The 2024 Baltimore Ravens thread

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
They lost cause teams dont have to respect our receivers

We don’t have any receivers thats gonna make the safeties back up and make it easier to run

thats why they just abandon the run against good teams

sometimes it works like the San Fran game and sometimes it doesn’t like yesterday and the AFC championship game

but being good enough to get to the afc championship game isn’t good enough

You aren’t winning a ring with a bottom 5 WR core and to say we don’t need another receiver is insane

this offense is one injury away from looking like one of the worse offenses in the league

They better pray neither one of the Zays get hurt
They dominated the run game against the best teams all last season and all of a sudden forgot what got em there against the Chiefs. If they had stuck to their identity against the Chiefs they woulda won that game. You only give up 17 points and home that should be a guaranteed win. That had nothing to do with the receivers

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
They dominated the run game against the best teams all last season and all of a sudden forgot what got em there against the Chiefs. If they had stuck to their identity against the Chiefs they woulda won that game. You only give up 17 points and home that should be a guaranteed win. That had nothing to do with the receivers
They didn’t dominate the run last year, thats a myth

we had 1 100 yard rusher all last year and that was Keaton

Alot of those rush yards are on Lamar scrambles aka pass plays

take away the Lamar scrambles and this is an average running team at best

Last edited:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
from yesterdays game

Lamar scrambles = 12 carries 106 yards

Ravens rushing when calling run plays = 20 carries 81 yards

some would just look at stats and say the Ravens had almost 190 yards rushing “they dominated”

but in reality the rushing attack was mediocre and numbers are inflated because of Lamars scrambles

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
That’s because he has no weapons

If you only give me 2 good weapons then im only going to be looking at those 2 most of the time

If he had better weapons he’d spread the ball around more

Yall want him to give bums 10 targets a games?
So, I don't think they need 10 targets. Monken has to design plays that makes the most out of those "bum" guys to keep the defenses honest. If Monken can take advantage of certain personnel match ups, Lamar can take advantage of certain coverages and the bums make one or two positive plays, defensive coordinators have to account for them.

IMO, Lamar and the coaches get caught up in the flow of the game too much and instead of trying to mix things up, they go with the hot hand on offense, which makes it easier for the defenses to adjust.

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Not going to put this on the refs. We had opportunities to win and blew it.

You coward:russ:

You and your Ravens brehs was supposed to stand with me on my scorched earth “fukk Da Chiefs” campaign :mjgrin:

And in turn, I was gonna truce with yall or atleast drop the heat a little.

But now it’s still gonna be Eternal Beef ON SIGHT:damn:

You choice wrong:ufdup:

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
from yesterdays game

Lamar scrambles = 12 carries 106 yards

Ravens rushing when calling run plays = 20 carries 81 yards

some would just look at stats and say the Ravens had almost 190 yards rushing “they dominated”

but in reality the rushing attack was mediocre and numbers are inflated because of Lamars scrambles
I think the offense was more dangerous because of his scrambles. As odd as it sounds, with a better oline, Lamar isn't as effective because his legs make him more dangerous. It's gonna be painful, but they need to keep that oline as is and let Lamar create plays with his legs. He ain't running if he got time.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
You coward:russ:

You and your Ravens brehs was supposed to stand with me on my scorched earth “fukk Da Chiefs” campaign :mjgrin:

And in turn, I was gonna truce with yall or atleast drop the heat a little.

But now it’s still gonna be Eternal Beef ON SIGHT:damn:

You choice wrong:ufdup:
It's a one way beef cause I don't care about you and your 9ers. We beat yall in the SB. We took your boys MVP. I can understand why you would be so mad at us but what have you guys done to make us even think about you :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Tricky thing about Andrews is he was never the best blocker.

Boyle & Hurst were those guys who were the better blockers.

Even though Likely had a couple good blocks the duo doesn't really give you that Gronk/Hernandez ying/yang.
I disagree. You got two of the best tight ends in the league you better figure out how to use them together. Biggest mistakes they made were not resigning Zeitler and trading Moses
I can sort of understand Moses. Should have moved up for one of the better tackles. Although Wiggins could be a really good corner so it might be ok. Zeitler being let go was egregious.

Agree about the TEs. Monken won a chip at Georgia utilizing 2 TE sets. it’s on him to scheme it up. Disagree about Zeitler. he is 34 , wanted a big pay day and has been hurt the entire training camp for the Lions . so either way it was smart to move off him. Moses, I do think we could have kept for 1 more year since he wasn’t expensive but injuries started to pile up for him as well

I heard Likely doesn't want to leave Baltimore, but after a game like that, it's only a matter of time until someone gets his ear and tells him how much money he can make somewhere else. No way Ravens will pay him and Andrews big money. I'd like to see them use both or Lamar atleast see both as options.

Andrews pissed me off last night with that dumb ass baseball sliding catch on 3rd down when he should've caught the pass in stride. Dude avoids contact ALL THE TIME...when sometimes you gotta play football and stop being soft. I have never seen a TE slide into catches as much as Andrews in my life. If a defender is within 2 yards of him...he's sliding or catching that shyt as low to the ground as possible.

Anyway...its on Monken and Lamar to get the ball to them both.
Andrews ability to get YAC appears to be cooked at the moment (could be the car accident got him worried about contact right now)
Lamar use to throw jump balls to Andrews.

On the 2nd to last drive that they settled for FG he had Andrews in the middle of the field for the TD. He probably has to jump up and snag it but it was there. Instead he scrambled out of the pocket.
The way to salvage Andrews is to let him catch those tight window or one on one jump ball passes where he can use his size.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
It's a one way beef cause I don't care about you and your 9ers. We beat yall in the SB. We took your boys MVP. I can understand why you would be so mad at us but what have you guys done to make us even think about you :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

We’ll get there :pachaha:
Just gonna continue to chip at yall till yall lose it and say “enough is enough” and fight back.

Put me on ignore and then that just opens up the door for mass alias threads and niccas I’m aligned with to attack on some “Kill He Who Remains and all his thousands of Variants attack” type shyt :mjgrin:

A war of attrition:lolbron: