The Bear - TV Series (Hulu/Starring Lip From Shameless/Trailer)

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just finished the 2nd season, was trying to space it out because I was enjoying it so much. :wow: Show hit on a number of levels for me, acting, writing, direction, immersion and tension. Along with a number of surprises :leon:, that weren't all spoiled for me by going on Twitter :martin:.

The show really hooks you in, not only in wanting all the characters/business to succeed, but conveying how stressful the job is and at the same time why they all would want to do it. Even without having never worked in the food industry, there are a number of themes that still shone through. Along with crafting actual episodes that are distinct from one another and giving different members of the ensemble time to shine.

I knew there were cameos, but didn't realize how many there would be. Olivia Coleman just casually showing up :skip:

Episode 6 and 10 were stressful as hell, but I still marvel at what they were able to accomplish.

Great use of Nat this season/Oliver Platt and good to see Richie find his purpose and come through big in the finale.

All the close up shots of the actors are great at showing emotion. Every time they do it on Carm, I can feel everything weighing on him.

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
I'm going to have to revise my top 5 DOA list after this season. Currently:

The Sopranos
The Wire
Breaking Bad
The Americans
Succession

The Bear S2 is GOAT top 5 DOA level. Incredible. Emmy sweep incoming. A-1 writing and acting. Ep 6 is one of the greatest episodes I have ever seen. Unbelievable. This is the type of show that should be on HBO prime time, not that idol garbage.

:ohlawd:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Damn what a season. I loved how characters had their own episodes. The backstories provided a lot of insight. Cinematography is beautiful. this gonna be a classic.