THATS how "The Last of Us" ends????

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
[quote="Microfracture, post: 7404570, member: 77"]I was surprised but only because it ended so abruptly. There's nothing else they could've added to the game at that point, it was clearly over. The whole game was already great, plenty of tension, action and story.

I'll be disappointed if there isn't a sequel with these characters. It seems like they invested a lot into their development just for them to leave the lie Joel told Ellie as the last we see of them.[/quote]

^^^this.....i think thats what caught me off guard the most.....it just left me like :dahell:.....and i hardly give games any reply value...once i'm done with it i move on to the next....so i need that closure...

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
IMO the only ending this gen that was better was the ending to Read Dead Redemption

"My Pa knew Landon Rickets, FRIEND! :pacspit:"

Last edited:

iamstr8fire

Apex Predator
Daps
Reppin
In The Thunder and Rain
This game was so fukking beautiful brehs....playing this shyt in the dark with the volume on blast on surround :wow:
nikka far from a bytch but had plenty bytchmade moments playin this shyt :wow:
Them damn clickers :damn:

The story/tension/character depth...:wow: EASILY top 10 game of last gen, possibly of all time :wow:

I started the dlc last night and when I heard the first clicker I was :sadbron:

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
Somebody spoil the addon package for me. I finished the main story but i'm not looking to play the extension.

Just finished it. The DLC begins when Ellie is looking for medicine for Joel after he gets impaled. She reminiscences about the last day she spent with her friend Riley who was a Firefly. The stories are connected because Ellie doesn't want to lose someone close to her again.

They spend a day in the mall, share a kiss and ultimately fight their way thru infected. In present time Ellie fights against enemies looking for her and Joel in the mall. Back on memory lane both Ellie and Riley get bitten and both decide to go on until the end.

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
I think im going to play this game again with my new elite headphones. The tension was great in this game. Especially when giving work. Those final battles with the fireflies really test all your skills.
You have given yourself over to the demons.
Play games filled with foul language and human slaughterings at the push of a button and preach righteousness online brehs :sas2:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
You have given yourself over to the demons.
Play games filled with foul language and human slaughterings at the push of a button and preach righteousness online brehs :sas2:
Its important to become familiar with the demonic realm and this game has a very interesting story regarding human nature that mature audiences can engage in. We're adults here, friend.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Leaves it open for a sequel :lupe:.....

or not :dwillhuh:

but that's what makes it great

the whole last part leading to the finish was amazing, you're on drugs if you think otherwise.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I've gone into detail on the ending in older threads about it. I've always thought it was brilliant (and I consider everything from Elle getting caught up with that psycho pedo cat on a part of the big ending reveal) but after taking a step back and really thinking about it...it'd be funny if the only reason they went with this seriously profound ending, that has sparked debate and discussion and character exploration, was because a cure eliminates a lot of their options for a sequel. :mjlol:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Like I said, I understand the sentiment and I can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing:manny: Just don't think it was his right to make a decision that effects mankind.

There wasn't anyone like Ellie before, either. That's a common mistake that was made by a lot of people when listening to the Surgeon's recording:
Surgeon's recording
"April 28th. Marlene was right. The girl's infection is like nothing I've ever seen. The cause of her immunity is uncertain. As we've seen in all past cases, the antigenic titers of the patient's Cordyceps remain high in both the serum and the cerebrospinal fluid. Blood cultures taken from the patient rapidly grow Cordyceps in fungal-media in the lab... however white blood cell lines, including percentages and absolute-counts, are completely normal. There is no elevation of pro-inflammatory cytokines, and an MRI of the brain shows no evidence of fungal-growth in the limbic regions, which would normally accompany the prodrome of aggression in infected patients. We must find a way to replicate this state under laboratory conditions. We're about to hit a milestone in human history equal to the discovery of penicillin. After years of wandering in circles we're about to come home, make a difference, and bring the human race back in control of its own destiny. All of our sacrifices and the hundreds of men and women who've bled for this cause, or worse, will not be in vain."

People take the past cases part as meaning past cases of immunity when it means just past cases of infection.
that decision was already made tho. mankind was doomed cuz even if a cure was found, man is inherently evil. therefore, finding a cure wouldn't have prevented further death either way.

plus if mankind's card was up, it was its time to go (that's if you think about it realistically.) We're a species just like everything else on this earth. we too can become extinct :lupe:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
that decision was already made tho. mankind was doomed cuz even if a cure was found, man is inherently evil. therefore, finding a cure wouldn't have prevented further death either way.

plus if mankind's card was up, it was its time to go (that's if you think about it realistically.) We're a species just like everything else on this earth. we too can become extinct :lupe:
Of course finding a cure wouldn't prevent further death. Humans have been killing each other for centuries before the virus outbreak. But what does that have to do with the goal of saving our species? Man isn't inherently evil. Maybe inherently selfish, but evil (besides being an ethical concept that's hard to prove) is more so a product of circumstance. Finding a cure would have taken away a lot of the circumstances that drove a lot of people to doing evil things. While I agree that if it was our time to go there would be nothing we could do about it, at the end of the game there clearly was something we could do to prevent that. It's not like an asteroid struck the planet and we were fukked regardless. Humanity has been ravaged by plagues and viruses for a long time. Cures have been found and we've endured.