The Central African Republic, Burkina Faso & Mali are essentially now fully Russian colonial states

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I was smiling like a proud father when I watched the video of Ibrahim announcing the coup.

Africa might finally have actual revolutionary leadership for the first time in decades.

I hope he inspires more African youth to embrace revolutionary thought and we can see more young revolutionaries rise to power.

At the same time I’m skeptical because you still can’t fully trust any African politician until they show and prove.
You still smiling?

:sas2:

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Source: Senior news correspondent Al Qaeda:mjlol:

From February 28 to March 31, Human Rights Watch interviewed 23 people by telephone, including 14 witnesses to the killings, 3 local civil society activists, and 3 members of international organizations. Human Rights Watch verified videos and photographs shared by survivors of the aftermath of the killings and injured survivors.

On February 24 and 25, Islamist armed groups carried out several attacks across the country on military targets, including barracks and bases, and on civilian infrastructure, such as religious sites, killing scores of civilians, soldiers, and militia members. Burkinabè Defense Minister Mahamoudou Sana, in a February 26 statement to the media, denounced what he described as “simultaneous and coordinated” attacks by Islamist fighters, but made no mention of the mass killings of civilians in Nondin and Soro.

On March 1, Aly Benjamin Coulibaly, prosecutor of the high court in Ouahigouya said in a statement that he received reports of “massive deadly attacks” on the villages of Komsilga, Nodin and Soro in Yatenga province on February 25, with a provisional toll of “around 170 people executed,” and others injured, and that he ordered an investigation. On March 4, Coulibaly said that he had visited the sites of the incidents along with the judicial police on February 29, but indicated that he was not able to locate the dozens of bodies he had been told were there.

Villagers said that on February 25, military forces first stopped in Nondin, then in Soro, five kilometers away. They believe that the killings were perpetrated in retaliation for an attack by Islamist fighters against a Burkinabè military and militia camp outside the provincial capital, Ouahigouya, about 25 kilometers from Nondin, earlier that day. “Before the soldiers started shooting at us, they accused us of being complicit with the jihadists [Islamist fighters],” said a 32-year-old woman survivor from Soro who was shot in the leg. “They said we do not cooperate with them [the army] because we did not inform them about the jihadists’ movements.”

On February 25, the Radiodiffusion Télévision du Burkina (RTB), the government-run national television network, reported “a major attack” by Islamist fighters around 7 a.m. “against the mixed battalion” military base in Ouahigouya. It said that soldiers of the Rapid Intervention Battalion (Batallion d’Intervention Rapide, BIR), a special forces unit involved in counterinsurgency operations, “chased the fighters fleeing towards Thiou” and “neutralized the maximum of those who could not” flee. The report, which made no reference to civilian casualties, stated that soldiers requested that aerial drones do not follow the fighters they were chasing, and to “leave this group to them,” perhaps indicating that they did not want the drones to record what followed.

Witnesses said that between 8:30 and 9 a.m., about 30 minutes after a group of armed Islamist fighters passed near the village yelling “Allah Akbar!” (God is great), a military convoy with over 100 Burkinabè soldiers arrived on motorbikes, in pickup trucks, and in at least two armored cars in Nondin’s Basseré neighborhood located near the asphalted National Road 2. They said the soldiers went door-to-door, ordering people out of their homes and to show their identity cards. They then rounded up villagers in groups before opening fire on them. Soldiers also shot at people trying to flee or hide.

Villagers described a similar scenario in Soro, where soldiers arrived about an hour later and shot people who had been rounded up or who tried to hide or escape. “They separated men and women in groups,” said a 48-year-old farmer. “I was in the garden with other people when they [soldiers] called us. As we started moving forward, they opened fire on us indiscriminately. I ran behind a tree, and this saved my life.”

Human Rights Watch obtained two lists of the victims’ names compiled by survivors and others who helped bury the bodies. Witnesses said that survivors and people from nearby villages buried the bodies in Nondin in three mass graves and those in Soro in eight. Some bodies in both villages, they said, were buried individually since they were recovered days later in the bush.

On February 26, a group of family members of victims from Nondin and Soro went to the gendarmerie brigade in Ouahigouya to make a statement, leading the high court prosecutor to announce an investigation.

On March 21, following a brief visit to Burkina Faso, the United Nations high commissioner for human rights, Volker Türk, said in a statementthat he received “assurances” from the Burkinabè president “that steps are being taken to ensure” that the conduct of security forces “fully complies with international humanitarian and international human rights laws … against the backdrop of reports of serious violations by security forces … which need to be thoroughly investigated and acted upon.”

Human Rights Watch has previously documented serious abuses by the Burkinabè army during counterterrorism operations, including summary executions and enforced disappearances as well as indiscriminate drone strikes.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Absolutely, why would it have changed?

Because Western media decided to start running smear campaigns against a leader that is no longer bowing to the West?
Doesn't. Matter if he eventually bows to the east.
But this is western media maybe he's winning.

I.think the Arabs. Learned that occupying a capital city gets drone attention.

No one cares who rules whatever patch of desert

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
Doesn't. Matter if he eventually bows to the east.
But this is western media maybe he's winning.

I.think the Arabs. Learned that occupying a capital city gets drone attention.

No one cares who rules whatever patch of desert
Nobody is bowing to the East, the East is doing better business and diplomacy in Africa than the West.

The West has controlled African for 100 years through colonialism and neo-colonialism, the only reason colonialism was able to end in Africa was because the Cold War of the support of the East.

Now we have a second Cold War, a multipolar world is forming, and Africans finally have leverage with the West by testing their options with the East. Kwame Nkrumah, Patrice Lumumba and Thomas Sankara would be proud.

China has developed Africa more in 15 years than the West did in century, the racist twitter frogs get so upset when I say this, but it’s the truth. No Western multinational really wants Africa to experience wage growth because higher wages and GDP for Africans means the cost of course extracting and exporting resources from Africa also goes up.

But Chinese leadership is smart and proactive, they see the West trying to freeze them out of the global economy and stagnate their growth now. China understands Africa has more people than the West combined and is rapidly growing while the West is stagnating population wise, and if they can help create a stable middle class in Africa, they won’t need the Western markets, same reason they’re going development crazy in South America.

It’s not even like this is a secret, the CCP openly states in their public agenda and you can even read it online, “Our plan is to develop Africa and the entire global south middle class so we can sell middle income products to them, that is the next stage in our economic growth, manufacturing and exporting middle income goods”

The West’s only hope in Africa right now is India, Indian corporations have planted roots in Africa and have made solid progress in African markets, and India is basically the West’s vassal, American corporations are already trying to transition to doing business with India now that the US government is making it clear they don’t want US corporations doing too much business with China anymore. It wouldn’t surprise me to see a massive influx of Western capital into India over the next 10-20 years.

Long rant but I just get tired of hearing the same 20 year old CIA/AFRICOM propaganda about Chinese neo-colonialism in Africa. This isn’t a subject I kinda understand, it’s a subject I’m waist deep in real life. I have been posting for 10+ years on exactly what’s going on in Africa in regards to China, Russia, UAE/Saudis, Turkey, India, and the West. I talk to people that actually do business and deal with government in Africa. China has been a great ally to Africa over the past 50+ years, going way back to Chairman Mao.

Last edited: