The 3rd installment of Divergent flopped hard

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Not a teen show/book but, young adult....fukk with The Magicians bruh...

I promise you'll like it. I couldn't put those books down. I was disgusted when I finished them. They were a mixture of Harry Potter, Chronicles of Narnia and College debauchery.

The Magicians is pure piff. Shorties chest game is ridiculous. :shaq:

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA

I promise you'll like it. I couldn't put those books down. I was disgusted when I finished them. They were a mixture of Harry Potter, Chronicles of Narnia and College debauchery.
Say word?:ohhh:

I am going to try it!:lolbron:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Say word?:ohhh:

I am going to try it!:lolbron:

:ohhh: Oh for real @Niklaus? Folks in some of the threads for CW shows been trying to put folks on that show. But they didn't mention it was based on a YA books series.

Also I do feel I'm outgrowing teen/High School TV shows & movies and would prefer more College & Young Adult stuff.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Dudes going overboard fam:mjlol: it wasn't as good as the first but WOAT sequel of all time?!?:childplease:

Edit: @STAN JONES you really fukk with the Divergent series like that?? Most people seem to agree that it's definitely one of the weaker YA adaptations to come out. Especially considering its box office results. I doubt Netflix could give a single fukk about this. :russ:
the movie still did 180 mill

I don't see why Netflix wouldn't fukk with this considering some of the other shyt they've put money into

I also like the idea of this being a tv show

I think alot of these YA properties would've been better off as tv shows personally

Can't wait when the comic book trend dies as well (it will happen....all trends die)
im not looking forward to that day but it's only a matter of time

They are really over saturating the genre giving all these randoms their own movie or tv show

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
:ohhh: Oh for real @Niklaus? Folks in some of the threads for CW shows been trying to put folks on that show. But they didn't mention it was based on a YA books series.

Also I do feel I'm outgrowing teen/High School TV shows & movies and would prefer more College & Young Adult stuff.

Yea, it's not high school. They're students at a college for magic.

Harry Potter definitely wasn't popping no p*ssy and doing drugs :russ:

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Doesn't help that all the books were more or less the Hunger Games but slightly tweaked.

Hunger Games
City of Bones
Divergent
Beautiful Creatures
Vampire Academy
Percy Jackson
The Host
I Am Number Four
Maze Runner

They were throwing everything they could at the wall to find the next "Harry Potter"

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
the movie still did 180 mill

I don't see why Netflix wouldn't fukk with this considering some of the other shyt they've put money into

I also like the idea of this being a tv show

I think alot of these YA properties would've been better off as tv shows personally

im not looking forward to that day but it's only a matter of time

They are really over saturating the genre giving all these randoms their own movie or tv show
Yeah it made $180 million on a $110 million budget. The studio lost money on it. It made $100 million less than the 2nd film.

Not only does the series not make money, it hasn't even been well received critically, which would probably be important to Netflix. If this does end up on TV I can almost guarantee it will be on ABC Family like the Mortal Instruments did.

I do agree that most YA adaptations would be better suited for TV though.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
and they got another one dropping after this :russ:

Hopefully this will be the end of these post apocalyptic tween movies :mjpls:

Hunger Games era is about to be RIP :blessed:

Yeah teenage dystopias have run there course

Meanwhile comic movies still going strong, doing 100 + opening weekend like it ain't nothing. :blessed:

:what:This like saying comic movies suck because of The Green Lantern or Catwoman sucked or bombed. A trash movie series is a trash movie series. Has nothing to do with the genre. Dystopian YA movies ain't going nowhere. The Divergent series were trash books, so no one should have expected a good movie out of them.

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
I gave the 1st one a chance cause i saw Meki Phife was in it.

The second one was PURE TRASH!!:scust: i have the new one on my Plex server. I have zero desire to watch it.

You know what teen movies i like tho? The Maze Runner joint. The sequel was even wilder! :gladbron: are they doing a 3rd i wonder?:jbhmm:

Co-sign

1st one was piff

better than all the Divergent and Hunger Games movies

2nd one was ass

worst than all the Divergent and Hunger Games movies

that 2nd one made me completely lose interest in the series

Second maze runner could be the worst sequel of all time.
:dwillhuh:
What was you r problem with it? I thought it was definitely better than the first, and scarier. Only bad part for me was the stupid party scene

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Co-sign

:dwillhuh:
What was you r problem with it? I thought it was definitely better than the first, and scarier. Only bad part for me was the stupid party scene
I am going to rewatch it this weekend. I seriously thought it was great the 1st time i saw it. Had great action and i do not remember it being super predictable.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
I was going to meet people out to watch teh 3rd one so I rented the first 2. :scust:

Some teeny girl "women are my heroes" bullshyt. I even gave away my movie ticket.

shytty acting and predictable. Once you've seen that SNL parody, you just cant watch these teeny hero movies anymore