The 2024 Baltimore Ravens thread

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
Right. Biscotti is on record saying he wants to mimic the Steelers. We all know this, but they've only had 3 head coaches in the last 60 years.

Biscotti is so committed to that ideal of continuity in the HC position that he's blind to that fact he picked the wrong guy to be his HC.

And that’s is what’s going to cost him his fan base, especially after he gives harbaugh this 3 year extension

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
nikka was probably that disgusted with what the offense did in that AFCCG. His defense did their part. Shut out KC in the 2nd half. The OC fumbled by his trash gameplan in not using the run. Harbaugh cant be trusted because he either signed off on that trash gameplan or didnt have the nuts to step in and correct the situation.

And this is why I said Steve biscotti had to address the fan base after that playoff loss, that game plan was pure insanity by harbaugh and monken, especially after what Buffalo did the week before with running the ball

its2late2hate

Rookie
Daps
not worth it to fire Harbaugh unless there is a young offensive stud available. Ben Johnson was hottest offensive coach and he is staying put. Only way to maximize Lamar is to give him his own Andy Reid. Josh Allen has the same problem with McDermett. Mahomes has the offensive coach. Even Burrow has a McVay disciple. Look how good Jordan love looked 2nd half of year with Lafluer. The only upgrade to me is an offensive mind for Lamar. Belicheck and Vrabel may be minor upgrades at best.

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Man, I still have some All 22 film to review from the KC game, but Marcus Williams had a terrible game. Dude was a complete buffoon in coverage on several plays.

His lack of depth in coverage on certain pass plays was critical to KC being able to extend drives.

They should've put him on IR after he tore the pec. If it wasn't some fukk up in coverage, he was trying to tackle people with one all season smh. I admire the heart and desire to want to be out there, but at some point, somebody should've pulled him aside and said breh, you're doing more harm than good out there...let Geno cook.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
not worth it to fire Harbaugh unless there is a young offensive stud available. Ben Johnson was hottest offensive coach and he is staying put. Only way to maximize Lamar is to give him his own Andy Reid. Josh Allen has the same problem with McDermett. Mahomes has the offensive coach. Even Burrow has a McVay disciple. Look how good Jordan love looked 2nd half of year with Lafluer. The only upgrade to me is an offensive mind for Lamar. Belicheck and Vrabel may be minor upgrades at best.
A defensive mind would work. They would just need to have the common sense to tell the OC to run the ball instead of just letting the OC abandon what got them to that far in the first place.
Man, I still have some All 22 film to review from the KC game, but Marcus Williams had a terrible game. Dude was a complete buffoon in coverage on several plays.

His lack of depth in coverage on certain pass plays was critical to KC being able to extend drives.
Did you do an all 22 on stephens. Seems like a Kelce owned him a lot in couple of his big plays. :francis:
But maybe it doesnt look that bad on the all 22, and the broadcast just made it seem that way.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Knew it was too good to be true. It's just not a Ravens offseason without a key assistant or several getting pilfered.

Do not let Dennard Wilson out of the Castle. He's (or should be) Mac's successor.

👀

Sorry Ravens breh's but for my Titans sake, I hope this is true :noah:

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
A defensive mind would work. They would just need to have the common sense to tell the OC to run the ball instead of just letting the OC abandon what got them to that far in the first place.

Did you do an all 22 on stephens. Seems like a Kelce owned him a lot in couple of his big plays. :francis:
But maybe it doesnt look that bad on the all 22, and the broadcast just made it seem that way.
Yeah, the broadcast doesn't show you shyt. If ABC/Disney/ESPN weren't so damn money hungry, they could make the Manning cast an All 22 view for the people that want to really learn the game and see what the qb is seeing. They will monetize an All 22 broadcast before they let it be free for people to watch live.

From what I could see, Stephens and Hamilton didn't play bad in coverage. They had bad reps, but most of the completions to Kelce and other receivers they were covering were generated from rub routes and picks Andy Reid designed to get guys open. Same shyt offenses been doing for years and getting away with, but the timing and the Kelce/Mahomes connection makes it that much deadlier.

Oh and Ellaire gets mixed up in his blitz pick up assignments, so the niners should be able to exploit him with some corner and safety blitzes if Steve Wilks is worth a damn as a DC. I know they don't blitz much, but when Ellaire is on the field on obvious passing downs, he gotta dial it up.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Mcdonald is gonna get poached for sure imo.

A guy who runs a Vic Fangio scheme with a twist that addresses some of its main weaknesses (predictability and passiveness)?

I think there will be a LOT of takers.
It was written :hubie:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Any the first coach or player to say this either

Nope

This was 4 years ago. Not the same exact statement but same objective kind of wanting to test wideouts + passing game. You'd think Harbaugh & Co would have learned by now or have innovated a new game plan all this time

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Nope

This was 4 years ago. Not the same exact statement but same objective kind of wanting to test wideouts + passing game. You'd think Harbaugh & Co would have learned by now or have innovated a new game plan all this time

Not the same situation at all.In fact its the complete opposite

Titans forced the Ravens hand by stacking the box and we didn’t have the personnel to pass back then

Chiefs had 5 or 6 DB on the field at all times and played a 2 deep shell most of the game

they basically invited the Ravens to run the ball but we didn’t cause our dumb ass coaches thought we’d need 40 to win

Our coaches called the game like they expected the Chiefs to score on every drive instead of having faith in the defense