The age of ‘the car is king’ is over. The sooner we accept that, the better

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Go electric and build more freeway infrastructure. Sorry. Not relying on no gat damn train

D21soAlU0AI_sV4

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
I think one of the biggest financial mistakes people make us throwing all their money away on a down payment for a car they drive to their basic ass job and random "errands".

This is not 1995, when a car was invaluable. Uber. Lyft. Instacart. Amazon prime. Turo. The list could go on and on. And working in finance, half the people driving Mercedes, Nissans, Toyotas are behind on they payments. Like really behind. 2/3 months seems to be the average. Stop throwing your money away on transportation. Start a business that you are interested in. Nobody's impressed by a fukking Nissan Altima or basic stock Mercedes.
How you gonna pull up on a shorty at the bust stop on a bicycle?
It's called a rental. U can rent exotic cars you couldn't otherwise afford. Do u really think these dumb ass birds know the difference? All they see is a new Porsche, they ain't looking at the title. End of the weekend, u can throw that bytch back to the bushes just like the car

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Nah miss me with all that. Me and my family dont mingle with crazy randos like that.

you act like there aren't crazy randos road raging, doing pit maneuvers, throwing drinks onto other cars. following people or shooting at other vehicles. :gucci:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The sooner ya'll realize it's all or nothing with the anti-car types, the sooner their voices can be silenced

I repeat: IT IS ALL OR NOTHING with them

There is no future where they will allow you to own a car, even if its electric.

NYC is showing you this already, with them wanting to build bike lanes in everyones ass crack and reconfiguring entire neighborhoods for their crap.

The "Gateway Triangle" project in Brooklyn is a good example of this, as I've stated on here before.

you act like there aren't crazy randos road raging, doing pit maneuvers, throwing drinks onto other cars. following people or shooting at other vehicles. :gucci:
Trans Alt Hyperbole

The mass majority of drivers in NYC are not doing this, while you can stand on ANY major street in this city even with a bike lane and watch cyclists behave recklessly

Just like that retard that died on Parkside a few days ago...Gentrifiers begged for a two way protected bike lane and somehow this mental midget gets hit by a truck OUTSIDE of the bike lane, despite nothing preventing her from riding in said bike lane.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
The sooner ya'll realize it's all or nothing with the anti-car types, the sooner their voices can be silenced

I repeat: IT IS ALL OR NOTHING with them

There is no future where they will allow you to own a car, even if its electric.

NYC is showing you this already, with them wanting to build bike lanes in everyones ass crack and reconfiguring entire neighborhoods for their crap.

The "Gateway Triangle" project in Brooklyn is a good example of this, as I've stated on here before.

Trans Alt Hyperbole

The mass majority of drivers in NYC are not doing this, while you can stand on ANY major street in this city even with a bike lane and watch cyclists behave recklessly

Just like that retard that died on Parkside a few days ago...Gentrifiers begged for a two way protected bike lane and somehow this mental midget gets hit by a truck OUTSIDE of the bike lane, despite nothing preventing her from riding in said bike lane.
'all or nothing' doesn't even make sense, people against multiple modes of transportation are the ones selling cars as the one size fits all solution.

even as reckless as you claim cyclists to be, they still haven't racked up the body count cars have.:stopitslime:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
'all or nothing' doesn't even make sense, people against multiple modes of transportation are the ones selling cars as the one size fits all solution.
I keep telling you bro, you can't fool me

Coli nikkas don't know because they don't live here but I do, and I know what goes on in these Community Board meetings, and I know how these City Council Members work.

You are the anti-car equivalent of CAC republicans who say they don't want to cut social security knowing damn well that their goal is to do so, so they use other phrases like "entitlements" to get their loyalists to say "Yeah! I hate those entitled folks getting free money!", knowing damn well that money is theirs because they've paid into it and need it for their grey years.

There is no scenario where the City of New York is plopping down Citibike racks on entire residential blocks with families and residents (BLACK ones especially) that have existed long before the gentrifiers thought this was a "nice place to live", but are "not trying to get rid of cars".

Ah yes...since the parking spots are being taken away, those families will simply park their cars on roofs instead :laugh:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I think one of the biggest financial mistakes people make us throwing all their money away on a down payment for a car they drive to their basic ass job and random "errands".

This is not 1995, when a car was invaluable. Uber. Lyft. Instacart. Amazon prime. Turo. The list could go on and on. And working in finance, half the people driving Mercedes, Nissans, Toyotas are behind on they payments. Like really behind. 2/3 months seems to be the average. Stop throwing your money away on transportation. Start a business that you are interested in. Nobody's impressed by a fukking Nissan Altima or basic stock Mercedes.

cars are still invaluable...if someone were to take uber/lyft to work every day, that shyt adds up

same w/ having everything delivered to you.

and your entire point of

is contradictory when you advocate to use uber lyft, deliveries, etc.

how you gonna get where you need to go or have your shyt delivered if no cars?

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I’ll take trains all day over cars and planes.

Nothing like just jumping on train with a tall boy in hand, legs stretched out while on ya phone. :ahh: None that pay for Wi-Fi or crying ass babies or traffic

It’s one of the main reasons I’m trying to bail on the states. You legit get out of your comfort zone and see so much more.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The same way they do in The Netherlands and Denmark and Switzerland and lots of places with great public transit and bike lanes.

I mean, do you REALLY want to know?

Because we can show you videos and articles.

Or are you just going to dismiss it because you can’t fathom your life without using your car for literally everything?

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
cars are still invaluable...if someone were to take uber/lyft to work every day, that shyt adds up

same w/ having everything delivered to you.

and your entire point of

is contradictory when you advocate to use uber lyft, deliveries, etc.

When you hold their bullshyt under the microscope, you realize all it is is neoliberal garbage designed to sell neighborhoods and entire cities to corporate America in any way possible, from AirBNBs to Uber/Lyft.

I've lived in NYC my whole life

Traffic did NOT get as bad as it was until Uber and Lyft were allowed to operate here and add over 100K additional vehicles to the road around 2012

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why are you guys acting like the solution is NO CARS?

Cars should absolutely exist.
But infrastructure and cities should not be slaves to them.

We need FEWER cars.
Not zero cars.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I keep telling you bro, you can't fool me

Coli nikkas don't know because they don't live here but I do, and I know what goes on in these Community Board meetings, and I know how these City Council Members work.

You are the anti-car equivalent of CAC republicans who say they don't want to cut social security knowing damn well that their goal is to do so, so they use other phrases like "entitlements" to get their loyalists to say "Yeah! I hate those entitled folks getting free money!", knowing damn well that money is theirs because they've paid into it and need it for their grey years.

There is no scenario where the City of New York is plopping down Citibike racks on entire residential blocks with families and residents (BLACK ones especially) that have existed long before the gentrifiers thought this was a "nice place to live", but are "not trying to get rid of cars".

Ah yes...since the parking spots are being taken away, those families will simply park their cars on roofs instead :laugh:

show us the black communities that Citibike is overwhelming it's residents with. :feedme:

Fe4R6K4WQAI24H9

edit: trucks aren't even suppose to drive on parkside ave.

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
i'd love to accept that...but even large prominent metro areas in the US don't have wide coverage, fully connected, clean, safe, affordable, dependable public transportation. so until that's the norm, cars it is. bay area has like 9 transit authorities, nothing is connected, BART (our subway) has very poor coverage, and one track in each direction, so one issue, the whole thing falls apart, it's expensive - easily costs $8-13 round trip + most stations people need to drive to and it costs to park at them, not to mention how many people get jacked on BART and the number of bare assed homeless people sleeping in the cars.

and ride sharing? it costs $17 to go 2 miles...FOH

cars aren't going away with these bullshyt options

Last edited: