The Bear - TV Series (Hulu/Starring Lip From Shameless/Trailer)

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Episode 7 was great
After finishing the show up, I can confidently say this was my favorite episode and Richie’s character development was the best thing about the entire season.

Garrett was cool as hell too. Whole crew was. Made me want to tag along and help serve dishes. The joint with the disappearing cotton candy was :banderas:

Last edited:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Claire is delightful🥰

Edit: And naturally on Twitter I see all those overly attached weirdo shippers claiming she's a bad character because they want Sydney and Carmen together instead of just being down ass friends .:snoop: Ah well, that's why I avoid talking any fiction with those tumblr ass hoes

Last edited:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
great season

Marcus::patrice:"can i fire someone for smoking crack?"

Syd: :what:"uhhhhh...you certainly fukkin can?"

:mjlol:

I didn't realize how much of a trainwreck Mikey was until his bro showed him the pic of the resto drawing.

JML spazzing on her family on christmas hit wayyyy too close to home for me as well. That was classic dysfunctional family shyt. :mjlol:

I like Syd's character too. Season 3 seems she might be taking more leadership or that sorta power struggle her homegirl at the other restaurant warned her about could happen. Its clear that Carm is a fukkup. Calling the fridge guy really shoulda been a no-brainer

Last edited:

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
Claire is delightful🥰

Edit: And naturally on Twitter I see all those overly attached weirdo shippers claiming she's a bad character because they want Sydney and Carmen together instead of just being down ass friends .:snoop: Ah well, that's why I avoid talking any fiction with those tumblr ass hoes

To be fair,
Shippers aside,
Claire's character is written purposely off putting to fans of the show. She takes away from what makes The Bear, The Bear: Chaotic restaurant politics which is what the audience tunes in for.

You get the Faks, cousin Richie, and whoever has known Claire since they were young bigging her up as the best girl but we, the audience, don't know her. We don't see what makes her the best girl, we only know that Carm had a crush on her and now she's distracting him from a project HE initiated that could cost people their jobs if he fails at it.

Yeah, she may be delightful but that's irrelevant to the show since she does nothing for it, worse yet, if she takes from it: causing distractions and triggering Carmy.
None of it is her fault, but she doesn't fit.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
great season

Marcus::patrice:"can i fire someone for smoking crack?"

Syd: :what:"uhhhhh...you certainly fukkin can?"

:mjlol:

I didn't realize how much of a trainwreck Mikey was until his bro showed him the pic of the resto drawing.

JML spazzing on her family on christmas hit wayyyy too close to home for me as well. That was classic dysfunctional family shyt. :mjlol:

I like Syd's character too. Season 3 seems she might be taking more leadership or that sorta power struggle her homegirl at the other restaurant warned her about could happen. Its clear that Carm is a fukkup. Calling the fridge guy really shoulda been a no-brainer
Yeah…Carmy needs a therapist right now, not a girlfriend. The talk circles he participates in aren’t doing much at this point. All of those kitchen outbursts stem from his family’s fukked environment as we saw in the sixth episode.

Having said that, I think it’d be weird if the show cuts out Claire entirely next season. Feel like it’d be a cheap way out given everything that’s happened so far and wouldn’t make much sense from a character standpoint. This is also the same woman who went above and beyond to retrieve Carmy’s real number after being given a fake. :mjlol:

I just can’t buy her going ghost mode after this, nor Carm ever not going back after her at some point.

soundtrack on another level this season :wow:

Been stuck in my head ever since hearing it.

If Syd had her own show on the Food Network where she just strolls around the Chicago scene trying out all kinds of cuisines, I’d watch that shyt in a heartbeat. :whew:

I’m digging that there’s more shots of the city in this season.