The age of ‘the car is king’ is over. The sooner we accept that, the better

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Beef up public transportation. If I lived close enough to my work. Then I would've heavily considered buying one of those e bikes and ditched the car

It sucks how this stupid ass city (Toronto bytch ass) will close down the most populated roads for a stupid event but not bother to up the train service. Instead the train service is depleted or doesn't even run at all

Daps
you act like there aren't crazy randos road raging, doing pit maneuvers, throwing drinks onto other cars. following people or shooting at other vehicles. :gucci:
We don't have that in the UK

As for the rest you can usually drive away you're usually stuck with someone on a bus or carriage until your stop and shyt can go south.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Why are you guys acting like the solution is NO CARS?

Cars should absolutely exist.
But infrastructure and cities should not be slaves to them.

We need FEWER cars.
Not zero cars.
Why are you acting like these people want "fewer" cars when every lobbyist group and outlet have firmly stated that they want NO CARS

If you Blood and you wearing a red flag until Crips show up, are you Blood or nah??

You can't pick and choose breh...that's not how it works anymore, especially with how those lobby groups like "Trans Alt" and "Rideshare Alliance" work

If you give extremists a voice....on either side...you have to be prepared to make it clear where you stand

You actually stand with the "NO CARS" people but you don't see it yet. You will.

It's up to you to decide when you want to remove yourself from their lot :blessed:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
show us the black communities that Citibike is overwhelming it's residents with. :feedme:

Fe4R6K4WQAI24H9

Why was the retard not in the protected bike lane? The two way protected bike lane that the gentrifiers asked for?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

D21soAlU0AI_sV4

Bigger. And bigger and bigger.

fukk the train. One day the white man gonna have you on that train to nowhere

No thanks

bnew

Veteran
Daps
We don't have that in the UK

As for the rest you can usually drive away you're usually stuck with someone on a bus or carriage until your stop and shyt can go south.
on trains, you can switch cars. I haven't experienced anything too crazy on buses, just loud kids and loud evangelists proselytizing.

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
cars are still invaluable...if someone were to take uber/lyft to work every day, that shyt adds up

same w/ having everything delivered to you.

and your entire point of

is contradictory when you advocate to use uber lyft, deliveries, etc.

how you gonna get where you need to go or have your shyt delivered if no cars?
U don't need to take Uber/Lyft every day, u should live somewhere less than 10 miles from work, ride a bicycle( and once again, this is not 1995. They got some real nice ones nowadays). I ride 10 miles a day and I promise u with traffic, if you were to leave my workplace at the same time as me around 5pm, I'm getting home before you. Uber/Lyft is for when it's raining tropical storm weather. And biking keeps u in shape.

Instacart pays for itself with the amount of deals I get emailed. 25 dollars off two grocery deliveries with fees waived is a regular promotion they send.

And with today's economy/immigration there will be a constant supply of new people ubering and doing deliveries, I'm not worried about that. I just feel we need a change in modern society towards a healthier way of living, and transitioning away from private car ownership is one of the ways. Im 40 years old and u can catch me at the ball courts on some weekends running with the 20 yr olds like it's nothing. I also know people my age on medication suffering from strokes. I've seen people I've grown up with drop dead in they 30s. I can't promote that kind of a lifestyle

Daps
on trains, you can switch cars. I haven't experienced anything too crazy on buses, just loud kids and loud evangelists proselytizing.
I heard of plenty of people getting murdered and assaulted on public transport it's an easy terrorist target because there are no metal detectors when I can avoid it I do :yeshrug: . If I can avoid drama and keep to myself that's good.

In before you mention car bombs I'm not a high profile figure to be assassinated like that.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why are you acting like these people want "fewer" cars when every lobbyist group and outlet have firmly stated that they want NO CARS

If you Blood and you wearing a red flag until Crips show up, are you Blood or nah??

You can't pick and choose breh...that's not how it works anymore, especially with how those lobby groups like "Trans Alt" and "Rideshare Alliance" work

If you give extremists a voice....on either side...you have to be prepared to make it clear where you stand

You actually stand with the "NO CARS" people but you don't see it yet. You will.

It's up to you to decide when you want to remove yourself from their lot :blessed:
Bro no sane person thinks it’s a good idea to get rid of all cars.

But
1) public transit is superior in efficiency to cars.
2) it’s better for the environment.
3) it allows for better development of cities
4) better development of cities makes them more financially sustainable
5) it’s been documented to be better for your health

I mean how many reasons do you need?

The only people pushing against bike lanes and public transit sound like gun nuts. “Yeah I don’t care about any facts. I like my car”

Yeah it’s a reason. But it’s stupid. And it’s all you’ve got.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Bigger. And bigger and bigger.

fukk the train. One day the white man gonna have you on that train to nowhere

No thanks
you should look up the roads people have driven on thats lead them off a cliff.

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you act like there aren't crazy randos road raging, doing pit maneuvers, throwing drinks onto other cars. following people or shooting at other vehicles. :gucci:
The difference is i have options to handle it as needed be it ignoring an emotional road rage nut, escape, etc. On a crowded train or bus what options do you have? Ive seen too many videos of new yorkers having to deal with super extra bullshyt on the subway when they just trying to mind their own business.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I think one of the biggest financial mistakes people make us throwing all their money away on a down payment for a car they drive to their basic ass job and random "errands".

This is not 1995, when a car was invaluable. Uber. Lyft. Instacart. Amazon prime. Turo. The list could go on and on. And working in finance, half the people driving Mercedes, Nissans, Toyotas are behind on they payments. Like really behind. 2/3 months seems to be the average. Stop throwing your money away on transportation. Start a business that you are interested in. Nobody's impressed by a fukking Nissan Altima or basic stock Mercedes.

It's called a rental. U can rent exotic cars you couldn't otherwise afford. Do u really think these dumb ass birds know the difference? All they see is a new Porsche, they ain't looking at the title. End of the weekend, u can throw that bytch back to the bushes just like the car
This is a mix of nonsense, misinformation, hate and broke boi babble

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
U don't need to take Uber/Lyft every day, u should live somewhere less than 10 miles from work, ride a bicycle( and once again, this is not 1995. They got some real nice ones nowadays). I ride 10 miles a day and I promise u with traffic, if you were to leave my workplace at the same time as me around 5pm, I'm getting home before you. Uber/Lyft is for when it's raining tropical storm weather. And biking keeps u in shape.

Instacart pays for itself with the amount of deals I get emailed. 25 dollars off two grocery deliveries with fees waived is a regular promotion they send.

And with today's economy/immigration there will be a constant supply of new people ubering and doing deliveries, I'm not worried about that. I just feel we need a change in modern society towards a healthier way of living, and transitioning away from private car ownership is one of the ways. Im 40 years old and u can catch me at the ball courts on some weekends running with the 20 yr olds like it's nothing. I also know people my age on medication suffering from strokes. I've seen people I've grown up with drop dead in they 30s. I can't promote that kind of a lifestyle
So everytime you change jobs you should move within 10 miles of where you work :dead: