The "1 Drop Rule" explained and how it's tied to AfroAmerican identity

-----

This account was for entertainment purposes only.
Daps
Reppin
Paradise
If you can pass for white then you are not black. A black person doesn't have the luxury to put on or take off their race at their convenience. These whites that you posted had access to things that visibly black people would not. It's admirable they 'chose' to be seen as black but actually blacks don't have that luxury. That's where we differ in opinion....

Why are you still arguing something that has nothing to do with your reality your but everything to do with are history? You dont even live in the states? Again worry about Togoland.:sitdown:

Will yall STOP ENGAGING THIS TROLL!!

-----

Daps
Reppin
Paradise
NTYwZWZkZmZiYiMvWEsyTXVVbVc0Q1M0a0FxQ2dfYmJvVXR0MHZNPS8weDA6NjQ4eDU5Ny9maWx0ZXJzOnF1YWxpdHkoNzApL2h0dHBzOi8vczMuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9wb2xpY3ltaWMtaW1hZ2VzLzk3NTgzZmE4MmM2NzBjYmFiYzgzM2Y4ZjExNTUzYmZlMGEwNmFmZGYzZWZjZTI5OTk1NjliOTBlMTlmMzk1OGEuanBn.jpg

The broad L@@ks PR or DR but not lets front like we all didnt grow up with people who have this phenotype but Identify as black american.

-----

Daps
Reppin
Paradise
African Americans embracing their blackness despite color is and always will be an act of resistance to white supremacy, not comparable to Dominicans who seek to disavow their blackness at all costs, as an act of cowardice and submission to the notion of white superiority. The fact that you would compare the two shows just how ignorant you are.

Too bad I can't tell my late great-grandmother who picked 50 pounds of cotton a day to feed her babies, because that was the only opportunity afforded to her as a black woman in the segregated South, how privileged she was because she was very light.

Don't forget, I saw you in that other thread, caping for that darker skinned sister who refused to be called black because she identified as Native.You had no problem postulating that she wasn't black even though she had visible SSA Ancestry and little phenotypical native features. Yet here you are, mad that people with visible European and SSA ancestry would call themselves black.

Which leaves me to believe that you have an issue with your own blackness full-stop. Why else would it bother you so that a biracial or light skinned person would embrace their blackness instead of shun it? Is your husband white? Your kids moolatte? Do you ship Olitz?

:mjlol: I'm just putting the pieces of the puzzle together. :ufdup:One last time, for real, stop quoting me.

Exactly. Please neg her.

-----

Daps
Reppin
Paradise
You and your brehs justification for calling white people black is weak simply put. I have not heard one honest/reasonable argument presented for upholding one drop rule today. Whites were indentured servants, not far removed from slaves. I don't agree that struggle/discrimination equates the black experience. That's the recurrent conclusion that I see made. No one wants to broach the subject on when having one drop of black blood doesn't cut it anymore. All the arguments are cyclical...I predict that as biracials/mixed looking people increase in number, black americans will be forced to redefine the black identity. And since so much of being black depends on whites characterization of blackness I suspect that, it will change in time. It's not hard to absorb a nearly white person into the white collective, black grenes aren't that strong when they have been severely diluted to being almost unrecognizable. When whites will start embracing openly white lookibg 'blacks' I sure hope the black commubity has more ammo than 'y'all would have been slaves too in 19 th century america'.

And where does an African living in Canada fit in this arguement?

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
Why are you still arguing something that has nothing to do with your reality your but everything to do with are history? You dont even live in the states? Again worry about Togoland.:sitdown:

Will yall STOP ENGAGING THIS TROLL!!
The same nikkas who make these type of posts are the same ones who are always up in the Caribbean, Dominican, Latin American, Haitian, African, Brazilian threads. :mjlol:

fukking hypocrites. :francis:

-----

Daps
Reppin
Paradise
Nope it isn't never claimed to be. The state of Togo is way more complex than what you see on a single picture. The story of blacks around the world...lack of leadership/incompetence and easily corruptible. I am not above criticizing any black group that deserves it. Africans are not an exception just cause I am one.

In otherwords your argue hold absolutely NO weight and you know this.:beli::camby:

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
NTYwZWZkZmZiYiMvWEsyTXVVbVc0Q1M0a0FxQ2dfYmJvVXR0MHZNPS8weDA6NjQ4eDU5Ny9maWx0ZXJzOnF1YWxpdHkoNzApL2h0dHBzOi8vczMuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9wb2xpY3ltaWMtaW1hZ2VzLzk3NTgzZmE4MmM2NzBjYmFiYzgzM2Y4ZjExNTUzYmZlMGEwNmFmZGYzZWZjZTI5OTk1NjliOTBlMTlmMzk1OGEuanBn.jpg

The broad L@@ks PR or DR but not lets front like we all didnt grow up with people who have this phenotype but Identify as black american.
Yup she's representative of the average aa:pachaha:
Everyone has a mama/aunt/cousin/grandma/sister that looks just like her:rudy: but I am the troll mmkay.

-----

Daps
Reppin
Paradise
Everyone has a mama/aunt/cousin/grandma/sister that looks just like her:rudy: but I am the troll mmkay.

:ehh: 12-15% easily. Especially some of the bigger cities in the US with high Black American populations.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

The point is that she represents an identifiable portion of Aframs even if she isn't the most avg of averages. The most average of Aframs aren't dark as Don Cheadle, Garnett and Cedric Burnside but that doesn't make them any less of an Afram

K8DfFOM.jpg

8l6KsBT.jpg

sIaZPCQ.jpg

.....it just further illustrates the range of phenotypes/shades we come in and regardless of how non-stereoetypical "African" we may look, we will still have our "black" identity:blessed:

lE8ZOwZ.jpg

Most Aframs will have some relatives/ancestors who are of the lighter types outside of probably Gullah-Geechee, Aframs and certain rural-deep south parts.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
:mindblown: @ whoever thinks that

I was just thinking, some of these people probably think Common and Chaka Khan ain't "Black" based on what they/their family looks like:russ:

Common

Click here to view the original image of 724x482px.
XnBY2ZH.jpg

His parents

Click here to view the original image of 724x997px.
nVhtlJI.jpg

Click here to view the original image of 724x1112px.
RpZI56j.jpg

Chaka Khan

Her sister and father

Click here to view the original image of 553x576px.
4vElYGz.jpg