The 2019-20 MLB Hot Stove Thread

TrillaMonsoon

Fun God
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nation Of Fun
But to be fair, once I learned this fact, I hate the reason this is why the Twins are here

Taking questions from the audience, Griffith was asked why he brought the Twins to Minnesota from Washington, D.C., in 1961. Coleman wrote that Griffith answered the question with a criticism of Twin Cities sports reporters -- and then he changed direction, moving on to the subject that would dominate local headlines for days to come::

Coleman wrote "At that point Griffith interrupted himself, lowered his voice and asked if there were any blacks around. After he looked around the room and assured himself that his audience was white, Griffith resumed his answer. 'I'll tell you why we came to Minnesota,' he said. 'It was when I found out you only had 15,000 blacks here. Black people don't go to ball games, but they'll fill up a rassling ring and put up such a chant it'll scare you to death. It's unbelievable. We came here because you've got good, hardworking, white people here.' "

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But to be fair, once I learned this fact, I hate the reason this is why the Twins are here
Bruh he left as soon as dc became a chocolate city like he could forecast his ticket sales. Dc became a majority black city in the late 50’s and that bum left like like in 1961. I wasn’t shocked about that history when I read it back when the Nats first came to DC but it still saddened me.