish, and now we have Russia. Looks like it was either them or Rwanda anyway, after years of France and Chad. I personally believe there is no "good" neocolonialism/foreign domination, but to each his own.

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
Nah you're right. Vast majority of people (including in this thread and/or even who claim to be interested in Africa) don't know much about CAR. Which is why they're at worst happy or at best indifferent about Russian neocolonialism there. France is not responsible for Wagner being there, Russia is the one who sent Wagner there. And CAR let them in. First and foremost CAR politicians are responsible for all this bs that has been going on for 30 years. Anyone can come and set up shop there, get diplomatic immunity and basically do what he/she wants. It's convenient to blame them for everything, but it's not France who's been selling centralafrican diplomatic passports to random people from Lebanon, Cameroon or Iran for years. Just an example.

At least those who wanted France out got their wish, and now we have Russia. Looks like it was either them or Rwanda anyway, after years of France and Chad. I personally believe there is no "good" neocolonialism/foreign domination, but to each his own.

France is responsible. The instability that brought Wagner in was created by France.

It's IMPOSSIBLE to explain things going on in CAR today without taking into account France. It's historically impossible. Wagner being there is the result of historical events involving France.
The same you can't explain Wagner in Mali without France.

It does not mean France is the only responsable: the CAR elite is also responsible.

You're right:there is no good neocolonialism. The ideal would be CAR staging on its own. However, for now, it's not possible. CAR is too weak. So what's the best solution right now? That's the issue. CAR is now under russian influence. As I said, in a few years, we will know if it would've been better to keep the French or if kicking them out was the 'best' solution.
Wait and see.

mbewane

Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
France is responsible. The instability that brought Wagner in was created by France.

It's IMPOSSIBLE to explain things going on in CAR today without taking into account France. It's historically impossible. Wagner being there is the result of historical events involving France.
The same you can't explain Wagner in Mali without France.

It does not mean France is the only responsable: the CAR elite is also responsible.

You're right:there is no good neocolonialism. The ideal would be CAR staging on its own. However, for now, it's not possible. CAR is too weak. So what's the best solution right now? That's the issue. CAR is now under russian influence. As I said, in a few years, we will know if it would've been better to keep the French or if kicking them out was the 'best' solution.
Wait and see.

Still baffled that brehs would be so open-minded and patient about neocolonialism when it comes from Russia. I doubt the reaction would be the same if it were the US, the UK, Germany, Israël, Turkey, etc. The benefits of being "new" at this colonial game I guess. Anyway :yeshrug:

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
Still baffled that brehs would be so open-minded and patient about neocolonialism when it comes from Russia. I doubt the reaction would be the same if it were the US, the UK, Germany, Israël, Turkey, etc. The benefits of being "new" at this colonial game I guess. Anyway :yeshrug:
It's not being open minded. It's admitting reality. CAR can't stand on itself. It will necessary be under a power for a moment, whether we like it or not. The only question is what is the worst influence.

You're trying to paint me as some naive russian apologist, but I'm not. I would've said the same thing if it was Germany, China or Turkey instead of Russia.

If Russia is kicked out, France will be back as the neocolonial ruler. And we know how it went for the last 60 years.

Pick your poison.