THATS how "The Last of Us" ends????

Statik

King Of Kings.
Daps
Yeah, I'm going with the happier interpretation. Wish I never read that though :to: Since he's the creative director, it's like what he says makes it feel like a true ending even though it's open for everybody

Neil said once that ''what you believe matters, your interpretation''. he even said, he would do the same thing Joel did and the risks he made for Ellie is worth it. plus in the new DLC it gives you another understanding of the ''Okay'' line (everyone on reddit is saying this and their right). when Riley gives her speech about keep living etc. it mirrors what Joel said at the ending of the main campaign so she accepts the lie. If Ellie ever found out the truth, she would understand his feelings because when Ellie told ''dont go'' it also mirrors Joels situation. its great how Naughty Dog is able to give us more storytelling like to interpret in are own way. bravo!!

In the end. if she does leave him i believe would have gone back to Joel anyway, there bond is too strong.

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Ay. I can't be the only one who was surprised that

They both lived. I thought at least Joel would die

I thought it was the end of the game when
Joel fell off the horse after getting pierced by that steel bar. Then it makes you play Ellie and I'm playing waiting for the credits to roll up any minute until I find out she needs medicine for Joel.
:dead:

Batman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Fireflies were dumb as fukk I'd trust a US Army surgeon over them, not some rebel faction with a high specimen body count.

They didn't draw no blood, see if her bites affect, people, nothing. No research, scoop out her brain and that's it. No respect for Joel and Ellie who went through hell to get there.

I liked Sam and Henry though, their dynamic resembled me and brother's. I know I would have smacked him upside the head for picking up useless toys.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I think im going to play this game again with my new elite headphones. The tension was great in this game. Especially when giving work. Those final battles with the fireflies really test all your skills.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Incredible game and I loved the ending. I totally related to Joel and the decision he made but also looked at it similar to the ending of I Am Legend (the book and sorta in a "requires explanation" way the alternate ending of the film).
Joel is more like the villain than the hero to just about anyone he encounters. He imposes his will on everyone else regardless of what it means for anyone but himself.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Incredible game and I loved the ending. I totally related to Joel and the decision he made but also looked at it similar to the ending of I Am Legend (the book and sorta in a "requires explanation" way the alternate ending of the film).
Joel is more like the villain than the hero to just about anyone he encounters. He imposes his will on everyone else regardless of what it means for anyone but himself.
:whoo: when Ellie comes into her own vs that cannibal town. :whoo:

Phlipside

all day everyday
Daps
Reppin
Brick City
I recently ended this game too
and agree that the ending leaves you
feeling unfulfilled
when ellie said "ok" and it just went to the credits
it felt like a movie that was doing great until the end
because the writers couldn't figure out how to end it
a good game none the less but NOT an epic game

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
I was surprised but only because it ended so abruptly. There's nothing else they could've added to the game at that point, it was clearly over. The whole game was already great, plenty of tension, action and story.

I'll be disappointed if there isn't a sequel with these characters. It seems like they invested a lot into their development just for them to leave the lie Joel told Ellie as the last we see of them.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:whoo: when Ellie comes into her own vs that cannibal town. :whoo:
Thats why i agreed with Joels decision.
It becomes clear halfway through the game that it isnt' really the infected that are the threat but these backwards backwoods survivalists.
They could've isolated and wiped out all the sick if society had stayed intact. A cure wasnt gonna do anything to help that.

A.V.

reTIreMEnt: THE ALBUM (01/22) ALL DSPs
Daps
Reppin
#AnyCityGang

This game was so fukking beautiful brehs....playing this shyt in the dark with the volume on blast on surround :wow:
nikka far from a bytch but had plenty bytchmade moments playin this shyt :wow:
Them damn clickers :damn:

The story/tension/character depth...:wow: EASILY top 10 game of last gen, possibly of all time :wow:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Thats why i agreed with Joels decision.
It becomes clear halfway through the game that it isnt' really the infected that are the threat but these backwards backwoods survivalists.
They could've isolated and wiped out all the sick if society had stayed intact. A cure wasnt gonna do anything to help that.
This is correct. Its hard to battle the disease because of the emotional attachments between human beings. Also because you can just walk into an area and suddenly be accosted by spores and turn into an infected. They would have to burn every place that had spores down to the ground after banding together with resources.

If i made a sequel id have some kind of scientific survivalist trying to kidnap Ellie to make her reproduce human beings born with immunity to the infection. She is held captive for 10 years and has to kill the father of her child while at the same time caring for her immune child. Could be highly impactful. You have to scavenge to get the baby some snacks n stuff every once and a while or the baby will cry and alert infected. :heh:

In the last of us 3, Ellies son survives in a world where the government has taken more control and are now clamping down on survivalists, using infected to flush out small camps.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I love how after you beat the cannibal town, you feel all powerful as you prepare to head to the fireflies location and as you make your way there through that underground garage you realize that things are STILL VERY REAL.

Youd think with all your weapons you can start walking through enemies but with those bloaters, runners and clickers running in packs now, THINGS ARE STILL VERY REAL, friends. :sitdown:

southsideblk

A D@mn Freshmen again
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Don't know if I did the spoiler shyt right, but if I didn't spoilers up ahead so bail out if you ain't finished it

....aight

Don't know if anyone brought this up already, but Joel made the right choice, I didn't peep it until I played through a second time. Look at the charts, and listen to the audio tapes in the hospital. Home girl was NOT the first chick with an immunity, it was many. But they fukked up and killed the other immune subjects trying to synthesize a cure. She was without a shadow of doubt, going to wind up end up dead allowing them to experiment on her...just like the many subjects before her, that was stated.

But, each subject only "contributed" towards a "possible" cure. They were basically rag tag scientist so desperate for a cure, life was expendable. But for the sake of argument what if they took ellie and dissected her, but got nothing. How many years would if be before another immune child emerged. The risk outweighed the reward by a large amount considering the end game possibilities.

I think Joel shytty for merking Marlene though, after that I was like fukk him either way.

Anyway, that's my two cents

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
This is correct. Its hard to battle the disease because of the emotional attachments between human beings. Also because you can just walk into an area and suddenly be accosted by spores and turn into an infected. They would have to burn every place that had spores down to the ground after banding together with resources.

If i made a sequel id have some kind of scientific survivalist trying to kidnap Ellie to make her reproduce human beings born with immunity to the infection. She is held captive for 10 years and has to kill the father of her child while at the same time caring for her immune child. Could be highly impactful. You have to scavenge to get the baby some snacks n stuff every once and a while or the baby will cry and alert infected. :heh:

In the last of us 3, Ellies son survives in a world where the government has taken more control and are now clamping down on survivalists, using infected to flush out small camps.

:why:

Demonic filth