The 2024 Baltimore Ravens thread

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
biscotti has to read the league if the average coach in the nfl is 40 and they are innovated with schemes and game plans than why is he hold on to a 60 year dinosaur, that constantly gets out coached
I don’t think he gives a shyt

as long as the team is competitive and making money hes good

Last edited:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
not worth it to fire Harbaugh unless there is a young offensive stud available. Ben Johnson was hottest offensive coach and he is staying put. Only way to maximize Lamar is to give him his own Andy Reid. Josh Allen has the same problem with McDermett. Mahomes has the offensive coach. Even Burrow has a McVay disciple. Look how good Jordan love looked 2nd half of year with Lafluer. The only upgrade to me is an offensive mind for Lamar. Belicheck and Vrabel may be minor upgrades at best.
Belichick would bring Josh McDaniels who is just as good as any of these hyped up young OCs

edit: and calling Bill Belicheck a minor upgrade to John Harbaugh is actually insane :heh:

Last edited:

Red Money

All Star
Daps
Not the same situation at all.In fact its the complete opposite

Titans forced the Ravens hand by stacking the box and we didn’t have the personnel to pass back then

Chiefs had 5 or 6 DB on the field at all times and played a 2 deep shell most of the game

they basically invited the Ravens to run the ball but we didn’t

Exactly. But I will say Lamar didn't have the touch and confidence outside the numbers back then against the Titans...but I'm not rehashing that as Lamar made enough progress as a passer this season for me to get off his back. Now others are getting on his back because he reverted against the chiefs and saying my years old points that many turned a blind eye.

Anyways Lamar should be good going forward because he manages to learn something pretty much every year. BUT I would also like for Lamar to sit down with a sports psychologist like Brady, Manning, Kobe, Jordan etc did to help his decision making process.

Slightly off topic but Flacco said it was nothing he could tell Lamar during his rookie season. That's a lie...check down joe was a thing...telling Lamar once he developed as a passer he doesn't need the big play every time and he can hit underneath guys etc is crucial.

Red Money

All Star
Daps
Belichick would bring Josh McDaniels who is just as good as any of these hyped up young OCs

Yeah, He just shouldn't be a head coach at this time. He needs to grow and gain experience like Lane Kiffin had to do.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Lamar and Bisciotti both love Harbs so these great regular seasons followed by playoff heartbreak will continue for years to come :francis:
Lamar needs to worry about himself because realistically he has 2 more years before the narrative switches to “should the Ravens move on from Lamar”

and I guarantee you Harbs will toss Lamar to side quick to save his own job

It’s actually gonna hilarious if we end up getting rid of Lamar before Harbaugh but I can definitely see it happening

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Yeah, He just shouldn't be a head coach at this time. He needs to grow and gain experience like Lane Kiffin had to do.
Its over for McDaniels as a HC

I don’t see him ever getting another shot after his Broncos and Raiders performance

both times he lost the locker room quick af and the players hated him

hes gonna be a OC for a very long time which is perfect for us

Last edited:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Exactly. But I will say Lamar didn't have the touch and confidence outside the numbers back then against the Titans...but I'm not rehashing that as Lamar made enough progress as a passer this season for me to get off his back. Now others are getting on his back because he reverted against the chiefs and saying my years old points that many turned a blind eye.

Anyways Lamar should be good going forward because he manages to learn something pretty much every year. BUT I would also like for Lamar to sit down with a sports psychologist like Brady, Manning, Kobe, Jordan etc did to help his decision making process.

Slightly off topic but Flacco said it was nothing he could tell Lamar during his rookie season. That's a lie...check down joe was a thing...telling Lamar once he developed as a passer he doesn't need the big play every time and he can hit underneath guys etc is crucial.
This is why I want McDaniels

hes great at situational football and would help Lamar tremendously with his pre snap reads and decision making

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
We saw Buffalo run all over KC and there is no way they have a better run game than us. Why we refuse to run it down a teams throat when it's obvious we can I will never understand. It's the same thing every year.
I’ve said it to everybody for the last few years. Jesus Christ why is John Harbaugh seemingly untouchable? It’s clear as day he should be fired. They’ll wait until they regress next year to fire him. Ben Johnson would definitely leave Detroit to be Ravens HC.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Not the same situation at all.In fact its the complete opposite

Titans forced the Ravens hand by stacking the box and we didn’t have the personnel to pass back then

Chiefs had 5 or 6 DB on the field at all times and played a 2 deep shell most of the game

they basically invited the Ravens to run the ball but we didn’t cause our dumb ass coaches thought we’d need 40 to win

Our coaches called the game like they expected the Chiefs to score on every drive instead of having faith in the defense

True. For me, it's just more conceptually about jumping out to a lead first then getting into whatever it is you get into as a defense, banking on the fact that you won't be able to mount comeback. Like that stat about 20+ games without a comeback down by 10 in the 2nd half or whatever it was is fukkin' nuts

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
Nope

This was 4 years ago. Not the same exact statement but same objective kind of wanting to test wideouts + passing game. You'd think Harbaugh & Co would have learned by now or have innovated a new game plan all this time

History keeps repeating itself with this mfer and people are saying he’s not the problem:lolbron: you can bring in all the young oc’s you want but as long this egomaniac has the power to change a game plan this is what we will continue to get in the playoffs and that’s him getting out coached

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I wake up and see Dennard’s gone to TEN. :snoop:

Down to hoping the Commanders don’t hire Weaver or that some other team doesn’t give him a bag to be DC. Feels like Orr follows Mac or gets promoted somewhere else.
Yeah I was surprised about Dennard

Thought he’d either get our DC job or go to Seattle with McDonald to be the DC

Im actually hoping Washington gives Weaver the HC job so we can get 2 3rd round picks

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
That Zay Flowers stretch of fukkery still lingers.

That shyt was such a momentum killer. Need Andrews to return to form and MAYBE still seek out a #1 WR.

And Zay is still legit dont get me wrong, but Im still kinda surprised he got tackled on that deep pass. I thought once he cut back it was a score.

Reminds me of this tweet about the Texans game.

Breh gets too caught up in making juke moves instead of running straight. Could argue after the first cut he needed to just trust his speed.