The 2019 Baltimore Ravens Thread

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The defense needs anything and everything. This is the first season I ever felt embarrassed about our entire linebacker core. We usually have one or two who are good/great with the rest being decent. This year Judon is just decent and everyone else is garbage. I can't remember the last time we didn't have one good inside backer and one good edge rusher.

Oh well, we should've expected this when we let most of our best defensive starters leave in free agency.
Why exactly did they let all these key players leave again?

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
yeah I don’t understand why they don’t call plays for Hurst

they call a bunch of 5 yard outs and hitches for guys like Seth Roberts and Snead but dont even try to get then ball Hurst at all

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Why exactly did they let all these key players leave again?
They did the right thing

CJ or Zadarius not worth the contracts they got

they tried to resign Suggs but he wanted to move home and play for AZ

we got over 70 mill of cap space after this season
plus 12 draft picks

if none of the young guys step up this season they’ll be replaced in the offseason

I like what DeCosta is doing

He has us set up to make a 3-5 year superbowl run starting next year

krexzen

All Star
Daps
Agreed, but we couldn't expect them to pay Mosley 18m or pay Z 14m. They get no pressure up the middle to collapse the pocket, haven't since Ngata left, and the edge rushers just run themselves right out of the play :scust: From what I've seen in the all 22 film, the lbs are biting so hard on playactions that the safeties are usually caught out of position. It's like the lbs are screwing the secondary because they don't read well. This game is too fast at that level to be a step or two out of position.

I agree about 18m. I just wonder if we could've extended him earlier for less. Either way, we had three free agent linebackers who expressed interest to stay prior to the off season, but eventually grew disillusioned when the team stalled negotiations and left for their paydays. I really think we could've had one or two of them if we just tried for early extensions. When the Ravens really want to keep a player they usually extend them early or use the tag. The Ravens then compounded this problem by going the cheap and lazy route with McPhee and Shane Ray.

I hope DeCosta learns from this. Letting one or two guys go is fine, but not half the damn defense. He willfully allowed the #1 defense to walk out the door. I won't lie, I liked the signing of Earl Thomas, but it did bother me how shocked and unexcited Earl was when he signed. Usually good players want to play in our defense. With Earl it seemed that he's only signed here because we made him an offer he couldn't refuse. I think he's disappointed that a higher profile team didn't offer him the same deal.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
- Our push up front and pass rush is terrible. Knew when we lost Zadarius and Suggs that it would be hard to make up. We got away with it against bad teams but it really shows up vs good competition. Front office fukked up here big time

- Missing CJ in the middle. I like Peanut but think he’s too small to be honest. He’s good sideline to sideline tho.

- Earl and Tony are fukking up bad w the communication that’s why we’re blowing coverages. Marlon is a baller - very impressed w him

- Run game has been great but how many times can we use run to set up Andrews and Hollywood on intermediate and deep routes. All teams have caught on by now. Will we ever get WRs involved before we’re down big and desperate??

- Why have three TEs on active roster if we don’t throw Hurst a fukking pass or use Andrews as a decoy??
1.I agree,pass rush is terrible and it’s really nothing they can do until the offseason.Personally I would only play McPhee inside on obvious pass down and I’d give Bowser and Tim Williams as many snaps as possible to see if either is worth keeping after this season.Or put the rookie Jaylen Ferguson out there.He cant possibly be worse than what we’re seeing now

2.Peanut has been terrible so far.Kenny Young has been ok but bites way too hard on play action.They need to give Chris Board some snaps to see what he can do.One of Harbs biggest flaws has always been sticking with guys who aren’t getting it done over giving a young guy a chance

3.I wouldn’t put any of that on Jefferson.Its all on Earl.It really shows that dude has played in a cover 3 defense his whole career.Our defense is too complicated for him right now.He needs to play it safe and stop being so damn aggressive until he has the defense down.Dude has been killing us these past couple weeks.Even on the long td run from Chubb dude was out of position and took a horrible angle.He has been a huge disappointment so far.I was expecting a upgrade from Weddle but so far he’s been worse

4.Outside of Hollywood our WRs are trash.We just need to focus on running and call more passing plays to the TEs.

5.I agree 100%.We need to stop with all the 3 and 4 WR sets and do more 2 TE sets.They make it too easy for teams to defend us with bad play calling

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
1.I agree,pass rush is terrible and it’s really nothing they can do until the offseason.Personally I would only play McPhee inside on obvious pass down and I’d give Bowser and Tim Williams as many snaps as possible to see if either is worth keeping after this season.Or put the rookie Jaylen Ferguson out there.He cant possibly be worse than what we’re seeing now

2.Peanut has been terrible so far.Kenny Young has been ok but bites way too hard on play action.They need to give Chris Board some snaps to see what he can do.One of Harbs biggest flaws has always been sticking with guys who aren’t getting it done over giving a young guy a chance

3.I wouldn’t put any of that on Jefferson.Its all on Earl.It really shows that dude has played in a cover 3 defense his whole career.Our defense is too complicated for him right now.He needs to play it safe and stop being so damn aggressive until he has the defense down.Dude has been killing us these past couple weeks.Even on the long td run from Chubb dude was out of position and took a horrible angle.He has been a huge disappointment so far.I was expecting a upgrade from Weddle but so far he’s been worse

4.Outside of Hollywood our WRs are trash.We just need to focus on running and call more passing plays to the TEs.

5.I agree 100%.We need to stop with all the 3 and 4 WR sets and do more 2 TE sets.They make it too easy for teams to defend us with bad play calling

- After hearing some of the former players perspective on the topic, Harbaugh is all about the politics. Football and sports in general have no place for that shyt. If you're letting politics determine who is getting on the field, that means that the most talented guy may not get on the field.

- Lamar has to do a better job of spreading the ball around. It seems like he gets focused on Hollywood and Andrews at times. All qbs have a favorite receiver and Lamar is lucky to have two very capable receivers, but he's gotta do a better job of going through his progressions.

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Since the defense continues to have these "communication issues" just simplify the damn defense :damn: Line up in a dime or nickel on obvious passing downs and go man to man. Keep ET and TJ over the top covering their half of the field :win: Just keep it simple until these guys can figure this shyt out. Damnit, double the Y until Jimmy gets back and have someone roam the middle to prevent the slant, in, crossing and shallow seam routes. Wink is gonna have to figure out the pressure situation. I'm not getting paid to figure that shyt out too :damn:

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I don’t understand why they keep getting rid of players at the positions of most concern. Pass rush and guard depth players gone and they haven’t brought in one vet to bolster either position. This makes little sense. The contract is cheap and he wasn’t taking snaps away from anyone that brings more to the table.

Rob's al Ghul

LOCKin' 'em down in the home of the Terrapins
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
410/301/202
I thought we had a potential steal in this dude. He was one-dimensional, but you look at his college tape and he just dominated. Just never translated to this level.

Along with ^those names, I'd consider giving Marshall and Teo a look. Can't take much more of seeing Peanut trying to hold down the middle.

BTW, outside of Marlon, that '17 draft is looking real :patrice: now.