The 3rd installment of Divergent flopped hard

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Imma still check for it, just not in theaters. I saw the first two so I feel like I have to finish what I started. Same with the saw series, I saw everyone but the seventh one and I need to see that so I can feel right.

I feel bad for that girl Chloe Grace. That fifth wave bullshyt bout to flop hard. It looks trash off rip and now people are tiring of the YA apocalypse movies.
:dwillhuh: 5th wave came out like 3 months ago, made over a 100 million on a 38 million budget

jadden

Superstar
Daps
Its pretty much knock off hunger games. I'm amazed it's still going on :yeshrug:

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the first one was ok because the cast was good but the second one was kinda ass. Wont be ever watching the third one since I threw the bytch who dragged me to see these deeeeep into the bushes.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
Meh. I just finally watched the 2nd movie this paat weekend, it was lackluster & defintely wasn't as good as the 1st movie. That's what the problem is to me. I could see why folks are apathetic to 3rd movie that just opened up this past weekend.
My girl LOVED Divergent...she hyped that shyt up to me like no other and said I had to watch it before the 2nd one came in theaters and I watched it with her and it was ok..

2nd one comes out...we didnt even go to see it...i found a rip...we both fell asleep like a half hour in and never mentioned the movie again :dead:

even when ads run for this new one she wont ever bring up how she stanned that first one and the sequel shat on everything lol

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:huhldup:

The Divergent film franchise is deviating from its expected course. Instead of concluding with a fourth theatrical release, The Divergent Series: Ascendant, studio Lionsgate is now looking to complete the story arc with a television movie, which would also lay the groundwork for a potential spin-off series set in the same dystopian future.

Based on a trilogy of young-adult novels by Veronica Roth, The Divergent Series is set in a post-apocalyptic society where people are divided into factions based on their personality types. Shailene Woodley, Theo James, Ansel Elgort starred in the first three films — Divergent, Insurgent, and Allegiant — but it is not yet known whether they would return for the TV finale.

While 2014’s Divergent and 2015’s Insurgentwere solid box office performers, the series never reached the heights of Summit and Lionsgate’s blockbuster Twilight and Hunger Games franchises, and last year’s Allegiant was a critical and commercial dud.

Ascendant had been scheduled to hit theaters June 9, 2017, with Lee Toland Krieger (Age of Adaline) directing.

Lionsgate declined to comment.

The Divergent news was first reported by Variety.

Final Divergent Film To Be TV Movie

Hold up you guys, The Divergent series just threw for us huge loop and no I don’t mean they discovered yet another world outside of the walls!

It is confirmed that the last movie of the Divergent Series, Ascendant, will indeed not be in theaters but instead hit the small screen as a TV movie. As a Divergent fan myself I know that doesn’t sound as exciting. I mean, there is nothing like watching all that action on a massive screen! However, we do have a little extra to look forward to! Because Lionsgate also wants to turn it into a tv spinoff series!

So why the sudden change? We can only guess that perhaps it’s because after the first two movies in the Divergent series were major box office hits, the most recent movie, Allegiant was sort of a stumble. The fourth and final film, Ascendant was originally scheduled to debut in June of 2017, but after the flop of Allegiant, caused the studio to rethink that plan.

Lionsgate Television group is set to handle production. The idea is to wrap up story lines of the main cast and introduce new characters and then continue the series on a cable or streaming network. It’s unclear if stars Shailene Woodley, Theo James and others will return for the TV movie or if they will be recast.

What do you guys think of the news of Ascendant becoming a TV movie and a spin off TV series? Good choice? Bad choice? Sound off in the comment section below or tweet me at MegLamontagne. And when youre done with that click right over here to check out Why Kim K won social media. Thanks so much for hanging. I’m your host Meghan Lamontagne and I’ll catch ya later!

Last edited by a moderator:

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Lol at a tv series.

There's no more book to cover. That's it. There were only three books. It's not like Mortal Instruments or Vampire Diaries where they have 10 books to draw from. They're going to be pulling out of their asses the entire show. It will be cancelled by season 2.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

wow

i just watched Allegiant earlier today too

the series isnt as bad as people are making it out to be,i just think people are tired of these type of movies plus they split it into 2 movies which was a mistake

i actually like the Divergent series more than Hunger Games and Maze Runner

the 2nd Maze Runner was absolutely horrible

i can see the 3rd one flopping harder than the 3rd Divergent movie

on a another note,if i was Netflix i'd hop all over this

i could see the final movie and tv series being really successful on netflix