Texas chainsaw massacre on netlfix February 18th

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
I came with the expectation of just wanting to see some gore - and I was satisfied. I thought it was a good slasher movie.

I got like 5 things that pissed me off at least, but then I think that comes with the territory, I'm not expecting too much from the decision making of these type of characters.

bytch asked this nikka to remember her name... fam... fa real? :mjlol:

Last edited:

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
tania-raymonde1.gif

2f1320369f253a56b5537ea26e0a0035.gif
Got dayum. I would fight Leatherface for her bad ass. Anyway is this supposed to be a sequel to the original? They acting like all those remakes didn't happen?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Sally ends up getting in another vehicle and peeling off (she’s yelling at the driver to go), and Leatherface is left swinging around his chainsaw in defeat. Whereas the sisters put their car on autopilot to get out of there, and because they’re cruising, Leatherface is able to pull one of the sisters out of the car, dismembering her and swinging around his chainsaw in victory.

It’s playing off Gen-Z and their overreliance on technology, ultimately being the reason why she dies in the same situation that Sally survived in the OG. The same thing happened in the bus, when that dude threatens Leatherface with being Cancelled whilst recording him on his phone.
I know what happened in the original and I know that this movie was taking very obvious and heavy handed shots at Gen Z, social media, online culture.
None of that means it was any type of reference to the original movie scene of Sally escaping Leatherface. That is where I felt you were reaching with your analysis.
The original scene was just that: an escape.
These two morons in the new movie weren't running for their lives in that moment; they thought they were safe.
It's just the idea that even if you did think you'd escaped the serial killer the idea you'd drive away 5 miles per hour on autopilot was dumb as fukk.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Got dayum. I would fight Leatherface for her bad ass. Anyway is this supposed to be a sequel to the original? They acting like all those remakes didn't happen?
Yeah, they pulled the same move that the 2018 Halloween reboot did where they ignored everything but the original film.

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
This movie was garbage. Basically a brain dead requel that tried shoehorning in a bunch of half baked commentaries or subplots of heavy real life topics like mass shootings and gentrification but without any sort of real attention paid to them. Nobody was particularly memorable or likeable, the leaps in logic for even a horror film was kind of astounding. There’s been plenty of bad TCM films in the franchise but this one really takes the cake.

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
Movie wasn't bad but the premise was straight trash. No breh would concoct a plan that ludicrous. Had me checking out within the first 10 minutes :snoop:

Leatherface without the crazy cannibal family is just a wack ass Jason/Michael Myers. These dudes had barely a reason to use this franchise.

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
What I'm confused by is

why would they parody one of the illest endings of all time in the alleged sequel to that movie as their ending?

What tone were they going for? shyt was funny on the surface but high key insulting to the original film :gucci:

It's astonishing how much better the original movie is than the follow ups. Although I got a soft spot for 3 because the breh gives them cacs that work :banderas: