The 2024 Baltimore Ravens thread

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
so a special teams coach who has no knowledge of either side of the ball will end up coaching this team for 20 years?

Despite his playoff failings? Despite him freezing up everytime the team gets punched in the mouth? Who routinely blames coordinators and fires them when shyt goes sideways?

Dog..................

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
That’s what gets me. How do you spend your early coaching years under one of the greatest offensive minded coaches ever in Andy Reid and then after 16 years in one city yourself still not have any capacity to contribute on offense or defense?

Look at a guy like Erik Spoelstra who knew next to nothing on offense early on & who Dwayne Wade openly said was terrible at the start. His training camp for the 2010-11 squad they basically didn’t work on offense at all and a huge reason they lost in the finals was his lack of adjustments to what the other coach was doing and the terrible lineups he used. 2 years later he totally revamped his philosophy on offense, committed to playing small and spreading the floor with shooters, oversees the best offense in the league with no weaknesses in their rotation, and he goes blow for blow with maybe the greatest basketball coach of all time in the finals as his team goes back to back.

It takes humility that I just don’t see in Harbaugh to adjust like that.
His ego would make the devil proud. No humility anywhere in that guy.

You bringing up his time with Andy Reid. shyt, his time with assistants/consultants like Kubiak and too many more to list shows he took ZERO INTIATIVE in learning anything from these guys.

Even with McDonald leaving, history tells me Harbaugh has learned nothing from him that he can apply and the defense will have a major drop off.

Good coaches make use of the players at their disposal. Great coaches scheme good players into position to highlight their strengths, mitigate their weaknesses and can even get production out of mediocre players because of their scheme/system.

Harbaugh has no scheme or system because he doesn't take initiative in learning them. I don't know what Biscotti sees in him. His situational football IQ is lower tier, his lack of initiative is lower than whale shyt...I just don't understand how everyone with significantly more experience in football than me see it and even some fans see it, but Biscotti turns a blind eye or doesn't address it. Biscotti either hands off unless something aggretious happens, or he just as stubborn and lacking of humility as Harbaugh.

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
so a special teams coach who has no knowledge of either side of the ball will end up coaching this team for 20 years?

Despite his playoff failings? Despite him freezing up everytime the team gets punched in the mouth? Who routinely blames coordinators and fires them when shyt goes sideways?

Dog..................
Right. Biscotti is on record saying he wants to mimic the Steelers. We all know this, but they've only had 3 head coaches in the last 60 years.

Biscotti is so committed to that ideal of continuity in the HC position that he's blind to that fact he picked the wrong guy to be his HC.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
If they win the SB in 2011 Ray Lewis might have retired and Ray Rice has that 2012 SB hangover and comes back fat and out of shape a year earlier.

When was the last playoff loss you felt the Ravens gave it their best shot and the other team was just better? There's never one of those great back and forth games with Harbaugh/Lamar teams, it's always the Ravens offense being absolutely putrid the entire game and the coaches turning into imbeciles to throw the game away.
The last playoff game I can think of like that is the 2008 afc title game.

His ego would make the devil proud. No humility anywhere in that guy.

You bringing up his time with Andy Reid. shyt, his time with assistants/consultants like Kubiak and too many more to list shows he took ZERO INTIATIVE in learning anything from these guys.

Even with McDonald leaving, history tells me Harbaugh has learned nothing from him that he can apply and the defense will have a major drop off.

Good coaches make use of the players at their disposal. Great coaches scheme good players into position to highlight their strengths, mitigate their weaknesses and can even get production out of mediocre players because of their scheme/system.

Harbaugh has no scheme or system because he doesn't take initiative in learning them. I don't know what Biscotti sees in him. His situational football IQ is lower tier, his lack of initiative is lower than whale shyt...I just don't understand how everyone with significantly more experience in football than me see it and even some fans see it, but Biscotti turns a blind eye or doesn't address it. Biscotti either hands off unless something aggretious happens, or he just as stubborn and lacking of humility as Harbaugh.
It’s maddening. Meanwhile look how many guys Andy Reid has lost off his staff in Kansas City and Philadelphia while keeping his offenses top tier. Look how many guys Belichick lost off his staff while his defenses never slipped. Meanwhile we lose just Rex or Pagano and the defense loses 2-3 steps overnight. His clock management alone makes him borderline unviable as a head coach. That’s specifically what cost them the 2011 afc title game where he left the timeout in his pocket and rushed out the kicking unit to avoid a delay of game on what was a 32 yard kick instead of letting everyone get settled after a timeout. Addressing his situational awareness, he hardly even knows when is the right and wrong time to go for it on 4th down too. Even when they went for it on 4th and 1 Sunday and Lamar picked up a big run, it’s a huge risk to go for it on your own side of the field down 7 early in the game. Bisciotti is reminding me a lot of Hal Steinbrenner where he won’t fire Brian Cashman because he’s been there so long and likes continuity but isn’t considering if the guy he’s employing is actually good at his job. The Steelers can get away with having 3 coaches since the lunar landing only because they’ve all been great. Neither extreme is good, but it’s better to go all 1980’s George Steinbrenner or Al Davis than to keep the same guy around forever like this.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
They’d been playing like crap for weeks between the Philadelphia loss, the Kansas City win, and the Dallas win where they couldn’t put Dallas away but Dallas still missed the game winning kick only to find out that week that Ray tore his tricep and Webb tore his ACL. Then Suggs comes back against Houston and tears his bicep and they get their asses kicked. The reports all said that Harbaugh was the driving force in Reed and Pollard being gone. The phrase was “he wanted them back like he wanted a root canal”. Guys who played major leadership roles all gone.

Think about how thin the margin is this guy has been skating on for 11 years now. If Rahim Moore doesn’t go all Nelson Cruz in game 6 of the 2011 World Series, if Matt prater doesn’t swing his foot into the dirt 8-12 inches in front of the ball on his end of the half field goal attempt, if Denver’s receiver doesn’t juggle that pass into Corey Grahm’s hands, if Jimmy Smith doesn’t knock the ball out of Michael Crabtree’s hands at the 1 yard line, If 3 separate tiebreakers don’t go the ravens way in week 17 of 2014, if Flacco doesn’t give them a season ending excuse by tearing his ACL in 2015, if they don’t make that final stand in week 17 in 2018, if Lamar doesn’t get hurt in 2021 and 2022.

If any of those things go the other way, he’d be gone by now.
I forgot another for this list. If Ray Rice doesn’t convert a 4th and 28 vs the chargers when Flacco dumped it off on a goddamn 4th and 28 they miss the playoffs in 2012 as well. They were a couple plays away from missing the playoffs in 2012, 2014, and 2018 along with missing them in 2013 and 2015-17. Dangerously close to missing the playoffs 7 years in a row.

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I forgot another for this list. If Ray Rice doesn’t convert a 4th and 28 vs the chargers when Flacco dumped it off on a goddamn 4th and 28 they miss the playoffs in 2012 as well. They were a couple plays away from missing the playoffs in 2012, 2014, and 2018 along with missing them in 2013 and 2015-17. Dangerously close to missing the playoffs 7 years in a row.
Before Lamar got here, there were several years of middle of the road or one game above or below .500 seasons. shyttsburg in the same boat right now. They are a qb and a few other pieces away from being a 10-13 win team every year.

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps

And Seattle's owner is supposed to sell the team within the next 2 years. McDonald must really want out of Baltimore or whoever is advising him is giving him bad info.

New owner(s) could make his life hell and history has shown us that new owners come in chopping off heads...may not be right away, but it will happen.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
And Seattle's owner is supposed to sell the team within the next 2 years. McDonald must really want out of Baltimore or whoever is advising him is giving him bad info.
nikka was probably that disgusted with what the offense did in that AFCCG. His defense did their part. Shut out KC in the 2nd half. The OC fumbled by his trash gameplan in not using the run. Harbaugh cant be trusted because he either signed off on that trash gameplan or didnt have the nuts to step in and correct the situation.

Red Money

All Star
Daps
Lamar and Bisciotti both love Harbs so these great regular seasons followed by playoff heartbreak will continue for years to come :francis:

It's probably something wrong with the Hood Champion Lamar's mentality....he ain't like Cam Newton with the fancy words and articulation... :skip::pachaha:

Harbaugh's ego, arrogance and incompetence is the reason the Ravens keep stalling out in regular season games, the playoffs and have no resilience or fortitude in tough situations.

I don't see many blacks that like Harbaugh while slighting Lamar. If you're not a cac, you sure do have a cac's mentality.

Lamar might secretly hate himself :russ:

Rob's al Ghul

LOCKin' 'em down in the home of the Terrapins
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
410/301/202
Knew it was too good to be true. It's just not a Ravens offseason without a key assistant or several getting pilfered.

Do not let Dennard Wilson out of the Castle. He's (or should be) Mac's successor.