that soprano's ending ?

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
The funny thing is the american mafia was started when lucky luciano's men killed a guy in a crowded restaurant. You don't know what your talking about.

The mafia was around but that hit on Joe "The Boss" Masseria wiped out the old mafia, mustache petes and created the 5 families modern mafia..

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
The Infamous World's End Houses
There is a reason the camera keeps panning to other people in the diner because they are trying to imply that the assassin is already there. Create an atmosphere of tension for the viewer. Basic storytelling here guys. Also Carmella and AJ would not get the business...they don't operate that way. No civilians.

- They show the guy in the hat...could it be him (Bobby's killers wore hats):dwillhuh:
- They show the baseball coach, nah can't be him. He got a little league team with him.
- They show the couple enjoying themselves...nah.
- AJ and his shadow walk in...could it be AJ's guard? Maybe. The guard going to the bathroom could be a signal for the killers to pop Tony now. :leon:
-Could it be the two black dudes that walked in before Meadow? Maybe. They hired black dudes to kill Tony before. :ohhh:

IMO the killer was already there, it didn't matter what Meadow did or didn't do. That was just to throw you off of what was about to happen. What I saw was Meadow walking in just in time to see her dad's brains splatter. Then you got the fade to black convo wit Bobby and Tony. At least thats what I got out of it and yea thats my interpretation. :ld:

:yes:

That's my interpretation as well, pretty much. :clap:

Members of the family don't get touched.

Yup. Unless someone was snitching. His family might get it then but even then, it probably wouldn't happen.

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
The mafia was around but that hit on Joe "The Boss" Masseria wiped out the old mafia, mustache petes and created the 5 families modern mafia..

Exactly, that old mafia wasn't the "american mafia", lucky luciano pretty much started the "new mafia", the american mafia.

dre

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/DC
You'd have to be retarded or blind to not see all the symbolism in the last season and even before implies Tony's death. It's like I guess people want things to be spelled out to them explicitly all the time, but it's like we were beat over the head with a hammer and still want to be ambiguous about what it was that attacked us because the hammer was in gift wrap

-The Members Only jacket parallel

-The "you probably don't see it when it happens" (that episode being shown out of sequence the week of the finale, when have they ever done that),

-The Seven souls (Meadow the guardian angel couldn't park in time),

The Teddy Spiradakis dirtbag shot in the restaurant by Eugene while he was eating,

the last scene at Holsten's resembling a communion, the last episode beginning looking like Tony was in a coffin, the orange cat metaphor, shyt he even had an orange in the final episode..

Remember when he was in the hospital with Sil and the commercial came on with the girl walking up to a door way and screaming and running out..the magic bullet commercial...the Marie Antoinette imagery (Blue Comet episode, Carmela mighta got it too)...

Chase apparently wanted to make the blackout 30 seconds but HBO wasn't having it that long...he was trying to symbolize basically the last supper/funeral through the imagery and lines used.

How about the two instances in the episode where Tony isn't paying attention to what's behind him....in the meeting with New York when he made that ackward spin in his chair to look at the water behind him, and when he saw Uncle Junior the guard or whatever was asking him to move out of the way and he didn't hear him until the second or third time and you could see it on his face he didn't notice him...they were trying to spell out he wasn't on point.

Oh, and what direction was the guy coming at Tony from in the Restaurant...3 O'Clock. Tony always thought Chris was full of shyt with that but it gpt him in the end

Plotwise I feel like New York thought Phil's head being run over (even though it was an accident) was disrespect and going over the top and Butchie hated Tony anyway, so they hit him and probably sucked up whatever was left of the Jersey crew after that.

If we see essays worth of symbolism and hints at death throughout the final season and Chase said "it's all there" but there are no red herrings there's only one conclusion...come on now..

Sorry for the rant but Sopranos is by far my favorite show. Watched the entire series at least 4 complete times.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
If they really wanted to shock me he would've died when Junior shot him. Why drag the shyt out.

dre

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/DC
Well HBO wanted the cash cow too, it's not all art.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
you're all idiots tony didnt die, they just didnt know how to fukking end it. That whole season was worthless and rushed :laff:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
My favorite show, all time. To me, Tony didn't die, all those essays and analysis are interesting, but to me, life just went on, and we stopped watching. That's the ending I wanted anyway, I didn't want him to die. I think that's the point of the ending, it's open ended and subject to one's own interpretation.

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
just watched the last scene...i havent watched any episode or scene since it first aired so i dont remember much...but the scene by itself was still lame and didnt give us anything...they had no idea what to do with it, so they did it so people can come up with their over analyzin ass theories on their own....and u guys ate it up :heh:

they dont even know wtf happened..they shytted on every viewer that was glued to this show every sunday and copped out...they didnt wanna kill tony, but they didnt wanna not kill him either...they were scared to put a decisive, coherent ending to this

dre

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/DC
I don't know it seems like most contrary POVs can't refute any thing that the analyses and essays state. They just say "the lights went out to say life went on" with nothing to support their opinion besides the screen going black.

People that explain why he died have plenty of ammo.

Ambiguity goes against the essence of the show. Like how could you understand what you've been watching for 8 years and think they wouldn't have a real outcome for Tony...I guess some of the people in here trolling and laughing aren't really serious fans of the show..but the way Chase has told these stories means there's no way the biggest plotline of the show wouldn't be resolved firmly.

Every season's story paid off in the end within the last two episodes, except for Season 4 (kind of)...and this was no exception a lot of blood in those last two episodes and ended off with Tony. You just didn't get to see the finality because showing/hinting it through artistry was more sophisticated then just telling and showing him get shot.

Chase already said there was nothing audacious or meant to be a red herring...he says "if you watch it it's there", so I'm going to assume all the imagery and instances of foreshadowing are pointing one direction.

How does "if you watch it it's there" imply there's no resolution?

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
I don't know it seems like most contrary POVs can't refute any thing that the analyses and essays state. They just say "the lights went out to say life went on" with nothing to support their opinion besides the screen going black.

People that explain why he died have plenty of ammo.

Ambiguity goes against the essence of the show. Like how could you understand what you've been watching for 8 years and think they wouldn't have a real outcome for Tony...I guess some of the people in here trolling and laughing aren't really serious fans of the show..but the way Chase has told these stories means there's no way the biggest plotline of the show wouldn't be resolved firmly.

Every season's story paid off in the end within the last two episodes, except for Season 4 (kind of)...and this was no exception a lot of blood in those last two episodes and ended off with Tony. You just didn't get to see the finality because showing/hinting it through artistry was more sophisticated then just telling and showing him get shot.

Chase already said there was nothing audacious or meant to be a red herring...he says "if you watch it it's there", so I'm going to assume all the imagery and instances of foreshadowing are pointing one direction.

How does "if you watch it it's there" imply there's no resolution?

its a cop out...they were scared to finalize any of the tony stuff...in case of a movie, or somethin in the future

profound

technique
Daps
Plotwise I feel like New York thought Phil's head being run over (even though it was an accident) was disrespect and going over the top and Butchie hated Tony anyway, so they hit him and probably sucked up whatever was left of the Jersey crew after that.

how can u go over the top from murder? butch cosigned it, he betrayed phil at that point.

and it dont make sense how they wrote it...butch asked phil to take jersey out and phil said no, then he agreed and butch was happy. they made headway killing bobby and hospitalizing sill. next thing tony is saying ''my price is...''?

why would butch give up? he said cuz it went too far and cuz phil changed. but ny was up and phil was sticking to the plan. they gave no reason for him to turn like that. promising restitution too? :why::comeon::rudy:

not to mention, agent harris tipped tony before the meeting with butch. so what would tony need a meeting for at that point, and to ask for phils location? :why:

they could have thought it out better than that.

profound

technique
Daps
i guess i could see it as, phil was the angry old man and butch was nudging him off the cliff. but they coulda developed that clearer.