That's not my Ariel!!! Asia rejects the Little Mermaid at the box office

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
Hilarious this folks have made their biases clear for a while at this point is idiotic to act surprised or be shocked at this

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
Doesn't matter, at the end of the day (this weekend) TLM will be known as a box office hit whether racists like it or not :yeshrug:

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Not to be pessimistic but is that a bad thing?

I mean I get the agenda OP is trying to paint but didn't US cinema usually make the majority of its money and revenue off the domestic box office and not internationally? So the argument about Asia rejecting this movie is rooted in some form of bad faith Asian racism imo

I think OP is trying to paint Asia or more specifically China as racist but also say the movie is flopping internationally

It's a pathetic bait thread

Most American movies nowadays make most of their money internationally as opposed to nationally. In fact Black Panther (the 1st one) was one of the few movies that made most of it money domestically than internationally. Same thing with Wakanda Forever.

Along with the Dark Knight.

And even films that are supposedly so racially diverse like Fast and Furious make most of their money internationally and wouldn't be profitable without that market. Which is probably why they've added more white stars than Black ones over the years. And is primarily a white heavy franchise instead of a Black one. :mjpls:

Daps
Asians preferring to see Asian stars makes sense. Why are they opposed to Black people being the lead in a race neutral movie over a white person?

That's like Black people saying we prefer Puerto Rican lead actors over Mexican lead actors.

Is it anti-black, self hate by Asians or just loving white people?

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Really?

This film will get plenty of streams this Memorial Day weekend. Big uproar when it was released because even though it depicted Black war heroes, there was not 1 depiction, reference, or even a photo shown of a Black woman in the film.
An inter racial love story was included, though

RED_IA_73400_R-1-480x733.jpg

Not even the same shyt and you know it. :martin:

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Yes, Red Tails was based on real life events and inspired by real black people.

Other than that, how is the example I used different than what the poster claimed that "Disney would never do"?

:skip:
Because it's based on real-life events about a black fighter squadron. :comeon:

The only reason why them actor dudes were black was because they had to be.

Anytime they can go off and make some shyt it's either black cuck friend, sassy gay black man, or Team #NoN!kkas. :stopitslime:

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Hollywood went TOO FAR with this movie.

There is a black bedwench Queen who has a WHITE “son” who is the prince. Her NEW partner is also an ASIAN Man.

You then have a White Male Sea King who has 2 black daughters and a bunch of other non white daughters.

Then of course the Black daughter gets with the WHITE PRINCE.

ALL the black men were either SERVANTS, MERCHANTS or FISHERMAN :mjpls:

This wasn’t no damn “movie” this was a FULL ON ASSAULT on the black family unit and black men via media PROPAGANDA.
Negged

You all need to start putting spoilers in here for movies.