The age of ‘the car is king’ is over. The sooner we accept that, the better

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
The same way they do in The Netherlands and Denmark and Switzerland and lots of places with great public transit and bike lanes.

I mean, do you REALLY want to know?

Because we can show you videos and articles.

Or are you just going to dismiss it because you can’t fathom your life without using your car for literally everything?
trust me, I'd LOVE not to drive. I have massive road rage. I'd rather NOT drive. but it's a necessary.

I've seen some of those vids...and we as a country would need a massive restructuring to make that possible...that ain't happening.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Honestly, unless you have severe anxiety I don't know how anyone could have ever experienced a top tier public transit system that works and not hate the car culture we have in the U.S. Just the fact that excorcise becomes passively built in your daily routine is crazy in itself.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I heard of plenty of people getting murdered and assaulted on public transport it's an easy terrorist target because there are no metal detectors when I can avoid it I do :yeshrug: . If I can avoid drama and keep to myself that's good.

In before you mention car bombs I'm not a high profile figure to be assassinated like that.

look at the data in your area, do more people die in vehicles than they do on using public transportation?

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Honestly, unless you have severe anxiety I don't know how anyone could have ever experienced a top tier public transit system that works and not hate the car culture we have in the U.S. Just the fact that excorcise becomes passively built in your daily routine is crazy in itself.
these folks are traumatized by the experience they've had with public transportation they're unable to envision a better solution even when there are plenty of real-world examples.:francis:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Noticing a lot of nonstop messaging on this from liberals and leftists. Non stop complaining about cars, to the point it almost seems coordinated. No one else gives a shyt. I say this as a liberal, btw.

Do I want great public transportation? Yes. Surely this is something liberal cities should be able to do, given the control they have over this stuff (funding). So where is this master plan being rolled out efficiently...

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Bro no sane person thinks it’s a good idea to get rid of all cars.

But
1) public transit is superior in efficiency to cars.
2) it’s better for the environment.
3) it allows for better development of cities
4) better development of cities makes them more financially sustainable
5) it’s been documented to be better for your health

I mean how many reasons do you need?

The only people pushing against bike lanes and public transit sound like gun nuts. “Yeah I don’t care about any facts. I like my car”

Yeah it’s a reason. But it’s stupid. And it’s all you’ve got.

There are many. And I listed like 5 in the previous page
None of this beats the convenience and comfort and versatility of your own car and that’s just the start

Be for real

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
these folks are traumatized by the experience they've had with public transportation they're unable to envision a better solution even when there are plenty of real-world examples.:francis:
What real world examples are there? I’m not taking about European cities that have been around since the beginning of time and built when you couldn’t do shyt but walk to get around

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Give me all the benefits of using public transit instead of your own personal vehicle

• not having to look for parking
  • being able to sleep on your way to your destination
  • being able to read on your way to your destination
  • cheaper mode of transportation overall
  • if you're socialable it's a great way to meet people in passing.

Last edited:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
None of this beats the convenience and comfort and versatility of your own car and that’s just the start

Be for real
I can see you’re going to remain ignorant.

One of the reasons was it makes cities more financially stable and your response is: who cares? I find this more comfortable

I mean there’s no hope in trying to explain any further.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What real world examples are there? I’m not taking about European cities that have been around since the beginning of time and built when you couldn’t do shyt but walk to get around
Lmao

AMERICA was built like these European cities not even 100 years ago.

Of course this myth of “it works in old Europe” was gonna come up here eventually.

:russ: