The 2019-20 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Arenado is pissed. He wants to be traded. He feels disrespected and doesn't care what GM says

Rockies third baseman Nolan Arenado made it clear Monday he’s unhappy with the club.

After general manager Jeff Bridich told the Denver Post that he expected to begin 2020 “with Nolan in the purple and black and as our third baseman. So we can put this to bed …,” Arenado reacted via text to MLB.com.

“There’s a lot of disrespect from people there that I don’t want to be a part of,” Arenado said in a text. “You can quote that.”

In reaction to Bridich’s announcement, Arenado elaborated.

“You ask what I thought of Jeff’s quotes and I say I don’t care what people say around there,” Arenado said. “There is a lot of disrespect.”

Asked what was said that he found particularly disrespectful, Arenado said, "No. I won't get into the details."

He has a right to feel disrespected after being the best player in team history and having his name floated in trade rumors all winter

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
He has a right to feel disrespected after being the best player in team history and having his name floated in trade rumors all winter
Hard for me to feel bad when they just gave him 8/$260 million. :ld:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hard for me to feel bad when they just gave him 8/$260 million. :ld:
I dont know the story but most of the time it revolves around something like "make a commitment to a star player to surround him with talent...then let him languish on a loser"

That has been the Rockies way since inception.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I dont know the story but most of the time it revolves around something like "make a commitment to a star player to surround him with talent...then let him languish on a loser"

That has been the Rockies way since inception.
Exactly. I don't wanna hear the same whining from Trout (or Rendon) in a few years if the Angels are still trash.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Word is Redsox trying to package Price with Betts
So COL will pay Betts, but don’t want to continue paying Arenado? I don’t know the backstory as to why they’re trading him after signing the extension last year. Can somebody educate me?

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Exactly. I don't wanna hear the same whining from Trout (or Rendon) in a few years if the Angels are still trash.

those greedy b*stards wanted the bag (and got it) so they better not have shyt to say. And Mike HGH should be used to team mediocrity at this point. He has no issue teaching Rendon the ways of being on a trash squad, because let’s not at like the Nats were lighting it up consistently the past few years.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
those greedy b*stards wanted the bag (and got it) so they better not have shyt to say. And Mike HGH should be used to team mediocrity at this point. He has no issue teaching Rendon the ways of being on a trash squad, because let’s not at like the Nats were lighting it up consistently the past few years.
Iono, the Angels only need 2 pitchers to be good. I don’t think Ohtani will take the hill this season fresh off Tommy John.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
So COL will pay Betts, but don’t want to continue paying Arenado? I don’t know the backstory as to why they’re trading him after signing the extension last year. Can somebody educate me?

Colorado isn't trading for Betts :dahell:

Rockies were trying to trade Arenado because they "capped out" the team with bad relievers and a :flabbynsick: Blackmon and are trying to save some cash. Also, Arenado has an opt-out in two years so they're looking to get some value before he bounces

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown

Rockies were trying to trade Arenado because they "capped out" the team with bad relievers and a :flabbynsick: Blackmon and are trying to save some cash. Also, Arenado has an opt-out in two years so they're looking to get some value before he bounces
:lolbron: no wonder i was so confused....i misread the reply from @THASTUNNA there...my bad.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

He’s never opting out of that contract

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Its a travesty that Larry Walker is gonna miss out on the HOF cuz half of the writers are pure fukkn hypocritical idiots...

The Coors Field thing has been debunked as has the number of games played...I saw one mufukka voted Omar Vizquel over him and said it was based on sabermetrics :scust:

Half of these baseball writers need there ballots taken away.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its a travesty that Larry Walker is gonna miss out on the HOF cuz half of the writers are pure fukkn hypocritical idiots...

The Coors Field thing has been debunked as has the number of games played...I saw one mufukka voted Omar Vizquel over him and said it was based on sabermetrics :scust:

Half of these baseball writers need there ballots taken away.

I thought Larry was a no brainer, MVP, 3 time batting champ, had a 10 year stretch of .330 / .410 / .600 slash with a bunch of gold gloves

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I thought Larry was a no brainer, MVP, 3 time batting champ, had a 10 year stretch of .330 / .410 / .600 slash with a bunch of gold gloves

Dogg hes 1 of 10 players in MLB history to slash 300/400/500 for a career.

1 MVP,3 batting titles,7 AS games,4 GG,7 SS and a career war of 73.

But writers still wont put him in over "thin air" and games played,despite the fact hes played more games than dozens of first ballot HOFers and despite the fact 30% of his ABs were at Coors....Im not kidding some fakkit from Sacramento publicly showed his ballot leaving Walker off and including Omar Vizquel..and his reasons were based on adv metrics.I mean thats a baseball writer with a vote.

Its a travesty how disrespected he is amongst writers who simply wont read up and do there homework on the false talking points....