The 2024 Baltimore Ravens thread

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I’m not sure why Tez isn’t getting any snaps, he seems a good fit for what Monken wants from a WR compared to Bate (who I think is just a bad fit for us). At least his speed should translate to keeping defenses honest.
I think Bateman will have a career resurgence once he leaves Baltimore. I really don't think he's a bust. Seems like the balls thrown his way are either uncatchable or timing is off. I've seen him drop easy ones, but last night, most of those where uncatchable for him.

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
well I don’t think Andrews is one of the best TEs anymore

he has lost a step and he gives you nothing after the catch

It’s better to trade him now while his value is still high
Nothing after the catch at all. Never puts himself in a position for YAC because he's always on the ground. He's protecting his body, which is good in the grand scheme of things, but he'll recover if he takes a few big hits here and there. Dude acts like he's made of glass.

maybe he is :francis:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
what WR were we supposed to bring in? $26 million for Ridley ?? he was the only decent FA. We drafted WR in 3 str8 years. Hollywood asked out, Bateman is a bust, and Zay is good. We probably will have to trade for a vet to get a legit guy.
Hoping Devante is available . Dream would be Tee Higgins but that won’t be until next offseason
if they wanted a receiver they could’ve easily got one in the draft or trade

They didn’t even try

They really thought Zay,Bateman,and Agholor was enough :heh:

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nothing after the catch at all. Never puts himself in a position for YAC because he's always on the ground. He's protecting his body, which is good in the grand scheme of things, but he'll recover if he takes a few big hits here and there. Dude acts like he's made of glass.

maybe he is :francis:
I think Bateman will have a career resurgence once he leaves Baltimore. I really don't think he's a bust. Seems like the balls thrown his way are either uncatchable or timing is off. I've seen him drop easy ones, but last night, most of those were uncatchable for him.
Yeah I think the injuries have finally caught up Andrews, and he’s just not going to be the same. Hope I’m wrong.

Yeah Bate seems to be much more of a slant/quick dig/hitch route runner and we just don’t use him much for that. I think that’s why he’s looked better with Huntley than Lamar. Him and Lamar are always off and have no chemistry and I think part of it is our scheme doesn’t help with him.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
well I don’t think Andrews is one of the best TEs anymore

he has lost a step and he gives you nothing after the catch

It’s better to trade him now while his value is still high
What would you have traded him for? Andrews balled out when he was healthy last year. And they really couldn’t utilize him last nite because he had to stay in and block

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
Hopefully, he'll only miss a few weeks. Young guys gotta step up.

I need to see more of Ojabo when offenses decide to run right at him, but last night I didn't see him on the ground, which has been one of his issues.

Oweh has to get better gathering himself before he makes contact with the QB. He rushes the passer like a dog chasing a car...once he gets there he doesn't know what to do with it. Those pressures aren't sacks because he comes in too hot and doesn't allow himself to adjust to subtle movements.
I was shocked last night the African boys step up!!!

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
I heard Likely doesn't want to leave Baltimore, but after a game like that, it's only a matter of time until someone gets his ear and tells him how much money he can make somewhere else. No way Ravens will pay him and Andrews big money. I'd like to see them use both or Lamar atleast see both as options.

Andrews pissed me off last night with that dumb ass baseball sliding catch on 3rd down when he should've caught the pass in stride. Dude avoids contact ALL THE TIME...when sometimes you gotta play football and stop being soft. I have never seen a TE slide into catches as much as Andrews in my life. If a defender is within 2 yards of him...he's sliding or catching that shyt as low to the ground as possible.

Anyway...its on Monken and Lamar to get the ball to them both.

I’m happy if we move on from him likely is the real deal, I think we got Andrews best years from him and now it’s time to move on

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I heard Likely doesn't want to leave Baltimore, but after a game like that, it's only a matter of time until someone gets his ear and tells him how much money he can make somewhere else. No way Ravens will pay him and Andrews big money. I'd like to see them use both or Lamar atleast see both as options.

Andrews pissed me off last night with that dumb ass baseball sliding catch on 3rd down when he should've caught the pass in stride. Dude avoids contact ALL THE TIME...when sometimes you gotta play football and stop being soft. I have never seen a TE slide into catches as much as Andrews in my life. If a defender is within 2 yards of him...he's sliding or catching that shyt as low to the ground as possible.

Anyway...its on Monken and Lamar to get the ball to them both.
Likely isn’t going anywhere

Andrews won’t be on the team next season

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
What would you have traded him for? Andrews balled out when he was healthy last year. And they really couldn’t utilize him last nite because he had to stay in and block
trade him for a WR

they should’ve did it at the beginning of the offseason

The offense is noticeably better and more explosive when Likely is on the field and Moken/Lamar obviously want to use 3 receiver sets

Andrews,Henry,Ricard don’t fit what Moken/Lamar want to do on offense

There’s a disconnect between the coaches and front office

Those guys fit Romans system

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
trade him for a WR

they should’ve did it at the beginning of the offseason

The offense is noticeably better and more explosive when Likely is on the field and Moken/Lamar obviously want to use 3 receiver sets

Andrews,Henry,Ricard don’t fit what Moken/Lamar want to do on offense

There’s a disconnect between the coaches and front office

Those guys fit Romans system
I disagree with needing another receiver. The group they had last year was good enough to get them to the AFC championship. And the reason they lost is becuz they only ran the ball six times
:heh:

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Likely isn’t going anywhere

Andrews won’t be on the team next season
I'm hoping some GM in need of a TE sees the problem the Ravens have of 2 dynamic TEs and offers something that blows Decosta away foe Andrews.

Ravens need a combination of a player and picks for Andrews IMO.

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I disagree with needing another receiver. The group they had last year was good enough to get them to the AFC championship. And the reason they lost is becuz they only ran the ball six times
Yeah, it seems Lamar only has certain people in mind that he's throwing to anyway, so I don't think more receivers is the option. Oline help would hurt Lamar too because him running for his life makes him a game changer again and not trying to be a pocket passer.

On another note. That Mahomes interception to Roquan and the other tipped pass he caught. I don't think Mahomes looks before he throws all the time. On those 2 passes, he was throwing to a spot his guy was supposed to be which is why he had "negative" plays. I think a key to beating Mahomes is pressure and blanketing his checkdowns or making sure the throwing lanes are covered because he's not always looking before he throws to them.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

They lost cause teams dont have to respect our receivers

We don’t have any receivers thats gonna make the safeties back up and make it easier to run

thats why they just abandon the run against good teams

sometimes it works like the San Fran game and sometimes it doesn’t like yesterday and the AFC championship game

but being good enough to get to the afc championship game isn’t good enough

You aren’t winning a ring with a bottom 5 WR core and to say we don’t need another receiver is insane

this offense is one injury away from looking like one of the worse offenses in the league

They better pray neither one of the Zays get hurt

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Yeah, it seems Lamar only has certain people in mind that he's throwing to anyway, .
That’s because he has no weapons

If you only give me 2 good weapons then im only going to be looking at those 2 most of the time

If he had better weapons he’d spread the ball around more

Yall want him to give bums 10 targets a games?

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Theres no reason for him being a healthy scratch

At the very least they can have him run go routes every play to stretch the defense like we used to do with Torrey early in his career

I don’t know what they are expecting out of Agholor and Tylan Wallace but Tez needs to be active and playing snaps every game
The threat of Worthy opened up a lot of stuff underneath for guys like Rice/Gray.

Gotta dress him.