The 2024 Baltimore Ravens thread

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
What's the most disappointing post season in Ravens history? 2006/07, 2008/09, 2011/12, 2014/15 or these 2023/24 playoffs? Other?

2006/07 Held Peyton Manning to 5 field goals and if McNair wasn't hurt and could throw more than 20yrds we win and go to AFC Title game.

2008/09 Rookie Flacco throws a late pic to Polamalu.

2011/12 Lee Evans and Billy Cundiff screw up in AFC Title game.

2014/15 defense blows two 14 points leads against Pats in divisional round...even though pats was cheating and refs didn't let our defense match subs.

Obviously this season Mahomes was held to 17 in AFC title game. And well Ravens Offense as a staff, label & a mafukkin crew blew it in AFC title game.
This one is the worst. Second time they’ve blown it as the 1 seed under Harbaugh and are at risk of their defense and coaching staff being gutted this offseason and there’s no injuries to blame. The coaching staff cooked up the worst gameplan that you could imagine after years of bad gameplanning in the playoffs. 2006 hurt but an old qb breaking down is a risk you always run. 2008 hurt, but they were out there with a rookie qb and a rookie coach. 2011 was real close. That one makes a good argument. 2014 was awful but I can’t see them beating both Indy and Seattle after the pats with the worst secondary in the league.

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps

+Zach Orr (DC Packers)

So, that would be four 3rd round comp picks if they all leave to be Defensive Coordinators for the 2025 draft right?

How you all feel about potentially losing these guys? I haven't looked at the 2025 draft yet.

I know Orr has been instrumental in the LB room and would definitely be missed. However, I do not know the other coaches impact on the team in terms of game planning, player development and strategy. Weaver might be the Assistant HC, but that's different from team to team/coach to coach.

Last edited:

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This one is the worst. Second time they’ve blown it as the 1 seed under Harbaugh and are at risk of their defense and coaching staff being gutted this offseason and there’s no injuries to blame. The coaching staff cooked up the worst gameplan that you could imagine after years of bad gameplanning in the playoffs. 2006 hurt but an old qb breaking down is a risk you always run. 2008 hurt, but they were out there with a rookie qb and a rookie coach. 2011 was real close. That one makes a good argument. 2014 was awful but I can’t see them beating both Indy and Seattle after the pats with the worst secondary in the league.
I'm 60% 2011, 40% this one. That Cundiff miss after the Evans drop really stings to this day. Ravens could've potentially went to back to back Superbowls and I doubt they would've lost either. Downside is, Harbaugh really would be praised even more so than he is now.

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
I'm 60% 2011, 40% this one. That Cundiff miss after the Evans drop really stings to this day. Ravens could've potentially went to back to back Superbowls and I doubt they would've lost either. Downside is, Harbaugh really would be praised even more so than he is now.
If they win the SB in 2011 Ray Lewis might have retired and Ray Rice has that 2012 SB hangover and comes back fat and out of shape a year earlier.

When was the last playoff loss you felt the Ravens gave it their best shot and the other team was just better? There's never one of those great back and forth games with Harbaugh/Lamar teams, it's always the Ravens offense being absolutely putrid the entire game and the coaches turning into imbeciles to throw the game away.

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
If they win the SB in 2011 Ray Lewis might have retired and Ray Rice has that 2012 SB hangover and comes back fat and out of shape a year earlier.

When was the last playoff loss you felt the Ravens gave it their best shot and the other team was just better? There's never one of those great back and forth games with Harbaugh/Lamar teams, it's always the Ravens offense being absolutely putrid the entire game and the coaches turning into imbeciles to throw the game away.
That's true. Ray may have retired. What makes you think Ray Rice would've came back out of shape?

Agree with you on the offenses inefficiency and horrible play calling/game planning.

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
That's true. Ray may have retired. What makes you think Ray Rice would've came back out of shape?

Agree with you on the offenses inefficiency and horrible play calling/game planning.
Because that's exactly what happened when they won the Superbowl. He reached the prize, slacked in the off-season, and was overweight and sorry the next year. He got back to old form by the following preseason before he went Rick James on his lady.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
for me its 2011 and its not even close

I think winning it the next year made some fans forget how devastating that L was but in the moment Ive never been more crushed as a fan

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I think winning it the next year made some fans forget how devastating that L was but in the moment Ive never been more crushed as a fan
Yeah 2011 was the worst, looks like we were going to slay the dragon in NE and then have a game winning drop and a missed fg :sadcam:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
+Zach Orr (DC Packers)

So, that would be four 3rd round comp picks if they all leave to be Defensive Coordinators for the 2025 draft right?

How you all feel about potentially losing these guys? I haven't looked at the 2025 draft yet.

I know Orr has been instrumental in the LB room and would definitely be missed. However, I do not know the other coaches impact on the team in terms of game planning, player development and strategy. Weaver might be the Assistant HC, but that's different from team to team/coach to coach.
You only get picks for minority GM or HC hires not coordinators so we’re not getting any picks unless Weaver gets the HC job in Washington

They’re gonna have figure something out quick tho

If McDonald leaves im sure he’s gonna take one of these guys with him to be his DC

Ravens need to figure out which one they’re keep

I figured they’d promote Weaver or Dennard but they’re allowing both to interview for other DC jobs which makes no sense to me

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
You only get picks for minority GM or HC hires not coordinators so we’re not getting any picks unless Weaver gets the HC job in Washington

They’re gonna have figure something out quick tho

If McDonald leaves im sure he’s gonna take one of these guys with him to be his DC

Ravens need to figure out which one they’re keep

I figured they’d promote Weaver or Dennard but they’re allowing both to interview for other DC jobs which makes no sense to me

:lupe:

Bout to get ugly.

Looks like Harbaugh sorry ass gonna get another alibi year that he might parlay into an extension if they make the playoffs after losing all these assistants.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Yeah 2011 was the worst, looks like we were going to slay the dragon in NE and then have a game winning drop and a missed fg :sadcam:
Absolutely a 50/50 tossup for me and both make great arguments with how many old guys were on the 2011 squad that it might’ve been their last chance. If they didn’t pull it out in 2012 after the ways they blew it in 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011, then I’d say for sure 2011 was worse. Historical comparisons I’d compare it to are games 6/7 of the 1988 or 2013 nba finals or games 6/7 of the 2011 World Series. Coming back the following year and thrashing them in their house probably doesn’t happen without that loss the same way the 1989 pistons, 2014 spurs, and 2015 royals so clearly used the previous year’s loss as fuel.

:lupe:

Bout to get ugly.

Looks like Harbaugh sorry ass gonna get another alibi year that he might parlay into an extension if they make the playoffs after losing all these assistants.
Making the playoffs in 2014 turned out to really hurt this team in the long run. Without all those tiebreakers going their way in week 17, they’d have missed the playoffs entirely 5 years straight from 2013-17. What coach survives that? The worst part is the coaches who actually are great can survive losing top assistants because they have some degree of knowledge on at least one side of the ball. Here we’re at the mercy of whatever coordinator they hire and this team loves hiring coordinators who crashed and burned someplace before here if not hiring a Belichick guy.

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Absolutely a 50/50 tossup for me and both make great arguments with how many old guys were on the 2011 squad that it might’ve been their last chance. If they didn’t pull it out in 2012 after the ways they blew it in 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011, then I’d say for sure 2011 was worse. Historical comparisons I’d compare it to are games 6/7 of the 1988 or 2013 nba finals or games 6/7 of the 2011 World Series. Coming back the following year and thrashing them in their house probably doesn’t happen without that loss the same way the 1989 pistons, 2014 spurs, and 2015 royals so clearly used the previous year’s loss as fuel.

Making the playoffs in 2014 turned out to really hurt this team in the long run. Without all those tiebreakers going their way in week 17, they’d have missed the playoffs entirely 5 years straight from 2013-17. What coach survives that? The worst part is the coaches who actually are great can survive losing top assistants because they have some degree of knowledge on at least one side of the ball. Here we’re at the mercy of whatever coordinator they hire and this team loves hiring coordinators who crashed and burned someplace before here if not hiring a Belichick guy.
Yup, seems like every year when we think we'll be free of this jackass, he gets bailed out. He's either playing chess or he's gotta be one of the luckiest HCs in the history of Baltimore sports. He probably would've been a hell of a defense attorney as good as he is at using any and everything to his advantage to keep his damn job.

Harbaugh looks so confused on the sidelines most games when he's not arguing with an official. It's pathetic that as long as he's been a HC, he still has not mastered either side of the football. What an inefficient "leader."

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Harbaugh looks so confused on the sidelines most games when he's not arguing with an official. It's pathetic that as long as he's been a HC, he still has not mastered either side of the football. What an inefficient "leader."
That’s what gets me. How do you spend your early coaching years under one of the greatest offensive minded coaches ever in Andy Reid and then after 16 years in one city yourself still not have any capacity to contribute on offense or defense?

Look at a guy like Erik Spoelstra who knew next to nothing on offense early on & who Dwayne Wade openly said was terrible at the start. His training camp for the 2010-11 squad they basically didn’t work on offense at all and a huge reason they lost in the finals was his lack of adjustments to what the other coach was doing and the terrible lineups he used. 2 years later he totally revamped his philosophy on offense, committed to playing small and spreading the floor with shooters, oversees the best offense in the league with no weaknesses in their rotation, and he goes blow for blow with maybe the greatest basketball coach of all time in the finals as his team goes back to back.

It takes humility that I just don’t see in Harbaugh to adjust like that.