The AMC Stock Discussion Thread

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Hard to envision such a thing. I don't think it's possible to motivate enough of retail to sell where it would have an effect. And hedgies are in a catch 22 that they need to cover when the price gets cheap.

I don't understand what your saying.

It's a hypothetically question. What happens if retail gives up and sells all their AMC shares?

pawdalaw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Fayetteville

It's a hypothetically question. What happens if retail gives up and sells all their AMC shares?
I believe it would hold its price value. Hedgies would certainly use it as an opportunity to cover all of their failure to delivers. Regardless of what retail does hedgies are still on the hook to the banks for borrowing to short AMC. No loan lasts forever. Banks involved with AMC are reporting liquidity issues.
As a company AMC can use shares without owners to pay debt. So a mass ell off would create a tug of war between hedgies and AMC.

Always re member this.
These have to be returned. The # is higher than when this was tweeted.

Also this:
These companies are bankrupt and delisted. Why is the price still moving with the market?

As long as AMC is not bankrupt the shares are an asset to hedgies and the company itself. The amount of ftds gives Adam Aron more leverage than we have yet to see exercised. No lose situation IMO.

* shares of BB and sears are still assets. Hedgies are using them to maintain liquidity. Adam is not going to let shares sit around without owners while in debt. Hedgies would be dumb to not try to sbatch them up to deliver to banks... catch 22.

Last edited:
Daps

At this point, no one will sell because the price is pretty stable between $30 and $50. Anyone that is tired of AMC probably sold already honestly...mainly the day trader brehs.

Market overall was rough today. With the COVID shyt, there's no great play. AMC/GME...just put some $$$ that you don't need on it and let it sit.

Daps
Outside of a squeeze I belive AMC is evolving enough to remain a longterm play. They're figuring out ways to become cutting edge, are poised to be the only remaining theater chain in the world. And with positive cash flow on the table for the 4th qtr the actual share price/value is TBD with optimism.
Most of us in this thread - and, I’m guessing, all of those who’ve invested in AMC - don’t give a fukk about a long term play.

We’ve been holding through this grueling ordeal for one reason - the squeeze.

:francis:

pawdalaw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Fayetteville
Most of us in this thread - and, I’m guessing, all of those who’ve invested in AMC - don’t give a fukk about a long term play.

I agree. Outside of a few brehs this thread isn't representative of your typical investor

Last edited:

Reign X

Pro
Daps

improving fundamentals pushes price up and can help lead to squeeze.

I don’t know why they didn’t charge $2-5 or something for Spider-Man nft. Maybe it’s just a trial run. Nft, popcorn in stores, are good moves to potentially get back to profitability and remove some fud.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
improving fundamentals pushes price up and can help lead to squeeze.

I don’t know why they didn’t charge $2-5 or something for Spider-Man nft. Maybe it’s just a trial run. Nft, popcorn in stores, are good moves to potentially get back to profitability and remove some fud.
My guess is they didn’t charge for the NFT as this is a trial run to prove the financial benefit of releasing a free NFT. So then if they are trying to trigger a MOASS they can use this trial run as the proof of concept. They can then show that the NFT is being sold on the open market after. So then when they offer the NFT to stock holders they can say it is to encourage people to own the AMC stock and proves how it qualifies as a dividend by having proof of it having market value. They’re offering it free also so they can justify offering it to ALL stock holders in a mass release thus kicking off MOASS. I believe that if they charged then it require stock holders to sign themselves up.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

This is the only thing that matters. If we wanted long term we wouldn’t be in this movie/entertainment/property stock. The squeeze is the only reason at this point. No squeeze no need.