The Bear - TV Series (Hulu/Starring Lip From Shameless/Trailer)

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
I'm on episode 4, this show was written horribly. I'll bet everything, the show does not
have the same writers from season 1. What's saving it is the director is really good but the dialogue is over done.

It's just not what season 1was Whoever wrote this shyt really fukked it up

s@n

All Star
Daps
I'm on episode 4, this show was written horribly. I'll bet everything, the show does not
have the same writers from season 1. What's saving it is the director is really good but the dialogue is over done.

The writing does tighten up a little by the end, but I understand your complaints; it comes across as theater at points.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
The writing does tighten up a little by the end, but I understand your complaints; it comes across as theater at points.
Ok I'll stick it out but yeah the director was amazing. All the actors killed it too

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
This show is masterfully written. To do what they do in a 30 min episode is genius. it comes off natural, multiple story arcs, emmy-worthy acting :wow: they've gotta clean up at the emmys

The coli dichotomy :bryan:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
To be fair,
Shippers aside,
Claire's character is written purposely off putting to fans of the show. She takes away from what makes The Bear, The Bear: Chaotic restaurant politics which is what the audience tunes in for.

You get the Faks, cousin Richie, and whoever has known Claire since they were young bigging her up as the best girl but we, the audience, don't know her. We don't see what makes her the best girl, we only know that Carm had a crush on her and now she's distracting him from a project HE initiated that could cost people their jobs if he fails at it.

Yeah, she may be delightful but that's irrelevant to the show since she does nothing for it, worse yet, if she takes from it: causing distractions and triggering Carmy.
None of it is her fault, but she doesn't fit.
You saw nothing from her that makes her the best girl (why does that sound like some anime shyt, lol)? She gives a fukk about this nikka who, two seasons in hasnt really shown us much if any reasons any worthwhile woman should give a fukk about him, in a romantic sense.

I'd also be hard pressed to see anyone give me a convincing argument that her life, professionally at least, may not be just as, if not more, chaotic than Carms. I watch this show for more than the in-restaurant or restaurant adjacent shyt. I love it for that and for how I can relate to it, but this show shined last season and especially this season for shyt that had nary to do with the restaurant, specifically the X-mas episode.

I hope they stick with Claire next season, since I'm assuming the next arc is them succeeding enough in the beggining to keep the restaurant viable and make Cicero's investment worthwhile. I like the complete lack of forward timeskips so far.

I got this season slightly edging last. Slightly.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
To be fair,
Shippers aside,
Claire's character is written purposely off putting to fans of the show. She takes away from what makes The Bear, The Bear: Chaotic restaurant politics which is what the audience tunes in for.

You get the Faks, cousin Richie, and whoever has known Claire since they were young bigging her up as the best girl but we, the audience, don't know her. We don't see what makes her the best girl, we only know that Carm had a crush on her and now she's distracting him from a project HE initiated that could cost people their jobs if he fails at it.

Yeah, she may be delightful but that's irrelevant to the show since she does nothing for it, worse yet, if she takes from it: causing distractions and triggering Carmy.
None of it is her fault, but she doesn't fit.
I think viewers just aren't getting that she's supposed to feel like an outsider and completely alien to what Carm is used to

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
You saw nothing from her that makes her the best girl (why does that sound like some anime shyt, lol)? She gives a fukk about this nikka who, two seasons in hasnt really shown us much if any reasons any worthwhile woman should give a fukk about him, in a romantic sense.

I'd also be hard pressed to see anyone give me a convincing argument that her life, professionally at least, may not be just as, if not more, chaotic than Carms. I watch this show for more than the in-restaurant or restaurant adjacent shyt. I love it for that and for how I can relate to it, but this show shined last season and especially this season for shyt that had nary to do with the restaurant, specifically the X-mas episode.

I hope they stick with Claire next season, since I'm assuming the next arc is them succeeding enough in the beggining to keep the restaurant viable and make Cicero's investment worthwhile. I like the complete lack of forward timeskips so far.

:hubie: I haven't gotten the same vibe the rest of the cast gives from her. If the show would have given us scenes of her dealing with work and how she has to deal with Carmen from her perspective then I can see her being a better written character but she isn't and they don't. Maybe they will next season but during this season her plot is simply to be Carm's distraction.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718

I saw someone on Reddit say her job is easy so how could she even understand Carm like they didn't literally have a conversation where they were both talking about their jobs being 100 hours on/2 hours off :mjlol:

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
I think viewers just aren't getting that she's supposed to feel like an outsider and completely alien to what Carm is used to

to play devil's advocate I'm going to assume the audience does understand the point of her character is written to be outside of what's going on with the restaurant. In turn that's why a lot of fans weren't feeling her, because she does nothing for the plot other than take away from it. Also, not her fault. She's probably the most level headed character amongst the insanity and dysfunction.

But also, not every viewer's opinion is worth listening to so take this with a grain of salt.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
I think Claire’s purpose is to reinforce the importance of having balance and taking care of your responsibilities so you don’t leave things to chance like with the fridge situation. That was the whole point of the Bartman conversation if dude just field the regular ground ball and made the play the bartman situation would have never came about. If Carmy would have just taking care of business than dealt with Claire things could of worked out instead he blamed her like cubs fans blamed Bartman despite him being at fault and he allowed that self loathing to hurt a legitimate fan of his like cubs fans lashed out a fellow diehard cubs fan. That was the point of the voicemail. Carmy doesn’t have balance yet and he needs to confront his past head chef but what I enjoyed about this season is how everyone grows and finds purpose while Carmy is still trying to truly understand his and how to make it work best. I hope their is a season 3 this show deserves it especially if they end it on a high note such as getting a star