The AMC Stock Discussion Thread

Silky Johnson

The Master Investbreh
Daps
Reppin
Hatersbridge, BX
Short interest by itself is unreliable.

again. Lots of stocks deserve to be shorted. There was a time when AMC deserved to be shorted.

Reddit noticed both AMC and GME were shorted to death so people started buying them, which locked shorts into losing positions. In response they piled on to those positions to push the price down and shake people out, but people still kept buying. As of now we are still playing that same game.

The hope is that something will tip this over the edge and force the shorts to stop playing the game.

That’s the play. That’s what it’s always been. That’s what it is today. I get it people just want to see the price go straight up but shyt don’t work like that :manny:
OK so let me know ask you...I know we can see how many put options are out there for a stock at any given strike price but how do you find the price where a hf sold the shares they borrowed?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
OK so let me know ask you...I know we can see how many put options are out there for a stock at any given strike price but how do you find the price where a hf sold the shares they borrowed?
You can’t :francis:

All we got is the ortex data.

On the daily you can see how many shares were borrowed and returned through ortex, but it takes them two days to see if short positions were actually closed.

There is a metric that gives the average age of all short positions, so you can follow that and kinda guess where most of the shorts might be, but they also fudge those numbers by covering and re-shorting almost immediately, which makes the short positions look newer than they actually are but doesn’t really improve their bottom line.

So yeah, it’s a lot to decipher, but that’s kinda half the reason the AMC/GME movement even exists. People trying to bring awareness to and stop the rampant fukkery:francis:

Spence

Superstar
Daps
I’ll throw in some sheckles if it hits $15….for the cause. Figured out how to get this house downpayment without liquifying my stocks (which now I would lose my ass so I ain’t going no fkn where till the clock hits zero).

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Any news yet? Awfully quiet here.

:francis:

yea. It looks like this will pop sometime in 2025 when they figure out if the new president is going to be a Dem or Republican.

It’s a good thing I put in as much that I can afford to lose and I don’t have to worry about a business that’s hardly staying afloat during a pandemic.

:whew:

Price notification gang we outchea

:jawalrus:

Daps
yea. It looks like this will pop sometime in 2025 when they figure out if the new president is going to be a Dem or Republican.

It’s a good thing I put in as much that I can afford to lose and I don’t have to worry about a business that’s hardly staying afloat during a pandemic.

:mjcry:

You ain’t right.

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hope this isn’t just a dead cat bounce. Long ways to go but glad we’re at least showing signs of life today