THATS how "The Last of Us" ends????

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
Game is racist garbage. All the black males are weak or criminals and the black women are strong dykes.

Statik

King Of Kings.
Daps
Joel didn't make the morally correct choice. I think Ellie makes it pretty clear she'd have been ok with dying as she was waiting on her turn. Joel did that for his own reasons because he wouldn't have been ok with it. He basically went against her wishes because he wanted her around which is why he had to lie to her about it. he knew he was wrong.

Ellie was never aware she have to give up her life for a cure.If Marlene could have awakened Ellie at any point to tell her what was going to happen (she was going to be killed) and make sure she was okay with it. She didn't because she was afraid Ellie wouldn't agree to it. Another position I have always held is that while Ellie wanted the Fireflies to use her immunity to synthesize a cure, she never anticipated, neither would she agree, to die for it. There are too many clues in the main game (she says a few giving their life for the many is stupid, she tells Joel she'll go wherever he wants when this is over, she tells Joel she wants him to teach her how to swim) to determine Ellie would have chosen to die. and her last speech was talking about survival guilt.

A vaccine would just end of being leverage for the fireflies, whos to say they will give it to the people? plus there was no gerantee for a vaccine.In the end Joel made the right choice imo. he humanity is too far gone. and a cure wont fix it. Joel did what any parent would do for there child. heck Riley speech in DLC seemed pro-Joel.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
She has survivors guilt and was prepared to die. beyond that the dialog implies she has a ballpark idea that the cure may have cost her life. why else would she randomly say that to Joel? She knew he was lying but had no proof so she dropped it.

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
one of the greatest games ever to me was Indigo Prophecy...great movie game and gave you a choice to your ending base on consequences....if this game would have done that then it would be the perfect game... imo

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yea, the ending can catch you off guard....I dug it, although I think to go with the theme of choice in the game and how you can play it, I think they should've gave you the option to let her die/let the docs do their thing...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I think his choice was good for the story and drove home the theme of human morality being a very complicated beast.

I do agree with other people that the game would have been better if the players choices/actions had an effect on the story.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Somebody spoil the addon package for me. I finished the main story but i'm not looking to play the extension.
The ending of the normal game tells you how the DLC goes. They both get infected and Riley died while Ellie developed immunity to the virus.

Ikwa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The ending of the normal game tells you how the DLC goes. They both get infected and Riley died while Ellie developed immunity to the virus.
:wow: how did he get infected? I forgot.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:wow: how did he get infected? I forgot.
I haven't played the DLC but I know they (Riley and Ellie) sneak out of a military facility and get infected. Riley is wrapped up in the fireflies somehow. they also share a lesbian type kiss which is kinda creepy cause we're talking about the sexuality of a 14 year old girl.

I haven't completely spoiled myself on it but if you played and beat the original game its a story that you know the ending of.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
How creative director, Neil Druckmann feels about and interprets the ending:

“Then we come to that ending and that lie and that okay and what does that okay mean? It’s definitely not a complacent ‘yea I’ll go along with you’, in fact, it’s the opposite. It’s Ellie waking up for the first time, waking up and realizing she can’t rely on him anymore. While she loves him for what he’s done for her, she hates him for robbing her of that choice. She knows that she has to leave him and make her own decisions and mistakes.”

SOURCE

tUVXouA.png

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
:patrice:....i didn't get that from it but okay....

Yeah, I'm going with the happier interpretation. Wish I never read that though :to: Since he's the creative director, it's like what he says makes it feel like a true ending even though it's open for everybody