that soprano's ending ?

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
how can you compare that decade to the decades that fukked up the families?
in the beginning you needed to be brutal and grimy, but towards the 70's and 80's you had to be quiet and underground.

:huhldup: the fukk are you talking about. The mob did public killings to send a message out to people. The mafia has a long history for killing people in public to make an example out of em.

in the beginning you needed to be brutal and grimy, but towards the 70's and 80's you had to be quiet and underground.

This don't even make any sense. No matter what decade you're in you're always going to have to be brutal and grimy.If anything the mob went quiet after john gotti got put in jail the 90's. 70's and 80's were not "underground" or "quiet" at all.

Mighty Mike

SOHH veteran
Daps
the best tv series ending ever. :youngsabo:
IMO The Shield had the best ending.
It was a complete opposite of The Sopranos' ending, because it was totally satisfying. All the storylines were closed, and the final shot with Vic in a suit(!!!) was priceless.

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Shield finale>>>

But ya, if you watch the final season of the sopranos I don't see how you come to any conclusion other than that he got murked

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
I know he's dead, but what you described is, well, artsy.
Dude left that seed of doubt there on purpose, he could've had the screen cut to the sound of a gun shot..it's not like he was sniped.

Yea no doubt...thats the best way to do it. Even if he would have had it fade to black and then a gunshot nobody would be talking about it. It would have been obvious then. The writers are too smart for that though :leostare:

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
There was nothing obvious about the last scene man. A lot is left up to interpretation. Im aware that most fans think that Tony gets killed and I understand the arguments, but it certainly isn't definitive. Personally, I didn't really care for the ending. If I he got killed then we should have saw that. I mean was it just him? Did Carmella and the son get it too? What happened to Meadow? Too many unanswered questions.

There is a reason the camera keeps panning to other people in the diner because they are trying to imply that the assassin is already there. Create an atmosphere of tension for the viewer. Basic storytelling here guys. Also Carmella and AJ would not get the business...they don't operate that way. No civilians.

- They show the guy in the hat...could it be him (Bobby's killers wore hats):dwillhuh:
- They show the baseball coach, nah can't be him. He got a little league team with him.
- They show the couple enjoying themselves...nah.
- AJ and his shadow walk in...could it be AJ's guard? Maybe. The guard going to the bathroom could be a signal for the killers to pop Tony now. :leon:
-Could it be the two black dudes that walked in before Meadow? Maybe. They hired black dudes to kill Tony before. :ohhh:

IMO the killer was already there, it didn't matter what Meadow did or didn't do. That was just to throw you off of what was about to happen. What I saw was Meadow walking in just in time to see her dad's brains splatter. Then you got the fade to black convo wit Bobby and Tony. At least thats what I got out of it and yea thats my interpretation. :ld:

KTD2

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Personally, I didn't really care for the ending. If I he got killed then we should have saw that. I mean was it just him? Did Carmella and the son get it too? What happened to Meadow? Too many unanswered questions.

THIS.

I think Tony is dead but I was really annoyed that they didn't allude to WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REST OF THEM.

I'd like to think they all got away.