Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps

put her in the main role they'd have it #1 in the boxoffice*

Nah, she's already filming that new Alien movie. :hhh:

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
Movie made Ariel black but kept Eric white.

They should have made him Asian or something and just mixed everything up. Make Eric's mom white and the dad Black etc. Go full multicultural.

Problem with American movies is that they go Political Multicultural. So....that means white men with every race of women. Sometimes it's Black women with different races of non-white men....but Black men are invisible unless there's a Black female lead or the breh is a eunuch being friend zoned by Becky while she waits on Brad.
Even in the “Black” animated film, The Princess and the Frog, they couldn’t even draw a Black Prince.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Nobody's fukking with this movie, not even the coli

The Coli is the last fukking platform I'll use as a sample size to judge on rather or not a product is good or bad. :mjlol:

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
The Little Mermaid was one of my least favorite Disney movies growing up so I don't get all noise grown ass people are having for a fukking kid's movie

The original was ass to begin with

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
How did it flop?

It's underperformed expectations. Movie successes and flops aren't based on whether they're the number one movie they're based on how much money is made vs how much money was spent. All the trades have said the movie is bad and it has made less money than expected.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Saw it with my lil sister yesterday

I understand where the hate from miserable fukks and racists will come into play. Even their racist children might not feel it completely

But it wasn’t bad imo. Her singing was great, probably the best thing about the movie imo (none of the other songs were memorable unless her voice was a part of it), but it wasn’t bad. She did well

The fact it was based in the Atlantic/Carribean made the racial clusterfukk Disney was going for make more sense. They did give the asians their moments in it too (specifically the Awkafina bird who was literally a bird.. but the part suited her).

The crab was probably the funniest character and got a lot of laughs.

For a kids movie I think most kids will enjoy it.

She’s definitely the best singer Disney ever had in a live action movie. By far. Probably the best live action movie for Disney too aside from Jungle Book.

She’s also a very cute chick. She doesn’t deserve the hate about her looks. If the movie fell off it was probably because of it’s lack of original songs for her to sing. I only recognized 2 of the original songs and she only had the main part in one. I don’t even remember watching the cartoon so not even sure if that movie only had a few songs Ariel actually sang. The rap was cringe

Note: Theater was packed and we barely found seats because we went last minute (like 40 minutes before it began). And we were DEFINITELY not in a black area.. I think we might’ve been the only black people in the entire movie theater.

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
It's underperformed expectations. Movie successes and flops aren't based on whether they're the number one movie they're based on how much money is made vs how much money was spent. All the trades have said the movie is bad and it has made less money than expected.

LOL. The movie is doing way better than expected and will definitely turn a huge profit.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
Be surprised a country with a disproportionate amount of males, and another country with an aging population didn't get up to go watch Little Mermaid breh