That's not my Ariel!!! Asia rejects the Little Mermaid at the box office

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Weird because they’ll show plenty of movies with black leads.

They released the movie day one online, so the box office numbers won’t be so great

Daps
Reppin
St louis
fukk every last one of them
godless zipper faced mutants.
UKVu0t8.gif

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Nobody's fukking with this movie, not even the coli

Hollywood went TOO FAR with this movie.

There is a black bedwench Queen who has a WHITE “son” who is the prince. Her NEW partner is also an ASIAN Man.

You then have a White Male Sea King who has 2 black daughters and a bunch of other non white daughters.

Then of course the Black daughter gets with the WHITE PRINCE.

ALL the black men were either SERVANTS, MERCHANTS or FISHERMAN :mjpls:

This wasn’t no damn “movie” this was a FULL ON ASSAULT on the black family unit and black men via media PROPAGANDA.

Daps
Movie made Ariel black but kept Eric white.

They should have made him Asian or something and just mixed everything up. Make Eric's mom white and the dad Black etc. Go full multicultural.

Problem with American movies is that they go Political Multicultural. So....that means white men with every race of women. Sometimes it's Black women with different races of non-white men....but Black men are invisible unless there's a Black female lead or the breh is a eunuch being friend zoned by Becky while she waits on Brad.

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I live in Japan. Asians don’t see movies like that unless it’s a recognizable IP like local animation, detective dramas or Marvel/Tom Cruise flicks. shyt I don’t even go to movies here because it’s so expensive and movie theaters here are old and out of date.. I’d rather buy it on streaming. Little mermaid is like 50 years old, it doesn’t carry that sort of cache in Asia. Fast and the Furious franchise is all Black and Mexican peoples and those make bank here because Japanese like cars.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black panther did very well in Asia.

Black Panther had that Marvel rub first go round. Chinese audiences didn't like it, and the sequel made even less over there when it finally released.
BP made most of it's money on American shores. It might end up being the same case for this film here.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Black Panther had that Marvel rub first go round. Chinese audiences didn't like it, and the sequel made even less over there when it finally released.
BP made most of it's money on American shores. It might end up being the same case for this film here.
Not to be pessimistic but is that a bad thing?

I mean I get the agenda OP is trying to paint but didn't US cinema usually make the majority of its money and revenue off the domestic box office and not internationally? So the argument about Asia rejecting this movie is rooted in some form of bad faith Asian racism imo

I think OP is trying to paint Asia or more specifically China as racist but also say the movie is flopping internationally

It's a pathetic bait thread

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
I live in Japan. Asians don’t see movies like that unless it’s a recognizable IP like local animation, detective dramas or Marvel/Tom Cruise flicks. shyt I don’t even go to movies here because it’s so expensive and movie theaters here are old and out of date.. I’d rather buy it on streaming. Little mermaid is like 50 years old, it doesn’t carry that sort of cache in Asia. Fast and the Furious franchise is all Black and Mexican peoples and those make bank here because Japanese like cars.
Little mermaid was maid 1989 :dead: