The afterlife is some real shyt

RareHunter

All Star
Daps
Everyone is different but I slowly started to filter out negative habits and emotional traits, forcing myself to eat multiple meals a day, forcing myself to go outside and interact with people face to face, eat clean and exercise, your brain is an organ like any other you have to be healthy if you want it to function properly. Also, mentally, I found new purpose in political organizing (for you this can be any passion) and despite a pretty harsh atheist worldview my passion gave me a lot of hope for the future. Therapy can also help but I'm pretty stubborn and sarcastic so if I need to get right mentally, nothing works better than for me to stop bad habits and meditate on what I really want from life.

I also found inspiration from people who also overcame a fear of death and reading about cosmology.
Mortality by Christopher Hitchens
Just my 2 cents, I'm also a massive weirdo so take this with a grain of salt.:skip:
This is only a bandage. How much longer will “therapy” be available? He needs to repent and turn away from his sins and so do you. Seems like you’d rather find a bandage and live in sin, than obey the commandments and trust in The Most High.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
This is only a bandage. How much longer will “therapy” be available? He needs to repent and turn away from his sins and so do you. Seems like you’d rather find a bandage and live in sin, than obey the commandments and trust in The Most High.

I actually didn't recommend therapy as a cure if you reread the comment, there is no cure for anxiety also sins, commandments and higher spiritual powers are man made superstitions.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I've had moments where fam close to me passed and some crazy stuff happened within the month. Also had departed fam and friends close to me in my dreams and they were at peace with passing. My homie, who passed away in his late 30s and left kids behind, accepted it but didn't wanna go because of the kids.

At times I have my doubts about it or/and a higher power.cJust have to be open to the possibility, not let cynicism overcome me, and accept some things in life we'll never understand. :ld:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I'm not saying ghosts aren't real but think about how many 10s of BILLIONS of ppl have died through out human beings history, ans why is there only very few of them that seem to get to sttkck around?

The "reason" why spirits/ghosts stay here is because they're not ready to leave and/or they left in a violent way.

RareHunter

All Star
Daps
I actually didn't recommend therapy as a cure if you reread the comment, there is no cure for anxiety also sins, commandments and higher spiritual powers are man made superstitions.

Repent. If you and society at large and all of us kept the commandments their would be no anxiety. You wouldn’t be anxious or need all these medications. That’s all a result of sin. People sin then go “why does God allow evil, blah blah”.

Because you have free will and he’s giving people a chance to choose him and righteousness instead of Satan and wickedness. You think all liars, thieves, murders, and sexually immormality (which literally destroys societies from the inside) won’t face righteous judgement?

You only feel this way now because you have your strength and vigor at the moment, and you’re banking on nothing happening to you. But you shouldn’t put your trust in this system. It will pass away, but whether you choose to believe or not, you will still face judgement, but you don’t have to if you repent and turn away from your sins and trust in Yasha for salvation.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
My grandma died when I was 10 years old due to medical malpractice & I took it really hard. For a few months afterward, she would come in my dreams every so often to console me about her death, hug me, kiss me & assure me that everything would be ok. Our meeting place would always be the church I grew up in, which she had been a member of for years. About 18 months after her death, I told her in one of my dreams that I think I've finally accepted her passing. She told me she loved me, she'll always be there for me, she can't wait to see me again & that her work was done. I hugged her, cried tears of joy, she kissed me on the cheek, then she got up and walked out of the church. That was the last time she ever appeared in my dreams.

I love you Grammy and I miss you every day. I know you're reading this.

This hit me, man. :mjcry:

My grandma passed a few months back. Even though I'm moving on, I'm still emotional over it. She lived a long life and went peacefully, but she's my second mom and I'm a sensitive soul. I've only seen her in 2 of my dreams, but she never talked to me. The most recent one made me wake up in tears, and even though the dream was somber, the interaction between the two of us was joyful. :mjcry:

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
I'm not saying ghosts aren't real but think about how many 10s of BILLIONS of ppl have died through out human beings history, ans why is there only very few of them that seem to get to sttkck around?

I’ll say it for you. No such thing as a fukking ghost :mjlol:

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

ThisIsLife

Energy ⚡
Daps
Reppin
Near Philly
My father visited me in my dreams a few times after he passed, he basically told me what I needed to do because at that time I was at my absolute worst (depressed, broke and overweight). After that I got in touch for the first time with my own spirituality and let go of the Christian religion which I felt was holding me back. I actually had a breh here on theColi who was a huge help to me during that time.

I'm not anti-religious in anyway, because I still feel there is something to learn from all religions (my dad was Muslim and mom is Christian). I just know from my own personal transformation since that time there is power in getting in touch with your own inner world instead of having a religion dictate your life, but some people need that religion to keep them on a straight track and I respect that as well.

So much more I want to say but OP I believe you as well as many others who gave their personal experiences because I've been through the same. Those who never had that personal experience with spirit would NEVER understand and would call us crazy, because that was me before my Dad passed. You gotta experience spirit to truly respect and understand that aspect of life (and death).

DatBoiHawk

HAWK
Daps
Reppin
Houston
My aunt died years ago. She was in my dream she sat next to me and I wanted to tell her I loved her, but I couldn’t talk and all I could do was cry. That shyt just seemed so damn real at the time…anyways that’s the only similar story I have

Joe Budden

Banned
Daps
God is a pawg and that is the set I rep
Would rep this post if I could.

giphy.gif

Aquarius Snake

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It’s VERY real OP. I’ve had MANY experiences as a child, a teen and most recently, as an adult, months ago. Just a couple of years ago, the night my grandfather died, he was in the corner of my bedroom 1800 miles away from his physical body. His presence was so strong it woke me up in the middle of the night and I was afraid to look in the corner and covered my head with the blanket and went back to sleep. The next morning I got the text from my mom that he passed around the time I felt him in my room.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
“If a person turns to mediums and necromancers, whoring after them, I will set my face against that person and will cut him off from among his people.
Leviticus 20:6

There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord. And because of these abominations the Lord your God is driving them out before you.

Deuteronomy 18:10-12

Remember Saul visiting a medium?