That's not my Ariel!!! Asia rejects the Little Mermaid at the box office

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
It's underperformed expectations. Movie successes and flops aren't based on whether they're the number one movie they're based on how much money is made vs how much money was spent. All the trades have said the movie is bad and it has made less money than expected.

Be surprised a country with a disproportionate amount of males, and another country with an aging population didn't get up to go watch Little Mermaid breh
:mjgrin: Y’all really don’t know what the fukk y’all talking about.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The movie is flopping due to Asia rejection of the film. In North America, Europe and Latin America the film is doing solid numbers.

The movie is goona need crazy legs domestically and in Europe and Latin America to make up the Asia deficit.

$200 million in 5 days will never be a flop.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
:mjgrin: Y’all really don’t know what the fukk y’all talking about.

Considering for what this was and the racial bullshyt, that’s pretty good.

It’s not a very memorable movie but one thing everyone will remember is that homegirl got some pipes on her. If you respect art and music, you will like her

Hitchens

Pro
Daps
$200 million in 5 days will never be a flop.
The movie budget is 250 million. For a movie to breakeven it need to make 2x- 2.5x its budget. So the Little Mermaid need to make 500-625 million to breakeven. The movie is only on track to do Antman Quantamania numbers (470 million) globally. Unless the movie has crazy legs like Black Panther or Top Gun Maverick, this movie will struggle to breakeven. Asia killed this film profitability.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Okay.

Whatever.

I mean, you make Bruce Banner into a 4’11 North Korean motherfukker and I wouldn’t give a shyt about the Hulk either.

I get that movies try to make money but you can only kowtow so much to a$$holes around the world.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Okay.

Whatever.

I mean, you make Bruce Banner into a 4’11 North Korean motherfukker and I wouldn’t give a shyt about the Hulk either.

I get that movies try to make money but you can only kowtow so much to a$$holes around the world.
Does that make you a racist a$$hole?

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
I don’t think so.
But the point is, make the movie you want.

If I don’t watch it, so what?
If Ming Ling doesn’t watch it, so what?

Everything isn’t for everybody.
I got your point and 100% agree...

I asked the question because according to Disney and their media NPCs you are a racist a$$hole for rejecting a 4’11 North Korean motherfukker cast as the Hulk...

hu3ypdadon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The movie was amazing! Happy I watched it with my family. Watched it in 3d too which made it even better..definitely a beautiful movie

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What if we stopped buying shyt that’s made in China/Japan?

Fukk them.
tenor.gif

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The movie budget is 250 million. For a movie to breakeven it need to make 2x- 2.5x its budget. So the Little Mermaid need to make 500-625 million to breakeven. The movie is only on track to do Antman Quantamania numbers (470 million) globally. Unless the movie has crazy legs like Black Panther or Top Gun Maverick, this movie will struggle to breakeven. Asia killed this film profitability.
Not really understanding your logic here. Are you saying that if a movie doesn't make twice its profit in the first week it won't' make it long-term? According to the numbers you stated, this movie only needs to be out for 5 more days to break even. And that's only after a week. Kids love watching things over and over. This trend of predicting if a movie is flopping in the first five days when it makes back over half of its production costs is bizarre. People did this with Captain Marvel. It didn't make the money to cover its production costs in its first week and the internet declared it a flop. After six months it's one of the highest, even not the top 3 highest-grossing films for Marvel. Simply put, declaring it a flop now is really really premature.