The 2019 Baltimore Ravens Thread

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Hollywood balled out today. I've never been more proud of a drafted receiver. Hopefully whatever he has rubs off on Boykin.
Boykins just doesnt have it

hes a terrible route runner with suspect hands and awareness

only thing he does well is block

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Low key..watching this game reminded me of why people thought they should sign Antonio Brown. Not saying he would have been eligible and not sure how he would have held on the days they were running the ball all game. However, this was the kinda game you needed him for.

Also is Hollywood Brown healthy? I didn't see near the after the catch burst I used to see at OU.
no hes not healthy

we've known all year we wouldnt see a 100% Hollywood until the 2020 season

hes only been playing about 20-30% of the offensive snaps all year

it takes over a year to fully recover from lisfranc surgery

it was the same for Jimmy the first year he came back from it and was getting burnt all the time

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I think yall just havent been in these situations enough times this year. lamar had what 50 attempts ? thats a lot for a team thats been incredibly run-heavy
you gotta have a plan when you get punched in the face and are forced to play a different way. a lot of coordinators fall victim to the 'we are going to do us and they wont be able to stop us'. shyt happens in football.

krexzen

All Star
Daps
Boykins just doesnt have it

hes a terrible route runner with suspect hands and awareness

only thing he does well is block

I was thinking this too. He just doesn't look like he has that dog inside of him. His demeanor reminds me of Clayton, but without Clayton's skill set.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man where do I start:hhh:

We were just thoroughly out coached and unprepared tonight:hhh:

Have to give props to the titans since their defense helped take away our biggest strengths and we didn't even prepare for it. No answer if they took away the rb dive, no answer (until too late) for the zone coverage against our TEs. Add to the fact we knew that Ingram ( I think him being hurt really messed us up bad) and Andrews were hurt, which adds to the fire.

Terrible clock management and decision making by harbs, which plays right into the titans gameplan and consistently giving them a short field. As ugly as the patriots game was, they played it better than we did and we had a better set of players to play the slow tempo game.:mjlol:

Honestly our D was a bad matchup for the titans O, they have a physical running game and have the receivers and qb to thrown down the field.

Lamar had some bad turnovers (second half), some meh throws that our TEs and WRs caught during the year but they had stone hands this game. Just uninspired gameplan overall. I hope with Roman this isn't SF all over again:francis: We gotta get some WRs that can stretch the field and not just Hollywood.

Defensively, our lack of a 4 man pass rush kinda caught up with us this game. But our weak run d finally showed up now that the offense couldn't chew up clock all the time. Wink's scheme and our run game made our d look better than what it is.

Overall I'm just :francis: Cause next year ain't going to be any easier.

krexzen

All Star
Daps
Like a lot of the teams we play, our defense was built to stop the pass. With our main competition and the league at large being pass happy, I can't blame the thinking. Just can't fall too far behind when going against a run dominant team.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I think yall just havent been in these situations enough times this year. lamar had what 50 attempts ? thats a lot for a team thats been incredibly run-heavy
you gotta have a plan when you get punched in the face and are forced to play a different way. a lot of coordinators fall victim to the 'we are going to do us and they wont be able to stop us'. shyt happens in football.
we just dont have the talent to make big comebacks yet

as you can see we only have 1 good WR

thats why the gameplan is so mindblowing to me

its not like we threw it alot after we got down

they came out throwing it alot :snoop:

we lost because we didnt do what we've been doing all year which is run the fukking football

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Man where do I start:hhh:

We were just thoroughly out coached and unprepared tonight:hhh:

Have to give props to the titans since their defense helped take away our biggest strengths and we didn't even prepare for it. No answer if they took away the rb dive, no answer (until too late) for the zone coverage against our TEs. Add to the fact we knew that Ingram ( I think him being hurt really messed us up bad) and Andrews were hurt, which adds to the fire.

Terrible clock management and decision making by harbs, which plays right into the titans gameplan and consistently giving them a short field. As ugly as the patriots game was, they played it better than we did and we had a better set of players to play the slow tempo game.:mjlol:

Honestly our D was a bad matchup for the titans O, they have a physical running game and have the receivers and qb to thrown down the field.

Lamar had some bad turnovers (second half), some meh throws that our TEs and WRs caught during the year but they had stone hands this game. Just uninspired gameplan overall. I hope with Roman this isn't SF all over again:francis: We gotta get some WRs that can stretch the field and not just Hollywood.

Defensively, our lack of a 4 man pass rush kinda caught up with us this game. But our weak run d finally showed up now that the offense couldn't chew up clock all the time. Wink's scheme and our run game made our d look better than what it is.

Overall I'm just :francis: Cause next year ain't going to be any easier.
next year wont be easier but we should have a much better team

us Raven fans knew the flaws and we've been saying it all year

the run game was just so dominant that it masked ALOT

Noah

All Star
Daps
I thought the Titans were better than their record all year and they are a legit good team with really sharp coaching. Baltimore's offensive gameplan was awful and Harbaugh made at least a half dozen questionable decisions throughout the game outside of the general gameplan. Really hard for me to put much blame on Lamar but his second interception was pretty bad and his body language was more negative/outwardly frustrated than I've seen all season. Not even gonna touch how the defense played outside of a couple series. Still got a lot of work to do this summer.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
we just dont have the talent to make big comebacks yet

as you can see we only have 1 good WR

thats why the gameplan is so mindblowing to me

its not like we threw it alot after we got down

they came out throwing it alot :snoop:

we lost because we didnt do what we've been doing all year which is run the fukking football
Even during the 2nd half they go away from it.

They kept trying to throw on 1st down. When the bread and butter is picking up 4 or 5 yards via the run and get the defense off balance. Some of those 4th and shorts don't happen if they run the ball.

However, next year the goal should not be for Lamar to run for 1000 yards. It should be to throw for close to 4000 yards.

I saw a bit of Kittle in Hurst game :jbhmm:

Lamar needs game reps pushing the ball down the field. Develop that skillset in case you ever get down a lot of points.

Low key this did feel very 49ers SuperBowl. Difference being Kaep/Roman got TDs to comeback.