THATS how "The Last of Us" ends????

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Of course finding a cure wouldn't prevent further death. Humans have been killing each other for centuries before the virus outbreak. But what does that have to do with the goal of saving our species? Man isn't inherently evil. Maybe inherently selfish, but evil (besides being an ethical concept that's hard to prove) is more so a product of circumstance. Finding a cure would have taken away a lot of the circumstances that drove a lot of people to doing evil things. While I agree that if it was our time to go there would be nothing we could do about it, at the end of the game there clearly was something we could do to prevent that. It's not like an asteroid struck the planet and we were fukked regardless. Humanity has been ravaged by plagues and viruses for a long time. Cures have been found and we've endured.
yeah u right, I worded it wrong. man is all about self-preservation, whatever the cost..
:troll: but you could speculate that if a cure had been found, what would be the cost for the avg person? life is more valuable than anything on earth but ppl have been profiting off cures for thousands of years. so only the "chosen" few would've have access to a solution. is that not evil?

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Exactly... and he was going to lose someone he cared about again, except this time he had to power to prevent it. Of course he was going to do so, regardless of the circumstances.
When he started being all open about his daughter, I knew what was up.

:mjcry: Ellie is his baby.

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
How creative director, Neil Druckmann feels about and interprets the ending:

SOURCE

tUVXouA.png
I kinda agree

Ellie did have that "this dude has lost it" kind of look

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
one of the greatest games ever to me was Indigo Prophecy...great movie game and gave you a choice to your ending base on consequences....if this game would have done that then it would be the perfect game... imo

Ugh, except all those quick time events

Daps
personally, I think he was right. Not in murdering everyone there, but just getting Ellie out. The firefly chick admitted that they had had numerous people who were immune in the past, and they had all died without finding any cure. fukk that shyt. I woulda done the same and got her out. Find another guinea pig
Didn't know that it changes my opinion a lil bit on the ending

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
They fukked up by making it linear instead of open world, i liked it but GTA came through and basically killed the linear genre for me.