The "1 Drop Rule" explained and how it's tied to AfroAmerican identity

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
African Americans embracing their blackness despite color is and always will be an act of resistance to white supremacy, not comparable to Dominicans who seek to disavow their blackness at all costs, as an act of cowardice and submission to the notion of white superiority. The fact that you would compare the two shows just how ignorant you are.

Too bad I can't tell my late great-grandmother who picked 50 pounds of cotton a day to feed her babies, because that was the only opportunity afforded to her as a black woman in the segregated South, how privileged she was because she was very light.

Don't forget, I saw you in that other thread, caping for that darker skinned sister who refused to be called black because she identified as Native.You had no problem postulating that she wasn't black even though she had visible SSA Ancestry and little phenotypical native features. Yet here you are, mad that people with visible European and SSA ancestry would call themselves black.

Which leaves me to believe that you have an issue with your own blackness full-stop. Why else would it bother you so that a biracial or light skinned person would embrace their blackness instead of shun it? Is your husband white? Your kids moolatte? Do you ship Olitz?

:mjlol: I'm just putting the pieces of the puzzle together. :ufdup:One last time, for real, stop quoting me.

:wow:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
OP have to be an agent, he made this thread on height of Rachel Dolezal circus.:heh:

If you accept obvious looking white people claiming black, you got self-hate period.:scust:

This thread should have been in the bushes.:camby:

No you're just too small minded to get we're the OP is getting at. He is not racially calling those mixed people "black".

Daps
Reppin
NULL
African Americans embracing their blackness despite color is and always will be an act of resistance to white supremacy

:mjlol:

How so.. I could counter and say that while claiming black, the octoroons and fair skinned mulattos still desire to have a higher social standing than their darker counterparts due to the amount of "true blood" flowing through their veins..... :mjpls:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Breh we're a people that are circling the drain if you haven't noticed. :yeshrug:

If we are not willing to make hard choices then.. well Garvey already talked about it.:manny:

Are you saying Garvey advocated "kicking people out" :word:?

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
:mjlol:

How so.. I could counter and say that while claiming black, the octoroons and fair skinned mulattos still desire to have a higher social standing than their darker counterparts due to the amount of "true blood" flowing through their veins..... :mjpls:

:mjpls:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The US government extending reparations to black slave descendants will bring out people's real view on blackness in America.

:whew:

/Thread

When gwap is involved...... watch how yall daddy switch up his ideology about race that yall clamoring to right now

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Are you saying Garvey advocated "kicking people out" :word:?

To the best of my knowledge, he never advocated that. But Garvey lived in a different time, a time where it was far easier for us to have UNITY. And when I said Garvey.. I was talking about making hard choices. Kicking people out isn't the only hard choice, we as a people have to make...

because like the man said....

"If you cannot do what other men have done, what other nations have done, what other races have done, THEN YOU HAD BETTER DIE!"

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where do you live niigga.

America.... The question is... where do you stay........? You can travel through any Hood in the U.S. of A. and see some shyt like that.... yall buggin.... big time......... I'm sure there are spots in Camden, Detroit, Memphis, Bham(know for a fact), East St.Louis....etc that look just like that picture..

Yall aint gotta lie to kick it......

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Why are yall trying to fully embrace an archaic ideology that was born from a diseased mindset........... I swear we aint gon never be shyt....

I think yall embracing this shyt just so yall can unabashedly chase pawgs with a guilt free conscious............ :mjpls:

nikkas think with their dikk too damn much. Either that or their fine with breeding out, and just want their grey goop spawn to have community backing. :mjpls:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
My opinion is not going to be the most popular opinion, but I find this thread interesting and it actually addresses some ideas I been thinking.

African-American=/=black. I'm going to get a lot of heat for that, but from what I've seen it is somewhat truth behind it. African American is the "ethnic group", while "black" is the race.

Its obvious that mixed/biracial people are not and will never will be "black".

But if we're addressing things in the "African-American" entity then yes mixed/biracial black people can be African-American. African-American is not a race, but an ethnic group.

Hope I didn't sound confusing.

It really isn't hard to get.

Only idiots, black foreigners and hoteps can't comprehend.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
My opinion is not going to be the most popular opinion, but I find this thread interesting and it actually addresses some ideas I been thinking.

African-American=/=black. I'm going to get a lot of heat for that, but from what I've seen it is somewhat truth behind it. African American is the "ethnic group", while "black" is the race.

Its obvious that mixed/biracial people are not and will never will be "black".

But if we're addressing things in the "African-American" entity then yes mixed/biracial black people can be African-American. African-American is not a race, but an ethnic group.

Hope I didn't sound confusing.

Mixed is one thing...but how many generations of mixture can you claim before claiming african american becomes non-sensical? Nowhere did I ever imply that aa were a pure ethnic group. But come on, look at the people that are posted in here do you honestly consider them part of the black experience in America? This is not a case of claiming biracials....this is is a case of claiming whites.

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Why are yall trying to fully embrace an archaic ideology that was born from a diseased mindset........... I swear we aint gon never be shyt....

How can you deny your roots? The Afram identity was formed and included people on a wide range of phenotypes/color spectrum. It's why this happens

iPf4vqo.jpg

Robyn Smith
Robyn has been researching her family and others for 17 years. An engineer by day, Robyn applies those research and problem-solving skills to the field of genealogy. She specializes in Maryland research, African-American and slave research and court records. Robyn has a strong interest in promoting the documentation of families and communities, and emphasizing the use of proper genealogical standards in our research. Robyn teaches an Advanced African-American Genealogy class part-time at Howard Community College in Columbia, MD, lectures locally and publishes articles in local genealogy journals. She is also the author of a genealogy blog called "Reclaiming Kin" which can be viewed at http://msualumni.wordpress.com.

http://msa.maryland.gov/msa/homepage/html/festival_lecture.html

..because she has fair skinned black ancestors who look like...

Oq6kFLi.jpg

http://www.reclaimingkin.com/maternal-ancestors/

Z2hW2iS.jpg

http://www.reclaimingkin.com/criminals-in-the-family-joseph-harbour/

I guess Tupac isn't black:russ:

eMLOK.jpg

because he has white/mulatto ancestors

The Ancestors of Tupac Shakur (1971-1996)

xt6ceRe.png

http://www.wargs.com/other/shakur.html

I think yall embracing this shyt just so yall can unabashedly chase pawgs with a guilt free conscious............ :mjpls:

Why does everything gotta be sexually related? Afram's didn't form as a group restricted to any ideas of only including people who in the Anthro world look like "true negroes".

vz7Wsjx.jpg

ePkbTUK.jpg

uytwTmQ.jpg