The Afghanistan - Taliban Conflict

mykey

Superstar
Daps
Are you getting paid to shill for the military? :mjlol:

You literally got it backwards. the US military wins battles but loses wars. They’re able to overthrow leaders they don’t like and bomb motherfukkas but in the end they lose.

What’s happening now with the Taliban is the same shyt that happened in Vietnam. As soon as the US pulled out, the South Vietnam puppet government that they spent 20 years propping up collapsed instantly, and the Viet Cong took over. The VC then collapsed, not because of the US military but because communism doesn’t work.

20 years completely wasted, just like Afghanistan. Trillions of $$ and countless American lives gone for nothing. We’re seeing history repeat itself right now. Add another L to the scoreboard for the US military. :umad:
The only success for the US military was the invasion of Grenada in 1983.

Come to think of it, that's a huge L by itself. A whole superpower invading a tiny Carribean country of less than a 100,000 people.
:mjlol:

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think we should have left after we killed Bin Laden. This was always going to be the endgame no matter what. I did two deployments there and all you hear about the Afghan troops not pulling their weight and some straight up fleeing from a battle. My friend was there to train them on fixing helicopters and said they gave no shyts in learning. They had 20 years to get trained. Can’t really blame that on the US. The only way this would have worked if other Middle East countries would help out and do more in that region. Shyt sucks that a lot of people died and essentially the only thing we can say is that we got Bin Laden

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I think we should have left after we killed Bin Laden. This was always going to be the endgame no matter what. I did two deployments there and all you hear about the Afghan troops not pulling their weight and some straight up fleeing from a battle. My friend was there to train them on fixing helicopters and said they gave no shyts in learning. They had 20 years to get trained. Can’t really blame that on the US. The only way this would have worked if other Middle East countries would help out and do more in that region. Shyt sucks that a lot of people died and essentially the only thing we can say is that we got Bin Laden

These taliban are smart as well I bet the us embassy would have remained untouched even if us pulled out troops and left people there. They know as long as they don’t bother Americans they are free to do what they want

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These taliban are smart as well I bet the us embassy would have remained untouched even if us pulled out troops and left people there. They know as long as they don’t bother Americans they are free to do what they want

i was thinking the same thing. They would either take Kabul and leave the embassies alone or leave Kabul completely isolated and leave it as the place that “Allah can’t see” like other parts of the Middle East that is heavily Western Influence. I’m sure they are as tired as us with having this forever conflict

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Taliban just took Afghanistan's third largest city. The afghan military literally just ran away.

Those people love the taliban over there. They chose to be ruled by a bunch of education hating, women hating, retarded religious nuts. It is what it is.:yeshrug:

The country will be gone within the year. We failed spectacularly in nation building, partly because those people aren't interested in building anything.

i'll never understand CHOOSING to live like that....

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
The only success for the US military was the invasion of Grenada in 1983.

Come to think of it, that's a huge L by itself. A whole superpower invading a tiny Carribean country of less than a 100,000 people.
:mjlol:
usa needed easy wins after nam

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Almost 4 trillion dollars spent on the War in Afghanistan in 20 years and absolutely nothing to show for it.

Imagine if just half of that money was spent on healthcare, infrastructure, housing, education? Just half.

Lockheed, Raytheon, Boeing, Northrop shareholders (most of congress) ate well for the past decades though :francis:

well they passed infrastructure reform and the amount is about $1 trillion and it will prob be signed next month

so we gonna see in a few years how that changes the nation and realize how diff the country would be if it was done 20 years ago

they should then use $1 trillion for the other three things you mentioned. Might as well since they wasted so much in Afghanistan

Chronic

All Star
Daps
:damn: They're definitely getting canceled now

Apparently this is replacement for chopping off hand for thief

Last edited: