The Bear - TV Series (Hulu/Starring Lip From Shameless/Trailer)

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
was told to give this a watch…seems like it’s in the middle of a season so I’ll wait til the current season is over and marathon the series

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I dunno man. I can't really fukk with the way people talk on this show. Its kind of like the news room but in a different way.

Yeah, very Aaron Sorkin, a lot of fast quippy-ness interrupting someone else’s fast quippy dialogue, almost like they are finishing each others sentences if they aren’t just yelling over another character.

Sometimes its ok, sometimes its annoying like the conversation between Carmy and Claire, it comes off as unnatural

hitmonlee

All Star
Daps
was told to give this a watch…seems like it’s in the middle of a season so I’ll wait til the current season is over and marathon the series
Hulu released all of it at once.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, very Aaron Sorkin, a lot of fast quippy-ness interrupting someone else’s fast quippy dialogue, almost like they are finishing each others sentences if they aren’t just yelling over another character.

Sometimes its ok, sometimes its annoying like the conversation between Carmy and Claire, it comes off as unnatural

This is exactly what I wanted to say but couldn't articulate it at the time. It's a major turn off for me. The news room was trash because of that in combination with preachy bullshyt that this show doesn't really have. In this show that style of dialogue just breaks all immersion in what would otherwise be a pretty great show.

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
that didn’t really bother me, that just happened to be where they filmed the show at, if you weren’t from the city you’d have no idea really.

it was the stupid, not based in reality shyt like EVERYONE falling asleep cause of the punch, and that whole situation blowing over? like kids just got drugged? pulling the gun on some gamer kids outside the shop and firing a shot? why did they get a bullet thru their window again? cousin just got casually stabbed, no big deal. the fact that its a beef & hot dog joint and they never seem to be cooking those up? or have customers? or thats its a beef/dog place that doesnt do take out? they had like 5 customers the whole season, how that place still standing? the CORNY ass mob fight outside the place? CMON with how cheesy that shyt was. and what even came of it?

I dont know - has the quality of premiere TV fallen off this hard? I liked the show, and its well acted, but every episode would have these stupid, easy to fix holes that just irritated me. They never even showed how they got thru the fukk up of the online orders coming through in droves? Also why is a beef joint getting like 500 orders off online orders at like 10am. All the restaurant scenes were them just stressed out doing prep before the place opened. Its just odd. They could have tightened so much of this up.

Im generally surprised that everyone LOVES this show. Its cool, but am I going crazy here laughing at the not based in reality shyt going on, from a show that is supposed to be strictly tied to reality and not suspend disbelief?

Gtfoh then

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gtfoh then
that post is a year old, but yes, this show continues to be overrated. imagine getting that upset over an opinion tho. but then again, you have the reputation of being the most worthless poster on this site for nearly two decades running, a great reminder to block you

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
that didn’t really bother me, that just happened to be where they filmed the show at, if you weren’t from the city you’d have no idea really.

it was the stupid, not based in reality shyt like EVERYONE falling asleep cause of the punch, and that whole situation blowing over? like kids just got drugged? pulling the gun on some gamer kids outside the shop and firing a shot? why did they get a bullet thru their window again? cousin just got casually stabbed, no big deal. the fact that its a beef & hot dog joint and they never seem to be cooking those up? or have customers? or thats its a beef/dog place that doesnt do take out? they had like 5 customers the whole season, how that place still standing? the CORNY ass mob fight outside the place? CMON with how cheesy that shyt was. and what even came of it?

I dont know - has the quality of premiere TV fallen off this hard? I liked the show, and its well acted, but every episode would have these stupid, easy to fix holes that just irritated me. They never even showed how they got thru the fukk up of the online orders coming through in droves? Also why is a beef joint getting like 500 orders off online orders at like 10am. All the restaurant scenes were them just stressed out doing prep before the place opened. Its just odd. They could have tightened so much of this up.

Im generally surprised that everyone LOVES this show. Its cool, but am I going crazy here laughing at the not based in reality shyt going on, from a show that is supposed to be strictly tied to reality and not suspend disbelief?

They had just gotten a rave review in Eater, one of the more popular restaurant review online joints. Perfectly understandable how that and the introduction of the online ordering system would create so much chaos.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They had just gotten a rave review in Eater, one of the more popular restaurant review online joints. Perfectly understandable how that and the introduction of the online ordering system would create so much chaos.
its was a beef/hot dog spot lol

anyways, I dont know why people are tagging me on year old posts --- I dont dislike the show, I just dont think its as great as its made out to be :yeshrug:

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
that post is a year old, but yes, this show continues to be overrated. imagine getting that upset over an opinion tho. but then again, you have the reputation of being the most worthless poster on this site for nearly two decades running, a great reminder to block you

Bye bye Debbie downer! Bring your negativity somewhere else