The Bear - TV Series (Hulu/Starring Lip From Shameless/Trailer)

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
great season

Marcus::patrice:"can i fire someone for smoking crack?"

Syd: :what:"uhhhhh...you certainly fukkin can?"

:mjlol:

I didn't realize how much of a trainwreck Mikey was until his bro showed him the pic of the resto drawing.

JML spazzing on her family on christmas hit wayyyy too close to home for me as well. That was classic dysfunctional family shyt. :mjlol:

I like Syd's character too. Season 3 seems she might be taking more leadership or that sorta power struggle her homegirl at the other restaurant warned her about could happen. Its clear that Carm is a fukkup. Calling the fridge guy really shoulda been a no-brainer

I don’t see a power struggle between Carmy and Sydney I think the last episode shows how much they need each other especially the under the table scene and that outburst and she says bring it down than apologizes to her shows that have a deeper understanding of each other needs they both lift each other up at different points and he has no problem ceding control to her. Sydney puts everything in this because she views this as her last chance even though she vomits at the end the words of her father reaffirms her compared to Carmy who did not and feels like shyt at the end. Everyone takes a step up and fully commits themselves while Carmy is distracted by his past and prevents him from fully embracing his purpose.

Last edited:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I saw someone on Reddit say her job is easy so how could she even understand Carm like they didn't literally have a conversation where they were both talking about their jobs being 100 hours on/2 hours off :mjlol:
I don't have to be in the medical field to realize she's probably dealt with trauma that would make the entire staff of The Bear's heads spin. She's finishing up her residency. Death and gruesome injuries are par for the course.

nikkas talking about her being a distraction: we see her hit dude up a handful of times. Not her fault he can't be bothered to fix a door. Not to mention he couldn't be bothered to contact his sister last season and dreaded the idea of his mom coming to his restaurant opening (understandably so).

Ol girl isnt there to be Carm's foil: she's there to get him to finally realize some hard truths he's failed to address until he got his ass locked up, chilling with some produce.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
They're so good at portraying the chaos, anxiety and time crunch pressure you're under when working in a kitchen. This show damn near gives me PTSD flashbacks every time I watch it. Great writing, great acting, beautifully filmed, and some deep narratives weaved into it which elevates the pretty simple plot into something top tier. They way they've romanticized restaurant work in a way that feels both very spectacular, but also very authentic and true to life is incredible. It's all the small moments that make the show into something special. Marcus perfecting his desserts during his stage, Richie peeling mushrooms with Chef Terry, Tina's reaction to being told she could keep Carmy's knife, the beat taken to focus on Sydney making the omlette. :banderas:

There was some awkward choices made in some of the writing that I think takes away from the season a bit, but nothing too bad. Natalie blurting out that she was pregnant way after the wall fell over was goofy. Claire was such a hollow character who was obviously just used as a plot device. If they just dump her character next season it's going to be be pretty lame. If she doesn't get some fleshing out it's going to come off as cheap. Some of the writing between her and Carmy was a little too syruppy as well, and they lacked chemistry.

Overall though, it was a huge improvement over the first season. Next to Succession as my top shows of the year so far.

I think Claire’s purpose is to reinforce the importance of having balance and taking care of your responsibilities so you don’t leave things to chance like with the fridge situation. That was the whole point of the Bartman conversation if dude just field the regular ground ball and made the play the bartman situation would have never came about. If Carmy would have just taking care of business than dealt with Claire things could of worked out instead he blamed her like cubs fans blamed Bartman despite him being at fault and he allowed that self loathing to hurt a legitimate fan of his like cubs fans lashed out a fellow diehard cubs fan. That was the point of the voicemail. Carmy doesn’t have balance yet and he needs to confront his past head chef but what I enjoyed about this season is how everyone grows and finds purpose while Carmy is still trying to truly understand his and how to make it work best. I hope their is a season 3 this show deserves it especially if they end it on a high note such as getting a star
You hit the nail on the head with the Bartman connection. Also with purpose being the overarching theme of the season.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Claire is delightful🥰

Edit: And naturally on Twitter I see all those overly attached weirdo shippers claiming she's a bad character because they want Sydney and Carmen together instead of just being down ass friends .:snoop: Ah well, that's why I avoid talking any fiction with those tumblr ass hoes
Clair is gorgeous.

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
I knew it was too good to be true with Carm & Claire but damn him fumbling her & listening to that voicemail in the freezer was brutal :mjcry:& I think it hits on another level because Mikey was tryna get them to link before he passed & his cousins liked her just damn
was dope seeing the rest of the staff find their purpose this szn..can's stress enough how dope this show is need that szn 3 asap :wow:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I think Claire’s purpose is to reinforce the importance of having balance and taking care of your responsibilities so you don’t leave things to chance like with the fridge situation. That was the whole point of the Bartman conversation if dude just field the regular ground ball and made the play the bartman situation would have never came about. If Carmy would have just taking care of business than dealt with Claire things could of worked out instead he blamed her like cubs fans blamed Bartman despite him being at fault and he allowed that self loathing to hurt a legitimate fan of his like cubs fans lashed out a fellow diehard cubs fan. That was the point of the voicemail. Carmy doesn’t have balance yet and he needs to confront his past head chef but what I enjoyed about this season is how everyone grows and finds purpose while Carmy is still trying to truly understand his and how to make it work best. I hope their is a season 3 this show deserves it especially if they end it on a high note such as getting a star
what’s sad is it was him and all his connections that got everyone to find their purpose.