The AMC Stock Discussion Thread

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Why aren’t bigger investment groups, hedge funds, well known players jumping into AMC with the MOASS being inevitable?

they in it. They loaning shares to KG and making money off interest.

This is the Royal Rumble of the stock market.

MyApps

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Would it be a bad idea to sell a few shares (1-3) once it hits 10k and another few shares at 20k? How long would that delay the peak of the squeeze?

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone know when this gonna skyrocket? I feel every week it’s suppose to be that week

I’m all fairness, I stopped checking this thread and the stock for a while

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pure speculation, but could these institutional investors be plays to fleece the shorts via interest on shares they lend them instead of via a squeeze? One thing I haven’t been able to get my head around completely is the pension fund investment. Those types of investment funds usually have a restrictive, less risk tolerant approach in investing that wouldn’t fit well with holding for a squeeze.

Lending the shares to fleece Citidel and the other shorts on interest would derisk an AMC buy a bit because your lending itself would prevent a big boom and bust squeeze. But the cash flow from the shorts basically becomes a tax to keep existing. :jbhmm:

Daps
Pure speculation, but could these institutional investors be plays to fleece the shorts via interest on shares they lend them instead of via a squeeze? One thing I haven’t been able to get my head around completely is the pension fund investment. Those types of investment funds usually have a restrictive, less risk tolerant approach in investing that wouldn’t fit well with holding for a squeeze.

Lending the shares to fleece Citidel and the other shorts on interest would derisk an AMC buy a bit because your lending itself would prevent a big boom and bust squeeze. But the cash flow from the shorts basically becomes a tax to keep existing. :jbhmm:
This is an angle I never considered tbh, maybe someone more in tune with the market than myself would be able to provide more insight

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

I had the exact same thought last night. What's to stop these retirement funds or pensions from acquiring millions of shares and then turning around and selling to the hedgefunds at say double the price to allow them to cover all of their options. It keeps the hedge funds from having to pay a squeezed price while also guaranteeing the pensions an easy as guaranteed profit.

It would still leave the issue of all the synthetic shares out there.

Daps
I had the exact same thought last night. What's to stop these retirement funds or pensions from acquiring millions of shares and then turning around and selling to the hedgefunds at say double the price to allow them to cover all of their options. It keeps the hedge funds from having to pay a squeezed price while also guaranteeing the pensions an easy as guaranteed profit.

Doesn't retail own 80+% of the shares though? They literally couldn't cover all of it from institutions

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

If I were managing one of them I would because like you said the intent of those funds is to be safe. I’d rather secure that 2x profit for sure as opposed to the 10x.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Anyone know when this gonna skyrocket? I feel every week it’s suppose to be that week

I’m all fairness, I stopped checking this thread and the stock for a while

honestly that may be the best thing to do. I’ve been in since December or so and I’ll be honest i just got hip to all of this short squeeze talk. I was just hoping for a reopening run up I would of already gotten out normally.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Would it be a bad idea to sell a few shares (1-3) once it hits 10k and another few shares at 20k? How long would that delay the peak of the squeeze?

hell no you got bills to pay and things. The reason I have so many shares is because I plan on selling a share here and there. I have a loan I’m trying to pay down to 3%. And would like to have a bills nest egg. And continue to invest my other funds like I’ve been doing.